Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 18:59   Link #4601
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I especially liked the new material around Achiga they showed. Its nice and realistic, I feel, to have someone gunning for Jindai.
What about Toyone? She's totally into Jindai too.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 22:47   Link #4602
King-Slayer

Looking forward to how they animate Hatsumi's match next time. the lewdness will be toned down for sure.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 22:49   Link #4603
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
What about Toyone? She's totally into Jindai too.
Not gunning in that sense.... -_-
Old 2014-02-09, 22:58   Link #4604
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Not gunning in that sense.... -_-
In this series, the line between those gets blurry sometimes (See: Touka). And I think Toyone wouldn't mind going against Jindai in a match.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:10   Link #4605
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
In this series, the line between those gets blurry sometimes (See: Touka). And I think Toyone wouldn't mind going against Jindai in a match.
In terms of outright mahjong play yes, no question.

Kinda think she would have her head handed to her on a platter, though, but that is likely coloredby the fact that I am a big Komaki Jindai fan (cough cough).

Speaking of Toyone, though, I read through chs. 88-101 today to refresh my memory of Eisui's fifth player.

It mentioned specifically that there are nine gods that descend into the miko hermitesses, and that Eisui's taisho was chosen (outside of mahjong) for the 9th of those gods to descend into, also the "nastiest", it seems.

It said that the god that descended briefly into Jindai in her match was one of the weaker ones, and they surmised from that that it's turn was somehow "over" and that that cleared the way for the more powerful deities.

It also mentioned that they descended based on the strength of the opponent, which was interesting as a hint of an evaluation of Yuuki's level of power.

Anyway, in the midst of all this Toyone's special abilities of the strangle from behind and no tile is alone also popped up, as well as how Saki dealt with the whole situation.

Amazing. And Saki did that while not in an ideal state, either....
Old 2014-02-09, 23:24   Link #4606
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
In terms of outright mahjong play yes, no question.

Kinda think she would have her head handed to her on a platter, though, but that is likely coloredby the fact that I am a big Komaki Jindai fan (cough cough).
As far as I'm concerned there aren't many invincible monsters outside Teru, and mahjong is a game for four, so you really can't tell with only those two into consideration.

Quote:
It mentioned specifically that there are nine gods that descend into the miko hermitesses, and that Eisui's taisho was chosen (outside of mahjong) for the 9th of those gods to descend into, also the "nastiest", it seems.

It said that the god that descended briefly into Jindai in her match was one of the weaker ones, and they surmised from that that it's turn was somehow "over" and that that cleared the way for the more powerful deities.
So, whoever faces Jindai next is in serious trouble, eh? That practice with Achiga had better been good.

Quote:
It also mentioned that they descended based on the strength of the opponent, which was interesting as a hint of an evaluation of Yuuki's level of power.
So it was like a chain reaction; Yuuki's relatively low power level made a lower god descend, and as a result Suzu didn't blow up (her power is also based in the opponent's strength).

Quote:
Amazing. And Saki did that while not in an ideal state, either....
Saki is something, alright. Something scary.

I can't even to begin to imagine how you could explain to anime only viewers what she pulls off in the final match. That is better left to our resident mahjong experts.
Old 2014-02-10, 03:47   Link #4607
kona~chan
ヘタレ

yeah especially when sae's scouter exploded when saki unleashed her demonic power

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:52   Link #4608
teja208
Critical fanboy

At this rate, I predict that QT finals will end at ep. 10.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 14:55   Link #4609
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
At this rate, I predict that QT finals will end at ep. 10.
Well, based on the number of manga chapters, I would say ep. 11 (4 chapters per episode).

However, I don't think they should stop at the end of the captain's match (chap. 99). They have to show some of the post-round events: Saki's dream and other stuff. They could extend it right up to chap. 106 when the semis are about to begin. That would be a good place to stop I think. So, with that, we should have 12-13 episodes.

Plus, a beach episode is also quite possible since Ritz made it so easy for them to make one.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 15:27   Link #4610
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Of course, there is the possibility it could spill over into other eps like Achiga-hen did....
Old 2014-02-10, 17:15   Link #4611
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:

So, whoever faces Jindai next is in serious trouble, eh? That practice with Achiga had better been good.

So it was like a chain reaction; Yuuki's relatively low power level made a lower god descend, and as a result Suzu didn't blow up (her power is also based in the opponent's strength).
Chain reaction it was . But from my point of vue you got it backward .

Jindai had a weak God descend on her before the match start . They made descend on her a weak god believing it would be enough and not wanting the Big ones to go out yet .

But Yuuki and the two others were too strong for it and it got away fast , letting the place for a stronger one

The thing is that it take time fro one to come so that stronger god ( which was supposed to be reserved for the Semi ) descend on the last hand because Jindai didn't want to lose .

Suzu only go "Boom" in front of strong opponent , with some misfire . Here either it was a misfire or the fact That Jindai came back to her Human self perturbed her ability .

Last edited by Fragment off; 2014-02-10 at 19:27.
Fragment off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 17:53   Link #4612
Peanutbutter

Basically, Eisui got complacent. They arranged (through rituals and stuff like that I suppose) to have the gods on Jindai one at a time, in increasing order of strength, in all the matches, so that she will be her strongest in the finals. It was mentioned in their post-game conversation (and during their dinner).

But of course, we know what happened. So they have to postpone them for the individuals now.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 20:17   Link #4613
juventus95

Did Jindai play against Teru in last individual tournament in Spring? Just wondering. There's no indication in manga how the individual is set up, but I guess they rotate players around so everyone has to play each other?

So in semifinal match, Suzu goes exploding against strong player but she still loses to Satoha. I wonder how much that would help Himematsu against Teru assuming they go on to the final.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 18:38   Link #4614
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Basically, Eisui got complacent. They arranged (through rituals and stuff like that I suppose) to have the gods on Jindai one at a time, in increasing order of strength, in all the matches, so that she will be her strongest in the finals. It was mentioned in their post-game conversation (and during their dinner).
I was under the impression it was the gods' doing, not them.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 22:20   Link #4615
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventus95 View Post
Did Jindai play against Teru in last individual tournament in Spring?
I have been wondering about this for quite sometime as well. There is no mention of Jindai ever played against Teru. At least I think the media would have mentioned it. I'm more incline to think they didn't face of in any of the individual tournament.

- Maybe at that time no one has yet graps the pattern of gods which will possess her resulting in Jindai using up all the stronger ones at the beginning leaving only the weaker ones near the end.

- We haven't seen what kind of ability the individual only players possess. Maybe there are some that could directly counter her spirit channeling or some of the gods.

- There is another rather lame explanation: since Individual Tournament is where players are required to play consecutive matches against different players, she might overexert herself after channeling the strongest god, and wasn't able to wake up in time for her next match.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:12   Link #4616
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I have been wondering about this for quite sometime as well. There is no mention of Jindai ever played against Teru. At least I think the media would have mentioned it. I'm more incline to think they didn't face of in any of the individual tournament.

- Maybe at that time no one has yet graps the pattern of gods which will possess her resulting in Jindai using up all the stronger ones at the beginning leaving only the weaker ones near the end.

- We haven't seen what kind of ability the individual only players possess. Maybe there are some that could directly counter her spirit channeling or some of the gods.

- There is another rather lame explanation: since Individual Tournament is where players are required to play consecutive matches against different players, she might overexert herself after channeling the strongest god, and wasn't able to wake up in time for her next match.

I think the bold statement is the correct answer. If I remember correctly, the six hermits joined Jindai's team because she overworked herself last year and wasn't able to play.
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:28   Link #4617
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Any news about the main manga? I think it was supposed to come out last week, but I haven't found even a chirp of related info.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 17:11   Link #4618
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Any news about the main manga? I think it was supposed to come out last week, but I haven't found even a chirp of related info.
It was reported to next week
Old 2014-02-14, 21:06   Link #4619
The Green One

Then it'll probably be another month until the next chapter sadly.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 08:46   Link #4620
Serperior

OHHHH SHI------!!

Damn this! RITZZZZ!! Ritz really is outdoing herself with twist and turns during the semi-final round. (I guess it's because of the super slow speed that this is the reason why every twist seems to be an "Oh Shi- moment"

First, it was Yuuki's switched playstyle that caught the readers off guard. Then it was Suzu's explosion and on how Satoha manipulated Naruka to take out one of her fuse.

Next it was Mako's match, in which, the twist was it was longer than one chapter. Then Hao's playstyle of chinese mahjong (I mean, it WAS obvious in hindsight but no one would have guessed it since MCR and Riichi MJ is SUPER different)

Then the new chapter reveals that Usuzan is a yakuman's away from busting and Hisa needs to stop a batman player and a monster from busting them out

Spoiler for but then latest chapter shows that...:
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri