AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-06-26, 11:39   Link #11501
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuu Alseif View Post
Akebono looks so cute with that swimsuit ; u ; and Ushio too.. oh my gosh *dies*
Drew indeed delivered. Those CG actually pushed me into leveling the rest of DesDiv7 to Kai, Oboro and Sazanami. Poor girls were slacking around in the dorms, at level 1.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 16:26   Link #11502
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You kno what I don't udnerstand...
Why do they give Shiratsuyu and Murasame all those seasonal CGs but no KaiNI ?!

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 17:05   Link #11503
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Still no news in Kancolle regarding any major updates? D:

I hardly can do anything nowadays. I know hardcore player still play for Monthly ranking, and screws and so on. Mine is restricted down to daily Pvp and some expedition. Resources, buckets, and subs all max making daily and weekly Orel cruising a chore, so already stopped doing them. Tried to level up the Kai Ni girls. But with most of the lvl 96+don't even make to events nowadays, it just feel so unnecessary D:

Meanwhile other DDM like Kanpani Girls already had like 6-7 major updates in one year with constant events also. That game was almost garbage when it came out, but already started to feel pretty decent, being re-balanced and give lots of things to do. Meanwhile Kancolle still almost stuck at one spot despite very solid starting game. It kinda suck....

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-06-26 at 17:19.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 17:14   Link #11504
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Why would they need a major updates now? The pacing as far as it goes is fine considering all the characters already available.

Besides, you can't compare the others games that don't have the same restriction, nor the same longevity.
Thus far, the game didn't get any slump in term of activity or playerbase despite it is already 2 years old. If anything it is best if they keep the same pace instead of burning every ideas they have and have a stale period within merely months after going all out.
Old 2015-06-26, 17:14   Link #11505
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Major... as in complete HUD overhaul or something?
Old 2015-06-26, 17:24   Link #11506
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't know. Maybe some endgame contents? Those who plays a lot of MMO probably can give a better idea.

Generally I don't stick to a game for this long, honesly
Old 2015-06-26, 17:33   Link #11507
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can't expect a browser game to match how MMO are being "refreshing" by voiding your efforts with more level cap / gear improvements etc. It would require a complete overhaul of the game.

To begin with, MMORPG mechanics wouldn't suit Kancolle at all considering the approach here (controlling several characters instead of only one that evolve along with the MMO updates and the meta).

If you are tired by KC, then that's about it.
Old 2015-06-26, 17:48   Link #11508
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On second thought, i think Kancolle also used many similar principles. Just too conservative to make change.

Kanpani is no way near the benchmark. But for example in Kancolle we have seen them add more rarer "currencies" like medals and screws to make players have to collect. Basically worked as time sink so those already max buckets/ resources/ kanmusu have some other targets to do. The problem is we have to repeat doing the same things for these resources anyway (run map and doind quests)

That Kanpani were trying a more content-introduced approaches. Like when gold became excessive in there, they introduced a dungeon that costs gold to enter and have exclusive drops so you basically will have to burn some of your golds and have to run maps to earn more golds. Or introduce Pvp and give a special currencies to access a different shops. Or uses foods running exclusive map to trying get a character exclusive weapons/ storyline/ idle voices. Once again not a benchmark, just a bit more creative to with things around

I guess even if you don't want to change Kancolle game play, the Kancolle equivalent.... Maybe let say a special quest for each ship to unlock some switchable CG? Like to unlock Nagato switchable CG, you need her to deal last hit (or MVP if the game does not record last hit) against Hoppou in 3-5 50 times for example. Or you can use construction materials to refresh/open a special PvP pages. So you kinda have to go hunt for construct materials if you want to power-level up a girl. Or a map that have rare chance to drop a ship exclusive equipment. For example you need Kongou on your fleet for it to move to certain path, and it have chance to drops a 41cm that will have accuracy penalties to everyone but Kongou. I guess something like that.

I means... having most of the seasonal CG/ voicelines to be permanent reward probably will work too. Kinda like mini event. Like you are given 2 weeks to finish a quest that requires Ushio to finish 3-2 10 times. And you have the Ushio in swimsuit CG. Something like that.
Old 2015-06-26, 17:55   Link #11509
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't see the game being "too conservative". Instead, it rather looks like you expect the game to be completely different for what it is.

The game is by no means an RPG, so I don't see the point of involving even more currency and lock players because "they don't have grinded enough a given currency". Kancolle hardly force people to farm specifically for exp outside of events, and it would be absurdely frustrating for non high end players to manage even more stuff just for "exclusive content", which is arguably not needed for the economic approach they have already set.

The seasonal content is in line with what the developpers have in mind for the very beginning: they want people to enjoy the game whatever the period of the year or the progression of each player. Also, their intent from the very beginning is to make every kanmusu available for anyone. Giving a completely exclusive content regarding a certain kanmusu isn't in line with their game design philosophy.

The point of Kancolle is to collect every kanmusu. It is arguably not a game where you are pimping all of your units with flashy content and whatnot. What you are suggesting is more akin to stuff found in MMO and mobage.
Old 2015-06-26, 17:58   Link #11510
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The only major update I want is more fleet slots :P

The thing I like about kancolle is that they aren't going too crazy with all the "end game" content. MMOs, heck even facebook games, have "end game" content problems. Best example is that avenger's alliance game which had a constant stream of events and ever changing meta that usually centered around event exclusive heroes that eventually get released as paid units unless you're willing to shell out cash. It becomes a game that forces you to play it unless you want to lag lightyears behind everyone else in PVP and/or progression just by stopping play for a month.

Kancolle is as casual and as deep as you want it to be. You don't feel absolutely useless when you're losing those PVP bouts because you can see your kanmusu putting up a valiant fight instead of being absolutely trounced(unless you went in with a horrible set-up ofourse), but if you want to then you can also bring your A-game, learn the ropes and think of a great line-up/set-up without having to be centered around the latest power-creeped release ship.
Old 2015-06-26, 18:01   Link #11511
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I don't see the game being "too conservative". Instead, it rather looks like you expect the game to be completely different for what it is.
That's pretty much the definition of conservative.

Averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The only major update I want is more fleet slots :P

The thing I like about kancolle is that they aren't going too crazy with all the "end game" content. MMOs, heck even facebook games, have "end game" content problems. Best example is that avenger's alliance game which had a constant stream of events and ever changing meta that usually centered around event exclusive heroes that eventually get released as paid units unless you're willing to shell out cash. It becomes a game that forces you to play it unless you want to lag lightyears behind everyone else in PVP and/or progression just by stopping play for a month.

Kancolle is as casual and as deep as you want it to be. You don't feel absolutely useless when you're losing those PVP bouts because you can see your kanmusu putting up a valiant fight instead of being absolutely trounced(unless you went in with a horrible set-up ofourse), but if you want to then you can also bring your A-game, learn the ropes and think of a great line-up/set-up without having to be centered around the latest power-creeped release ship.
You mistook the definition of end games content with power-creeping through.

Like Power-creeping is often introduced as end-games content. But it does not work both way
Old 2015-06-26, 18:12   Link #11512
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.
Actually, it isn't even the case. The game has evolved to the point that:
1) you can customize the arsenal of your kanmusu
2) new mechanics like LOS and route selection were introduced
3) UI changes and so forth.

If we were told such changes would happen back after IBS or Arpeggio, it wouldn't be believed on the same.

What i'm arguing here is that you are asking for points that don't even make sense in the game when you consider the game design and the developpers philosophy.
The evidence of that is that you bring into arguments games like Kanpani that don't have the same design nor style either. The simple fact Kanpani is much closer to RPG than Kancolle is enough to warrant such differences.

I don't see how it is being conservative when the game tend to more freedom while staying true to the collection game design. As such, adding exclusive content would definitely be a problem since it would punish people who didn't get in the game early (which is sort of the case for ships like Akizuki) or because they aren't as hardcore as some people to fulfill the conditions for unlocking that content.

What you are looking for is a short term kind of stuff to grind for self satisfaction whereas the game simply set a very long term goal without much fancy for obvious reasons.
Old 2015-06-26, 18:23   Link #11513
KBTKaiser

The fact they let us choose a path split is proof enough for innovation.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 18:50   Link #11514
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, it isn't even the case. The game has evolved to the point that:
1) you can customize the arsenal of your kanmusu
2) new mechanics like LOS and route selection were introduced
3) UI changes and so forth.
I'm not saying it's totally conservative. But it took a much more conservative stand and rarely try to move away from its formula.

The rest, i can't understand your points. Every single games with any kind of progression restrict ( or "make it exclusive" as you put it) contents to some degrees. Unless it's totally skill/ timing based like most of the MOBA out there. Why are you talking as if Kantai is a MOBA where you can do every single thing as soon as you start?
Old 2015-06-26, 19:00   Link #11515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but moving away from the formula was what destroyed games like warframe for me

Also despite pointing out that powercreep is different the issue you've been discussing like the whole AAI super ship Akizuki(as much as I hear about her) is basically the same. What if they made ships like her a common occurence in a monthly event? That wouldn't be pleasant as far as I can tell.

Kantai Collection may not allow you access to everything at once but it's generally pretty relaxed so people who get into it can get their bearings straight and hang with the most veteran without feeling extremely underpowered/out of the loop.
Old 2015-06-26, 19:04   Link #11516
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What are you talking about?
I don't even consider Kancolle close to a MOBA. To the contrary, that game CANNOT follow the trend of Moba, Mobage or MMO, simply because the game design isn't thought for that.

Again, I repeat myself: exclusive content does not mesh well with Kancolle because it would be way too detrimental for newcomers and those who play the game very casually. Otherwise, they would have never introduce the LSC to make ships like Yamato available later on.
On the contrary, they keep throwing events at us on frequent basis so people like us can use their established fleet and get the new kanmusu at the same time. Everything isn't "readily" available.

There is an obvious balance of sense of novelty in term of new characters while keeping the progression smooth enough so even newcomers can enjoy the game as much as the veteran, therefore, exclusive content is absolutely against to such philosophy.
Old 2015-06-26, 19:25   Link #11517
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And interesting change would be shifting where your naval base is operating after a moving campaign to another region to use Allied ships in there home waters (British and American mostly), but also have the regions be able to house the German and Italian forces in greater numbers.

Though that basically sounds like an expansion.
Old 2015-06-26, 19:31   Link #11518
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Abyssal collection

*drool* *heavy breathibg cat* *fantasy intensifies*
Old 2015-06-27, 01:58   Link #11519
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quick question.

Got points finally. used VPN.

Bought the dock expansion. DMM diag appeared and clicked.

No Akashi diag appeared. points got consumed (confirmed in transaction).

no item in bag/second page. what happened and what do?
Old 2015-06-27, 05:44   Link #11520
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Quick question.

Got points finally. used VPN.

Bought the dock expansion. DMM diag appeared and clicked.

No Akashi diag appeared. points got consumed (confirmed in transaction).

no item in bag/second page. what happened and what do?
Its not in the main tab of your inventory but in the secondary one.
The interface there looks more blue-steelish.

Thats where it is in.

Edit:
To give some additional info here:
They always know where you are from, even if you use a region cookie.

Assuming you used your credit card they know where the card comes from, and assuming you usually use the region cookie tmethod they know it by your IP adress since it contains your exact location.
Also I don't think you need VPN to buy points.
At least everything worked fine last time I got points simply by logging in from aormal webbrowser without it

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-06-27 at 05:56.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls