Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 11:51   Link #341
dragon1412

UW is a game
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:06   Link #342
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Does Kirito have his own OSS? Was the Deadly Sin we saw in v7?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:58   Link #343
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
I think the price goes up to 500,000 yen or something but this might not be true but as far as i remember it did not reach 1,000,000 and the price have alot of 6 in it.
1)Um I thought they just got 16.5 from the web?
Is there a novel form of it?

and in vol 4...

"Asuna desperately resisted, but the slug immediately extended new tentacles. Touching the skin of Asuna's leg, the tentacles slowly reached up into her dress.

Asuna endured this unpleasant feeling, and pretended to lose all the strength in her body, and the ability to resist. The slug, taking advantage of that, moved a tentacle toward her mouth. Just as it was about to touch her lips -

Asuna raised her head and bit down -hard- on the tentacle. "

2)Was there ever a description of Asuna's dress in the novel?
About how long it was, etc.

-Just making sure since reaching up her dress may just mean that if he dress is pretty long then it's around under the knee area.

3)Did the translators make a mistake?
"Asuna raised her head and bit down -hard- on the tentacle. "
She raised her mouth right?(Sorry this stuff just kinda gets to me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Summary:
What is this?
Gene098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:30   Link #344
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
1)Um I thought they just got 16.5 from the web?
Is there a novel form of it?
Nope, it's a 6 piece of paper that the author wrote. Plan to put it in the web comic but it got license so it's got taken down but still it doesn't mean that it didn't exist so. I think it's one of the convention or gathering when that 6 pieces of paper shows up for the auction. And really any thing the author writes/draws himself are considered "canon" in the eye of the fans. So they just get it over with with a ridiculous auction for the last pieces of SAo that's been written before the publication of the light novel.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:10   Link #345
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Oh i see thanks ^^. Back on topic, the UW world is a game? Or a true AI environment?
For me, I am inclined for the latter. UW is not a game. It was created for experimental purposes. The only "player" in UW is Kirito himself.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:13   Link #346
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

^ and his friends later on
Old 2012-04-12, 23:14   Link #347
tomtkp

^ Yeah, his friends as well but that didn't make UW a game.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:52   Link #348
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, it's a 6 piece of paper that the author wrote. Plan to put it in the web comic but it got license so it's got taken down but still it doesn't mean that it didn't exist so. I think it's one of the convention or gathering when that 6 pieces of paper shows up for the auction. And really any thing the author writes/draws himself are considered "canon" in the eye of the fans. So they just get it over with with a ridiculous auction for the last pieces of SAo that's been written before the publication of the light novel.
So it's just handwritten words on 6 pieces of paper being sold for 500000-1000000yen....no artwork?
Old 2012-04-13, 04:55   Link #349
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
What is this?
Answer below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
The harem side story actually takes place after Alicization, not Mother's Rosario. It is part of the Gaiden X series which this harem side story is coded X2 while Chapter 16.5 is X1.
If the X2 side story is supposed to be the far off epilogue... it does explain why I don't remember seeing a Alice before Alicization
Time-wise, it does mention Asuna had finished high school too... And I didn't know what UW was when I first read it, but after Alicization 'Underworld' does seem to fit >.>
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 06:24   Link #350
Kaiyon

ohhh theres a SAO discussion here huh...
ummm anyone know the details about what Yuki said in volume 7?

Spoiler for Volume 7:

would this happen to relate to anything in volume 9? oh btw thnx for the spoilers~
Kaiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:06   Link #351
tomtkp

I have one question for you current SAO readers:

Lately, I read many comments from people who just knew of SAO and they would always relate SAO to the well-known .hack series.

Out of curiosity, I would like to ask when you first knew of SAO's existance long time ago (or not long ago), did you relate SAO to .hack series? And why so? Was there really so much similarities between SAO and .hack?

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-04-14 at 03:34.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:10   Link #352
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

Lately, I read many comments from people who just knew of SAO and they would always relate SAO to the well-known .hack series.

Out of curious, I would like to ask when you first knew of SAO's existance long time ago (or not long ago), did you relate SAO to .hack series? And why so? Was there really so much similarities between SAO and .hack?
Never related this to the .hack series. Simply because I never saw that anime.

I knew SAO because of Sharramon's translation, when we had only the first volume completed and KuroiHikari doing part of V2.
Old 2012-04-13, 14:02   Link #353
larethian

Quote:

Out of curious, I would like to ask when you first knew of SAO's existance long time ago (or not long ago), did you relate SAO to .hack series? And why so? Was there really so much similarities between SAO and .hack?
Because there are indeed a lot of strong similarities.
Both involve VR gaming that uses headsets.
Both contain plot devices of having 'incidents' on the VR gaming system that lead to players getting 'trapped'.
Both addresses psychological, social, emotional aspects of VR gaming and gamers.
Perhaps because of this, I don't find SAO to be at a mind-blowing level and still think that volume 1 of SAO is slightly superior in terms of (story) enjoyment compared to other volumes (IMHO and I haven't read v9 yet, so don't start the flames), though I still find it interesting and addictive every now and then in the middle of arcs.

Because of these strong similarities, if someone just gives you a summary, it's easy to think that they are almost identical. While they share many similar plot devices and aspects, the story is still different and the characters different. In terms of game-play, though there are many characters in the story as well, SAO gives more focus to a badass individual. Overall, the mood in SAO feels heavier to me (can't explain further without spoilers), in the serious portions that is (which makes it good). And the descriptions in SAO are good and detailed and easy to imagine (though I have never read .hack novel adaptations before).

It's best to watch it and judge it for yourself. But there's a reason why this novel is ranked highly among light novel readers (in single digit-positions in several categories used in light novel rankings for the last couple of years among many hundreds of (or even over a thousand) light novels).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 14:32   Link #354
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Never related this to the .hack series. Simply because I never saw that anime.
Anime, manga, ovas, movies, light novels, etc. There is lot of .Hack// related material.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:08   Link #355
Flere821
Lurker

I got into SAO after reading that crossover chapter in Accel World Vol10, where due to author contrived plot hax certain events Kirito fought Silver Crow. I was under the impression Sword Art Online was the only game in SAO plotline (Vol1 and Vol2 was about SAO game, so I thought the rest would be the same and at that time I didn't feel like reading side stories when I already knew there was a 'Good End' of SAO being completed), so when Alfheim Online was mentioned I went "Wait, What?" and went back and re-read the entire series.
I've never read/watched .hack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyon View Post
ohhh theres a SAO discussion here huh...
ummm anyone know the details about what Yuki said in volume 7?

Spoiler for Volume 7:

would this happen to relate to anything in volume 9? oh btw thnx for the spoilers~
No, that has nothing to do with Vol9. (unless you count how easily Kirito adapts to VR games as somehow related to that last sentence)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 19:29   Link #356
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

No i've never comPared SAO to .//hack i found it more enjoyable
Old 2012-04-13, 22:09   Link #357
Kaiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No, that has nothing to do with Vol9. (unless you count how easily Kirito adapts to VR games as somehow related to that last sentence)
Ahh is that so...i just thought that sentence was rather suspicious eheh.

Quote:

Yea its mainly the relation to VRMMORPGs and that theres a concequence for if you die in the game

Spoiler for .Hack//:
probably....though recently there have been alot of manga added that seem to relate to gaming...
Old 2012-04-13, 22:13   Link #358
Gene098

Did the BT translation group stop or something?
Old 2012-04-13, 22:18   Link #359
Kaiyon

^
I think they're focusing on [Aria in the Starless Night] more than the volumes. dunno might be wrong?
Old 2012-04-14, 14:47   Link #360
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyon View Post
^
I think they're focusing on [Aria in the Starless Night] more than the volumes. dunno might be wrong?
Damn them...sitting in their cozy chairs, already having read the story....

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality