AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-09, 15:00   Link #24101
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Meningitis-linked steroid may have affected 13,000 people in U.S.: CDC
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8970TQ20121008

Analysis: Chavez win keeps Venezuela oil policy intact
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8970UR20121008
Chavez's re-election paints a picture of the "dark side" of democracy

http://www.reddit.com/r/vzla/comment...specha/c6jp60q

(It's in Spanish, but there is a translation right below it)
Old 2012-10-09, 15:01   Link #24102
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Who is he firing? His field agents or his accountants/administrative?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:03   Link #24103
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sounds like he wants to be sued. That's both coercion and wrongful termination. He may think he's avoiding legal trouble by saying he can't tell you who to vote for, but by outright saying if one party wins he's going to cut jobs, that's a direct threat to attempt to force employees to vote one way or another.
This.

This CEO must have forgotten that using coercion in a state of electoral setting is worth some time in the brig if found guilty. I still can't believe this about using threats of job cuts linked with voting.

In other news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19879584

The way the Greeks are shouting against the financial aid from Germany, they are just asking Germany to feck off. I can't wait to see how those idiots would react if Germany decides to cut the supplies for good and then ask for the UE to sign a permanent ban of Greece. Seriously, never you should bite the hand feeding you and helping your sorry butt.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:07   Link #24104
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

too bad he is not my employer, this letter is a potential lottery ticket to millions of dollars.

1. Vote for Obama
2. let him know you voted for Obama
3. When he fires you, sue the hell out of him.

Instant Money.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:09   Link #24105
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
too bad he is not my employer, this letter is a potential lottery ticket to millions of dollars.

1. Vote for Obama
2. let him know you voted for Obama
3. When he fires you, sue the hell out of him.

Instant Money.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:37   Link #24106
willx
Nyaaan~~

There's a follow-up update and more information about this man at gawker. He and his wife were also trying to build the largest house in American history, a literal "Palace of Versailles" which had a documentary made out of it..

http://gawker.com/5950189/the-ceo-wh...obamas-elected
Old 2012-10-09, 17:03   Link #24107
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

And I thought than that boss ''asking'' his employees to give money to Romney's campagne was bad.
Quote:
So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn’t? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the “1 percenters” are bad, I’m telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won’t be at the hands of the “1%”; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.
Given than this ''1 percenter'' is promissing to fire some of his staff if Obama win he is kind of contradicting himself but he would see it.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:07   Link #24108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nah. "You're already in the hands of the 1% But it'll totally be worse if Obama wins!"
Old 2012-10-09, 19:21   Link #24109
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It was a busy Monday for banking news, with one big company rolling out a new prepaid card and another behemoth launching a small business loan program. There’s just one thing that makes this a little bit weird: Neither of the companies launching these initiatives are banks.
Walmart, partnering with American Express, announced it will begin next week offering a prepaid debit card called Bluebird. Google is going to start extending up to $10,000 lines of credit to businesses that want to buy Google AdWords, according to the Financial Times (via The Atlantic Wire). Google’s announcement comes on the heels of a report from e-commerce consulting company ChannelAdvisor that Amazon.com will begin offering loans to small businesses who use Amazon as a virtual storefront “to purchase inventory and increase your sales on Amazon.com.”

http://moneyland.time.com/2012/10/09...-actual-banks/
the only surprise in this article is that Apple hasn't gotten involve.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:55   Link #24110
sa547
*Author

Either he's saying it for popularity's sake or because he himself suffered through homework: French President Hollande vows to abolish homework.
Old 2012-10-09, 20:12   Link #24111
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Either he's saying it for popularity's sake or because he himself suffered through homework: French President Hollande vows to abolish homework.
How's that going to work?

Though I find it somewhat amazing that they only had a 4 day week...

4 1/2 days seems better to me.
Old 2012-10-09, 20:16   Link #24112
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
the only surprise in this article is that Apple hasn't gotten involve.
As much as I think those organizations are super smart.. credit risk management and corresponding controls and limits are kind of important..
Old 2012-10-09, 20:21   Link #24113
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
As much as I think those organizations are super smart.. credit risk management and corresponding controls and limits are kind of important..
*looks at the State of the Current Banking Sector

can't do much worst
Old 2012-10-09, 20:56   Link #24114
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
*looks at the State of the Current Banking Sector

can't do much worst
Well, I'm more talking about loan officers and credit risk management people over retail and other ops, not whoever sits on the trading desks
Old 2012-10-09, 21:06   Link #24115
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Well, I'm more talking about loan officers and credit risk management people over retail and other ops, not whoever sits on the trading desks
plenty of those people around to hire.
Old 2012-10-09, 22:51   Link #24116
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Yeah, I mean, have you ever thought when you got that soulless business degree that you might be getting hired at Google? People will jump at that chance, if they do go through with it, if only so they can totally laugh in the face of just about every one of their compsci friends.

But really Walmart just wants to continue the flow of credit -- the great American consumer economy (yeah yeah it's a prepaid, the point is to have a card and not the less charmingly easy-to-use benjamins) -- while Google is dabbling in everything as usual as they think, probably correctly, that they can do better and try to achieve that world domination plan of theirs. I think at some point they want an economic ecosystem at the level that makes Apple looks like it's run by a bunch of freelancers.

Not that I mind, they can have the world if they give me Google Fiber.
Old 2012-10-09, 22:55   Link #24117
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Yeah, I mean, have you ever thought when you got that soulless business degree that you might be getting hired at Google? People will jump at that chance, if they do go through with it, if only so they can totally laugh in the face of just about every one of their compsci friends.

But really Walmart just wants to continue the flow of credit -- the great American consumer economy (yeah yeah it's a prepaid, the point is to have a card and not the less charmingly easy-to-use benjamins) -- while Google is dabbling in everything as usual as they think, probably correctly, that they can do better and try to achieve that world domination plan of theirs. I think at some point they want an economic ecosystem at the level that makes Apple looks like it's run by a bunch of freelancers.

Not that I mind, they can have the world if they give me Google Fiber.
Fair, actually I don't know if people had read, but I think this is part of Walmart's whole plan to bring back "lay away" -- that's right, consumer credit to buy pretty much everything that you want .. Let the money taps flow!
Old 2012-10-10, 00:28   Link #24118
flying ^

AND today's Darwin Awards goes to...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-computer.html
Old 2012-10-10, 02:14   Link #24119
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
How's that going to work?

Though I find it somewhat amazing that they only had a 4 day week...

4 1/2 days seems better to me.
Kids in my country have five days a week (and for some dumb reason have to lug a damn huge schoolbag weighing some 10-15kg even if it's necessary to bring only what should be really needed); college students do 6 (plus Sundays for ROTC).

First time there I ever hear that French schoolkids have 4 days per week, which is astonishing.
Old 2012-10-10, 06:22   Link #24120
Shay
Monarch Programmer

http://news.sky.com/story/995612/ant...t-by-militants

Edit: I must have it a nerve...
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2012-10-10 at 06:41.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international