AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-12, 05:17   Link #1021
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well, lately i see Sela so many times but i prefer see the others too
The recap probably was necessary but really annoying as always, so i hope that next time finally we'll see more action for Dan and co
Old 2009-08-12, 10:38   Link #1022
klare

Sela was travelling before she dunked the ball... but i guess its fine in Basquash

i have a feeling that Dan's final opponent might be... Coco?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:53   Link #1023
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Recap episode rather boring but had some good key points that made the episode worth the watch.

Sela finally started to rise above her past and in time will learn exactly what her dad thought of her and her mother. Her moments with Navi are cute i see more flirting and misunderstandings in their future. Navi makes a pretty good point guard.

So not only did Coco leave earth with Slash who was the guy she met in the past who mysteriously gets younger over time (maybe it has something to do with the moon and the mysterious ore the mine) But it appears that her accident was not an accident after all. A faction on the moon tried to manipulate the circumstance invovling the "The Legend". It was suppose to be Coco and we know this because Slash said the plan was set back a number of years meaning they had to wait for another Legend to become worthy namely Dan. Which means Damn may be targeted again soon. Btw i wonder if by the time Dan sees his sister will she have had the operation to repair her legs.

Um lets see what else............ Evil glasses guy gets his plans ruined for the town all because a little game of Basquash. The old timers kick ass nothing flashy just sticking to the basics. um Sela sounds funny when she screams BASQUASH!!! im not going to talk about the dunk its an anime thats all that needs to be said lol

Are these guys ever going to get to the moon lol i mean Coco beat them there.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:23   Link #1024
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know what, I'm surprised to be saying this, but I think the Underground arc has actually been kind of crappy. I like Navi, but the whole Price of Hell thing has just been kind of lame and I don't really think he makes a compelling antagonist at all. It's also felt like a bit of a detour away from the way the story had been going even if it does give Iceman a bit of development. The whole place is just to damn dreary, they've spent 4 episodes down there, and I'm just glad to see them move along from it.

Things instantly get back to the good old fun times once they leave, but I still think there are just way to many questions that are still open from the beginning of the series such as the "Legend" (seemingly the main overarching storyline), what the deal with James and Slash is (how old are they and how did they meet all of these people in their youth), what the deal with Coco's attitude towards Dan is (speaking of which who was it that tried to kidnap her), what the deal with Rouge and Eclipse is, what Mooneyes is like, what the deal with Yan is (he's looking like a main series villain now)....it just goes on and on and we still haven't really gotten to the bottom of anybody's motivation yet as we get sidetracked in these other stories. It's looking like they are either going to have to stick dead on to the main storyline they are jabbing at now (whatever it is) or that they are going to need one big reveal episode right at the very end if they want to resolve all of these plotlines. I think they can and will do it, but I'd be lying if I wasn't just a tiny bit worried at the same time.

Alright so episode 19 closes off Sela's past troubles with the match against Bill Cosby, Redd Roxx and Colonel Stinkmeaner and the second half sheds some light on what Coco is thinking for perhaps the very first time. It looks like we've delt with every major characters past now, so hopefully we can finally get on with the rest of the story.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-08-12 at 15:55.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:59   Link #1025
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Spoiler for About ep 20.:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 14:23   Link #1026
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Idol Red san. I was hoping it was not so but i should have known better since it was pretty obvious what was happening. I know several people who are going to be upset including myself. However i still Miyuki so i can take some happiness from that.
Old 2009-08-13, 15:44   Link #1027
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 20:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 18:13   Link #1028
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 08:21   Link #1029
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-14, 15:53   Link #1030
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 20 was good (thankgod )
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 17:53   Link #1031
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
fuuuuck.. memory wipe is the oldest trope in the book, but it still gets to me every single time.

Its easily predictable how this bit of the plot will work itself out, but still, I wont stop being sad until it does.
Old 2009-08-14, 18:10   Link #1032
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler:
ha.... the princess reaction....made me think it was something more serious....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 18:39   Link #1033
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
fuuuuck.. memory wipe is the oldest trope in the book, but it still gets to me every single time.

Its easily predictable how this bit of the plot will work itself out, but still, I wont stop being sad until it does.
This. I knew it was coming too.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...67#post2486767

Regardless, I still hate going through it. Therefore, I'm shelving this series til the end.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 08:16   Link #1034
jaziek

I'm moving yan harris up from "quite annoying" to "OH MY GOD YOU EVIL CUNT" after seeing the rouge memory/dream scene in episode 20.

also thousand has lost what little cool points she had.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:48   Link #1035
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

I am so pissed about what evil four eyes van harris has done to Rouge and it seems a certain scientist Thousand was involved in her brain washing/enhancement as well, iv lost all respect for her. The break up of Eclipse is sure to have interesting ramifications. That douche is breaking up Eclipes in order to create a new legend one he can control for his own benefit.

Other than that it was nice to see Miyuki come to the front finally. I really like her as character but i had all but given up on any romantic development between her and Dan but shes still a kick ass character and managed to give the Bigfoots a power up.

I prefer the ending with just the bigfoots in the backround.
Old 2009-08-21, 09:28   Link #1036
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I really like her as character but i had all but given up on any romantic development between her and Dan but shes still a kick ass character and managed to give the Bigfoots a power up.
we should have known better, considering that she was modeled after Yoko from gurren laggen (role wise not in appearance) that she was not going to end with the main guy.
Old 2009-08-21, 10:01   Link #1037
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
we should have known better, considering that she was modeled after Yoko from gurren laggen (role wise not in appearance) that she was not going to end with the main guy.
Pretty much but its still disappointing.

Im focusing all my anger on wimpy glasses dude. I have a an idea You hold em ill punch then we switch after 5 min
Old 2009-08-21, 10:58   Link #1038
jaziek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Im focusing all my anger on wimpy glasses dude. I have a an idea You hold em ill punch then we switch after 5 min
I'm in for this.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:46   Link #1039
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
I'm in for this.
whats funny is people dont learn their lesson. Remember since Dans sister got hurt by the people who wanted to change who the legend was everything got set back and years later its on the role again. This douche is ready to screw it up all over again by using Rouge as his pawn.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:19   Link #1040
Midonin
Last Engage

And now, the complete tracklist for Eclipse's album, "Idol Attack".

Trio
"Niji no BRACE" (虹のBRACE)
"Running on (album-mix)"
"nO limiT (album-mix)"
"moon passport"
"nO limiT (sadness X Rouge edit)"

Rouge
"another place"
"Futari no Yakusoku" <- It is pretty much her song, after all

Violette
"Namida-iro" (ナミダイロ)
"Ryuusei" (流星)