AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 21:07   Link #241
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I'd give this episode an 8 if only Menma's VA wasn't so annoyingly typical moe-induced high.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 22:34   Link #242
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... the first episode didn't really manage to make me feel side at any point in time, I was just intellectually enjoying the good script writing. Does that make a monster?
Different strokes for different folks. My RL anime friends for example don't like AnoHana at all, but then again they're self proclaimed 'narutards' and dam proud of it lol. XD

But yeah, script writing was a definite strong point. By the time they overtly showed that Menma was dead, it was already heavily implied by prior conversations (which itself was natural and engaging, revealing a good deal about each character just from talking). While it was already expected, still tugged at my heartstrings when Menma visits her home (though of course, YMMV). Definite grade a plus work IMO.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 22:45   Link #243
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 23:01   Link #244
Valin

Listening to a cover of ZONE was a nice surprise and brought back some memories. A very fitting song though.
Valin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 10:30   Link #245
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It seems to me I may have found a candidate for best anime of the year.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 10:33   Link #246
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Okay first episode,not sure what to expect.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:14   Link #247
D-Gold
Aurum

Well that first episode made me feel sad. I guess I will go re-watch A channel to lift my spirits
Old 2011-04-18, 01:58   Link #248
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here is a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the six main characters and their seiyuus, and some info about each seiyuu. The male characters have two seiyuus: one for the adult and one for the child. The same seiyuus do both ages for the female characters.

Toyosaki Aki joins Tomatsu Haruka in another example of Sphere members appearing as seiyuus in the same shows. She plays Poppo as a child.

It's also good to hear Hayami Saori doing a version of her ojou-san voice as Tsuruko. Developing some range.

Kayano Ai, who plays Menma, appears to be an up-and-comer, with that super-moe voice. She will play one of the three main characters in the new Last Exile, and that is only one of four roles she is already slated for later this year. I'm still not convinced: the voice is a little much even for me. But I am getting used to it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-04-18 at 03:18.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:08   Link #249
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Absolutely love this first episode! A-1 Pics sure knows how to put on some very good shows that I always like so far.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:01   Link #250
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Here is a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the six main characters and their seiyuus, and some info about each seiyuu. The male characters have two seiyuus: one for the adult and one for the child. The same seiyuus do both ages for the female characters.

Toyosaki Aki joins Tomatsu Haruka in another example of Sphere members appearing as seiyuus in the same shows. She plays Poppo as a child.

It's also good to hear Hayami Saori doing a version of her ojou-san voice as Tsuruko. Developing some range.

Kayano Ai, who plays Menma, appears to be an up-and-comer, with that super-moe voice. She will play one of the three main characters in the new Last Exile, and that is only one of four roles she is already slated for later this year. I'm still not convinced: the voice is a little much even for me. But I am getting used to it.
I actually feel Menma's voice a little too.... high-pitched. Maybe they want to show that she's still a little childish from the voice, but I just don't like it. Still, it doesn't hold me back from enjoying the first episode at all. That's how good this episode 1 is for me.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:23   Link #251
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Same with me.

Looking around I'd really like to see more of Ogura Yui after seeing her in an episode of Ore no Imouto and in .hack//quantum and Menma would seem a nice fit.I wonder what someone like Aikawa Juri would have done with the role (she's sounding great in the latest Shinkai movie trailers).
But really the rest of the cast seems great (I never get tired of hearing Irino Miyu) so I can let it go.
Old 2011-04-18, 20:55   Link #252
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Man, the first episode managed to buy me. The initial setting really interested me and I'm excited to see how Jinta and Menma will bring the the separated gang together. As with others, Menma's voice annoyed me a little, but its not so bad that I can't ignore it/get used to it.
Old 2011-04-19, 07:51   Link #253
blewin

Love it! the animation, the music, the lay-back slice of life feel, the expectation of good changes coming for the character because of Menma's ghost returning...

though we won't get to see Menma and Jinta together, Jinta has intrigued me enough to be satisfied with this show as long as he changes into a better person (into how he originally was).

Can't wait to see more!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:57   Link #254
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I think Kayano is the next big thing as far as Female VAs go (and I based that off one ep of Merry after checking up who Isana's VA was lol) but I'm not exactly a fan of her Menma voice. Still this could be the role to skyrocket her career... I'm just looking forward to her Sket Dance character lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 13:23   Link #255
Kouvley

To those with Nico accounts, a radio rip of the full ed

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14184595

The single is out on the 27th.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 04:56   Link #256
Triker

Here's a youtube link for full ed

http://youtu.be/lB2rMhu8EB8
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 05:15   Link #257
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
well isn't scandal released the cover long ago? that's different?
Old 2011-04-20, 07:25   Link #258
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Different version. Original version was by Zone. The one used in the anime is sung by the anime's seiyuu.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 09:06   Link #259
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
Here's a youtube link for full ed

http://youtu.be/lB2rMhu8EB8
You got my hopes up, but then dashed them when I clicked on the link. It's just the TV size ED... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:13   Link #260
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
o wow, watched the first ep of this show randomly on a whim, had no clue what it was about. Wow, fantastic episode, will definitely follow, has potential to be very good.

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy