zztop

The Villainess Lives Twice (KR Webtoon)

Other Titles : 악녀는 두 번 산다
Author : Hanmint
Art : Peachberry, Park Jinwoo
Link : https://mangadex.org/title/49644/the...ss-lives-twice

Spoiler for Plot:

Spoiler for Usual questions:

Iirc the mother's more like a villainess in terms of personality, although Tia has more villainess-level determination.

Some webnovel readers say the content is more politics-based, although there is still romance between Tia and the male lead.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 08:07   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Too bad her hair is not white
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 08:22   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

I like it except the latest chapter where Tia's mother went off like a firecracker just for forced drama and a Big Damn Heroes moment. And it seems like Evron is falling for her way too quickly.
Old 2020-07-18, 08:40   Link #4
Sixth
Hu Tao

I am reading this. I love it.

The main girl is playing 4D chess while others are probably learning how to play checker.

Early chapters were brutal as hell where she got amputated, and her tongue was cut off by her own brother. Certainly brother of the year here.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 10:03   Link #5
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
I like it except the latest chapter where Tia's mother went off like a firecracker just for forced drama and a Big Damn Heroes moment. And it seems like Evron is falling for her way too quickly.
I don't think it was particularly forced. After all Tia intentionaly created that situation as part of her plan.
Old 2020-07-18, 16:10   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

She did, but it's hard to believe that Mirailia rose that high in society if she was that much of an idiot, enough to show her true colors so publicly right when her son's reputation is in danger.
Old 2020-07-18, 20:21   Link #7
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
She did, but it's hard to believe that Mirailia rose that high in society if she was that much of an idiot, enough to show her true colors so publicly right when her son's reputation is in danger.
The early chapter implied that she can't control her emotion at all. Even her son knew that. Tia just capitalized it to the max.
Old 2020-07-18, 20:22   Link #8
zztop

Quote:
I think that's the point, Miraila is both unstable and not that smart. She can scheme (like murdering the Rosans for their fortune), but not as deeply and intelligently as her daughter.

The only reason she could rise so high was partly the emperor's love/favour for her, but largely Tia covering up for her to protect Miraila's reputation (because it would also reflect on Lawrence's reputation by proxy as her son, and Lawrence had to be squeaky-clean no matter what to ensure the succession went his way).

I think Tia was the one largely propping up Miraila's public image by hiding stories of her true colours, which the mother was too happy to take for granted. And in this case, Tia exploited her mother's abusive short-fuse for long-term socio-political gain.
Old 2020-07-19, 01:07   Link #9
Sixth
Hu Tao

^ Agreed.

Old Tia will do whatever and endure all the abuses to protect her family reputation because she believed that it was the right way, but the new Tia already knew that her family is garbage and doesn't deserved to be protected so she chose to bet on the Duke.

Although it took her lost arms and tongue to realize that.
Old 2020-07-19, 04:26   Link #10
Tenzen12

Tia always knew her family was garbage. It's just this time she decided do something about it after realizing it wasn't only way she has.
Old 2020-07-19, 06:10   Link #11
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Tia always knew her family was garbage. It's just this time she decided do something about it after realizing it wasn't only way she has.
She knew her family was garbage but didn't know that they at greater garbage tier where they were willing to brutalized her after what she done for them in the past.
Old 2020-07-21, 01:00   Link #12
Sixth
Hu Tao

New chapter is out.

Cedric gets mad because Tia gets hurt in process, not because she was calculating woman.
Old 2020-08-01, 09:36   Link #13
AnimeFangirl

Almost feel sorry for Lawrence because he's about to scupper his own chances at being Crown Prince. But someone who would throw his mother over that easily just because someone said "Hey, dump her" doesn't deserve my pity.
Old 2020-08-01, 10:59   Link #14
Twi

This one isn't bad.

As for Lawrence, he's essentially a spoiled brat. Putting him on the throne would only end in misery for everyone, as she personally knows.
Old 2020-08-01, 11:40   Link #15
Sixth
Hu Tao

Lawrence is a tryhard edgy boy. Why would he closes his eyes when waiting for Tia?

It is not like he is actually capable enough to do that kind of stunt/cool factor here.
Old 2020-08-01, 15:37   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

In another manhwa, the cold, calculating white-haired pretty boy would be the hero and ML. And all of you would be rooting for him, for shame.
Old 2020-08-02, 08:02   Link #17
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
New chapter is out.

Cedric gets mad because Tia gets hurt in process, not because she was calculating woman.
Well, yeah, he only asked one goddamn thing of her - that she (and the rest of his people) not get hurt.

Quote:
Almost feel sorry for Lawrence because he's about to scupper his own chances at being Crown Prince. But someone who would throw his mother over that easily just because someone said "Hey, dump her" doesn't deserve my pity.
Considering what he did in the first timeline, I don't feel sorry at all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 08:19   Link #18
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
In another manhwa, the cold, calculating white-haired pretty boy would be the hero and ML. And all of you would be rooting for him, for shame.
I won't after learned what he did on Tia in the first timeline.

In fact, I never root for the main character or main lover who is evil and edgy, especially those MC from edgy revenge Isekai where they literally did something even more questionable than the evil guys did to him in the past.
Old 2020-08-02, 10:34   Link #19
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
This one isn't bad.

As for Lawrence, he's essentially a spoiled brat. Putting him on the throne would only end in misery for everyone, as she personally knows.
Exactly, the main reason he could even ascend in the 1st place (apart from Tia's efforts) was the favour and support of his father the emperor and Miraila.

Spoiler for WN spoiler:
Old 2020-08-18, 09:31   Link #20
Sixth
Hu Tao

Tia is so pretty.

Tags
josei, political intrigue, romance, second chances