AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-21, 15:56   Link #641
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe espers can't live long and dies on a young age.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:16   Link #642
tsunade666

if becoming an esper would cause you to shorten your lifespan then many adults wouldn't allow their children to participate on it.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:22   Link #643
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if becoming an esper would cause you to shorten your lifespan then many adults wouldn't allow their children to participate on it.
HA!
You forgot the parents don't know about the methods to turn them into espers?
Old 2010-12-21, 16:30   Link #644
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

Nah. Espers can live long. However, the issue is what happened to all the adult Espers? Like somebody put it, in 14 years, what happened to the Espers that went through development in academy city? Let's say that there are 50 espers outside of academy city and out of that 50, 30 are above level 3. 20 of those espers are level 3 and above while 10 are level 5s. Out of those 10 level 5s, there is bound to be an esper or a group of espers pushing the level 5 barrier into level 6. Accelerator is strong, however, he is still a kid. There must have been other espers of his age in the past before they graduated. If they are still alive, they must have developed their abilities to a greater extent than accelerator has. What happened to the missing generation of Espers?
Old 2010-12-21, 16:36   Link #645
Miraluka
Banned

There was 50 born natural espers outside Academy City but they were retrieved by Academy City in time record, when the news leaked to others organizations outside Academy City they wanted them to start reasearching on them (after capturing the kids) and develop their own institution of espers production. The point which makes it fail is outside Academy City there is no advanced techonology and those gemstones will die during research even before getting some useful info.

In resume if there is a esper outside Academy City, they will send teams to retrieve them as soon as possible.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:43   Link #646
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

So in other words, Academy city is like a zoo for espers and Espers outside of academy city are like an extinct species? Is it possible for an esper to train and develop their abilities without the aid of the technology that academy city provides?
Old 2010-12-21, 16:44   Link #647
Miraluka
Banned

No, because Academy City has the possesion of said materials needed for development.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:50   Link #648
giorno

well, espers=people who release AIM, and natural born espers=gemstones, right?

and gunha sogiita is the most powerful gemstone in the world

@Floran D Negator: read the novels. You are seriously underestimating esper powers development and level 5s and 6s. Consider that out of the millions of students in AC, so far we've seen only 9 people who had the potential to reach level 5, and only 2 of them had the potential to reach level 6

it's not a matter of age, either you have the potential to reach a certain level, in which case AC will make you reach that level relatively quickly(unless something happens that screws that up), or you don't, in which case you will never ever reach that level no matter how much time passes and how hard you try, unless you receive external help(something like the level upper or the sisters networks, specifically)

level 6, or SYSTEM, is just that much more difficult to reach, and probably can't be reached at all without proper knowledge and/or external help...
Old 2010-12-21, 17:33   Link #649
Floran_D_Negator

[QUOTE=giorno;3402011]well, espers=people who release AIM, and natural born espers=gemstones, right?

and gunha sogiita is the most powerful gemstone in the world

@Floran D Negator: read the novels. You are seriously underestimating esper powers development and level 5s and 6s. Consider that out of the millions of students in AC, so far we've seen only 9 people who had the potential to reach level 5, and only 2 of them had the potential to reach level 6

Thank you, I will definitely read the novels. I have read only some of the novels so there are some things i am unsure about. However, the reason why i was thinking this way about the power levels from the beginning was because i was viewing Index from the point of other animes. I know that it is a bit weird, but i thought that power developments in Index worked the same way as they did in One Piece. I know that this is an Index thread, but please let me explain where i am coming from.

Index
The strongest level is level 6(Supposedly)

Espers are born with their abilities

Espers are taught to harness their powers through AC's curriculum

Age does not matter in esper development

One Piece

Pirate King(Strongest level)

Pirates gain abilities through the building up of Haki(spiritual power)

Haki is released through battle experience as well as training

Apparently, the older you are, the more powerful you become and you have more control over your Haki.

In short,

level 6 esper = Pirate King
level 5 esper = Pirate emperor
Level 4 esper = Pirate Commander
Level 3 esper = Rookie captain
Level 2 esper = Stronger crew members.
Level 1 esper = Rookie

Esper abilities = Haki or devil fruit abilities

I was thinking from this point of view, so that was the reason why i did not understand Esper abilities or power developments. Thanks to you, i understand that they work completely differently in Index. Thank you for you explanation and forgive me for my weird post. It's quite late where i am so my brain is half working.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:34   Link #650
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
2. Forgive me if i am wrong, but is it possible that there are more powerful espers outside of academy city? I know that accelerator is the strongest esper in academy city. However, is it plausible to say that there could be even stronger adult espers outside of academy city, who might be level 6s?
Highly impossible. Academy possesses the best technology and methods to creating Espers beyond level 2. That's not to say the other countries aren't trying, but even if they do create their own espers, they would be inferior to Academy City's

Quote:
3. Is it right to say that Touma's imagine breaker works like superman's invulnerability? Whenever Touma uses his right hand. no magical or supernatural powers work on him, except for physical attacks. Is it wrong to say that Touma's so called "kryptonite" is normal physical attacks?
By saying that 'physical' attacks is his 'kryptonite' would imply that Touma can't win in a physical showdown.

This is not true as he had won those kinds of fights before.

Quote:
4. Could another imagine breaker exist?
It's been mention that the unique power of Imagine Breaker doesn't exist anywhere else.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:39   Link #651
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Index
The strongest level is level 6(Supposedly)

Espers are born with their abilities

Espers are taught to harness their powers through AC's curriculum

Level 6 is a godlike level of power that is yet to be reached. The strongest level is still Level 5.

Espers that are not gemstones are not born with their power. AC's curriculum gives it to them.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:45   Link #652
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
About this, I assume the reason why Espers are all children or teens is because those are the developing age of humans, as oppose to adults. It's during this age range that people develop their bodies.

Kuroko once said that dieting is forbidden in Tokiwadai because it would affect your growth, but in this case it's their esper growth that she's referring to.
Old 2010-12-21, 20:31   Link #653
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Age does not matter in esper development.
Actually, Age does matter somewhat, seeing as there have been studies mentioning a mind has to be at least equivalent to that of a human 5-yr-old kid. That's a reason why other animals like housecats can't gain abilities, since they supposedly only have equivalent to a human 3-yr-old's mind at best.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:39   Link #654
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
True, she's strong. Strong as your average saints or should I say. Strong as a saint. And saint = ubber strong in magic world. Though she still limits to that point. She's no where near the level of an angel.
I think we gotta read a fight between saints and level 5's. Well so far i know a saint took down someone that pwned the shit outta the 7th level 5. Don't know how though so can't say much.

This story has more to go to speaking of Saints. Wonder if they'll show all 19, since supposedly aqcua lost his power.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:45   Link #655
tsunade666

Silvia didn't fight Gunha. Orellus is the one who played with Gunha. Silvia is their to torment her husband, I mean to discipline Orellus
Old 2010-12-21, 23:49   Link #656
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Silvia didn't fight Gunha. Orellus is the one who played with Gunha. Silvia is their to torment her husband, I mean to discipline Orellus
thats what i said. She pwned the person who beat the 7th level 5
Old 2010-12-21, 23:57   Link #657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
thats what i said. She pwned the person who beat the 7th level 5
It was more of a comedy scene than a serious display of power.
Old 2010-12-22, 00:08   Link #658
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was more of a comedy scene than a serious display of power.
yah wasn't so sure on how that went down. Thanks for info.
Old 2010-12-22, 00:11   Link #659
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Just my interpretation of Esper Levels in Academy City, judging on their tactical value and impact, pure firepower strength does not matter.

Level 6: ... Can cause an apocalypse?

Level 5: Equivalent to at least an artillery strike on army battalions (that being the weakest standard).
Level 4: As good as the manpower of a special forces squad.
Level 3: Infantrymen
Level 2: Strong civilians (as in possessing some fighting skills, but will be overwhelmed easily by a single Anti-Skill member)
Levels 1 and 0: Normal Civilians. Little to no ability at all

If a Saint is like a tactical nuke in the Magic Side, then they are roughly equal or maybe stronger than a Level 5 I suppose.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-22, 02:03   Link #660
Floran_D_Negator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Actually, Age does matter somewhat, seeing as there have been studies mentioning a mind has to be at least equivalent to that of a human 5-yr-old kid. That's a reason why other animals like housecats can't gain abilities, since they supposedly only have equivalent to a human 3-yr-old's mind at best.
I always wondered why there were not many adult espers
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a