AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-05, 08:42   Link #24781
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
did anyone enter the hlj competition? didnt manage to get my kit completed in time.
Yeah, If anyone here enter it, I want to see the kit.

Btw, there’s not much activity here. Maybe, it’s time for some sharing?
Finally, I get a little extra money to spend. Now I can hunt down items from my ‘must-buy’ list. First, comes 1/100 Exia Roll Out Color:
Spoiler for Grey Exia:
This marks my first Exia kit. I bought this to test how good Exia kit is. Turns out that it’s a solid kit. Almost all parts are solid. The only part that is flimsy is the saber holder on Exia’s waist. I do like the ‘roll-out’ color scheme very much over the original. It’s not too crowded but not dull either. Plus, I get it on sale. I spent a total amount of $17 for this kit to arrive at my house.

Next target would be MG Epyon. I’ve ordered it and it’s on its way right now.
Old 2012-03-05, 08:48   Link #24782
maknaedik

Quote:

did anyone enter the hlj competition? didnt manage to get my kit completed in time.
Even though I want to join that and GMAC contest, I can't. I'll return into painting by April.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:37   Link #24783
kakakka

I somehow got the HG Age-2 Normal, and the only 2 huge complain I have are the plain legs and that hole underneath the knees. The upper part looks good and I really liked the head after putting some lines.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 12:48   Link #24784
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I somehow got the HG Age-2 Normal, and the only 2 huge complain I have are the plain legs and that hole underneath the knees. The upper part looks good and I really liked the head after putting some lines.
And that's where the MG comes in later... =P

MG kits ftw!
Old 2012-03-05, 12:49   Link #24785
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Bandai!!! Where's the MG Wing Zero (TV) and MG Wing Zero (OVA Version)

! I'm not talking about MG Wing Zero Custom. !
! I'm talking about a revised version of that using the MG Wing Gundam (TV)'s frame. !
Old 2012-03-05, 13:37   Link #24786
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Wow the Exia Roll-out colors look amazing as well. Did any of the first Seed gundams get that? I kinda want a Strike without Phase-Shift Armor.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 13:55   Link #24787
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Wow the Exia Roll-out colors look amazing as well. Did any of the first Seed gundams get that? I kinda want a Strike without Phase-Shift Armor.
I’m not sure about model kit, but I think there’s an action figure of ‘deactivate mode’ Strike. Btw, if you want a ‘deactivate mode’ of Freedom, you can get it in RG, but I think it’s a limited edition or something like that.

Correction: Apparently, there IS a RG Strike Deactive Mode. Here's the link:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...strike_24.html
and pics:

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-03-05 at 14:16.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 14:22   Link #24788
kakakka

Searching in dalong, there was an MG phase shift deactivated Strike, but its limited edition from the looks of it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 14:48   Link #24789
Araxiel

Quote:

I entered with a painted HGUC 1/144 RX-78-2, into Intermediate.
Old 2012-03-05, 14:57   Link #24790
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
there is a MG version of the strike without the phaseshift colors: http://dalong.net/review/mg/ml10/ml10_p.htm
other than that its the regular MG aile strike^^

i also finished something today^^

this is definitely the most basic MG model i have ever built. it cant even bend the feet XD
it does look awesome though! i always loved the design of the RX-79(G) and i always wanted to have its MG! mainly because i dont like the Ez8 at all...
but it did need some paint. the beam rifle is painted white, otherwise it would have been just a grey chunk of plastic :P

and the dry transfer decals SUCKED. bandai sure has come a long way since 1999!

Last edited by Appel; 2012-03-05 at 15:10.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 15:34   Link #24791
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The RG Deactive Strike does look better than its MG counterpart. The MG just looks so washed out.

@Appel
Good job with the RX-79. Hey, old kits are awesome in their own way, you know ^^.

About the dry-transfer, if you deal with old dry-transfer decals, once you put them on, make sure to NEVER touch the spot again XD. Unless you want them wiped out. I already experience it with the decals on Alex Gundam’s chest T-T.
Old 2012-03-05, 15:43   Link #24792
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The RG Deactive Strike does look better than its MG counterpart. The MG just looks so washed out.

@Appel
Good job with the RX-79. Hey, old kits are awesome in their own way, you know ^^.

About the dry-transfer, if you deal with old dry-transfer decals, once you put them on, make sure to NEVER touch the spot again XD. Unless you want them wiped out. I already experience it with the decals on Alex Gundam’s chest T-T.
its true, the RG does look better. but if you want a 1/100 phase shift off version than the MG is the only way to go as far as i know^^

and its true! old models need some love as well. and i do love this model! it looks awesome and was interesting to put together. its not like that i regret buying it, im glad that i have it.
it IS a great candidate for a version 2.0 though^^ it has a ton of other flaws (like it cant hold the weapons AT ALL without some sticky tack) and a new version would add a lot of details.

the decal seems to stay on rather well though. all the armor pieces are top coated so i suppose they stay on a little better because of that. they just didnt let go of their plastic sheet though, that was the only problem.
the layout of the sheet was also terrible. you get numbers from 0 to 9 and they were all really close together... im glad that i managed to get the 081 on its right shoulder like that!
there were also some arrows but those didnt work at all.
Old 2012-03-05, 15:59   Link #24793
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
its true, the RG does look better. but if you want a 1/100 phase shift off version than the MG is the only way to go as far as i know^^
Sadly, it is true.

Quote:
the decal seems to stay on rather well though. all the armor pieces are top coated so i suppose they stay on a little better because of that. they just didnt let go of their plastic sheet though, that was the only problem.
the layout of the sheet was also terrible. you get numbers from 0 to 9 and they were all really close together... im glad that i managed to get the 081 on its right shoulder like that!
there were also some arrows but those didnt work at all.
Some decals does stay better than others even though they're from the same sheet, just like the 'ALEX' letters on Alex Gundam's shield which won't fade or slide-off no matter how hard you rub it. The 'NT-1' mark on the chest is a different case though. It really is a mystery . Top-coat does help. Also, the decals' persistence on the sheet is also the problem I forgot to mention. As for the numbers that are close together, you can always cut them before applying.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:03   Link #24794
Appel

Quote:
As for the numbers that are close together, you can always cut them before applying.
well, yeah sure^^ but then all you have left is a tiny bit of the plastic sheet with the decal on it which makes it really hard to apply it properly :P
but the big 08 on the shield was the most important one, anyway and that worked pretty well so its ok^^
one thing that i find weird though is that the decals say "EFSF" even though this is the ground-attack version of the gundam. so in theory it should be "EFGF" instead... i hate it when they give us wrong decals XD thats exactly why i hate the new metal build freedom as well.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:10   Link #24795
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
well, yeah sure^^ but then all you have left is a tiny bit of the plastic sheet with the decal on it which makes it really hard to apply it properly :P
but the big 08 on the shield was the most important one, anyway and that worked pretty well so its ok^^
one thing that i find weird though is that the decals say "EFSF" even though this is the ground-attack version of the gundam. so in theory it should be "EFGF" instead... i hate it when they give us wrong decals XD thats exactly why i hate the new metal build freedom as well.
LOL, I guess I'm good with tiny sheets.

About the EFSF, yea, it's weird for a ground troops to be labeled that way. Maybe the ground forces is just a branch? Maybe the EF's main military organization is indeed the EFSF, so everything military from EF is labeled that way?
Old 2012-03-05, 16:14   Link #24796
Appel

Quote:
LOL, I guess I'm good with tiny sheets.

About the EFSF, yea, it's weird for a ground troops to be labeled that way. Maybe the ground forces is just a branch? Maybe the EF's main military organization is indeed the EFSF, so everything military from EF is labeled that way?
well, their main battle tank is labeled as EFGF and in unicorn eposide 4 some of the GM variations were labeled as EFF.
oh well. space is cooler than the ground, anyway ;D
Old 2012-03-05, 17:02   Link #24797
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Appel, how about RX-79's main cannon? Can the hands & arms hold it properly, or does it need the shield as additional support?
Old 2012-03-05, 17:11   Link #24798
Appel

Quote:
Appel, how about RX-79's main cannon? Can the hands & arms hold it properly, or does it need the shield as additional support?
since i didnt want to display it with that big thing i havent really tried that yet^^ but since it cant even hold the machine gun and the beam rifle without sticky tack i suppose that it cant hold the main gun, too.
Old 2012-03-05, 19:10   Link #24799
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Oh yea~

MG Age-1 Titus!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...review-by.html
Old 2012-03-05, 19:21   Link #24800
Appel

im loving the posable thumb^^ the static thumb on previous MGs always looked SO awkward :P its just weirdly sticking out all the time, there is just no way to pose the hands without making it look funny. but with this posable hand that isnt as bad anymore! i really hope they do that with other new MGs as well!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy