AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 00:42   Link #2521
ykf566

How does the draws for the individuals work? I just hope they get paired up early and not in the finals so we can shift focus to other players.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 01:48   Link #2522
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Okey then I predict that Uzusan will finish first and Kiyosumi second. Think about it, two completely new teams are able to miraculously made it to the final, and three of the seed schools eliminated assuming Senriyama didn't made it. To top it off, Nodoka's past connection with Achiga and Saki's connection to Teru should be enough to make this year's final almost legendary.
I support the idea that Kiyosumi will go to the final round as 2nd place.

Someone need to teach Saki that she isn't invincible.
Old 2012-12-11, 02:10   Link #2523
Serperior

Spoiler for prepare yourself boys:

Christmas this year would be very epic!
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 06:49   Link #2524
tsunade666

WOAH!!! its line up pretty neatly! and here I thought I would need to wait for 2013 after episode 13.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:24   Link #2525
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

^^I'm pretty sure those are re-airing dates of Episode 13
Old 2012-12-11, 09:54   Link #2526
tsunade666

-_- . . . . ................

Okay >_> back to moping and waiting for next year.
Old 2012-12-11, 11:15   Link #2527
Marina2

That Shizuno face!!!
Old 2012-12-11, 11:34   Link #2528
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Her face looks parallel with Awai. The only differences are in hair and eye color.. and uh, not to mention that Shizu's bangs is hiding her right eye while Awai hiding her left eye.

..Not to say it means anything though. At least Shizu looks pretty cool in that picture.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:38   Link #2529
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Then I'll be betting that Kiyosumi will come out on top again... for second place, I can't still make any predictions for we haven't seen what Usuzan and Rinkai has to offer...
thats no fun man.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 21:10   Link #2530
night_sentinel

Yey... I can post again.

Nice poster. It looks like the Side-A semifinals is going to be epic. Btw, any news on additional episodes or they are really going to stick to 3 episode?

Anyway, back to the discussion... My bet for the Side-B tournament is Kiyosumi and Rinkai then.

Rinkai has scary credentials. In paper, I would easily consider Rinkai to be a 'rigged' team. Seriously their team composition is ridiculous. The newcomers have distinguished themselves in international tournaments. Their sole Japanese player is ranked third in the individuals. Then, Megan, the only player that is on Rinkai's lineup last year, was able to hang with Cold Touka. I would be very surprised if they don't dominate.

I don't know about Uzusan, but from the brief glimpse we have of their quarterly match - it seems like Rinkai was curbstomping them. Though, this is admittedly at the center match, it is possible that Uzusan put their best players at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I support the idea that Kiyosumi will go to the final round as 2nd place.

Someone need to teach Saki that she isn't invincible.
On the placement of the team. It wouldn't really bother me if Kiyosumi will get second for this match. Kiyosumi getting second for the semi-final may heighten the tension more for the finals. Of course, it also won't bother me if Kiyosumi gets first place either. It may even give the media a clue that Kiyosumi isn't a one-woman Haramura Nodoka team. That their members are all national level and perhaps in some cases above that. That they are actually a legitimate contender in this tournament.

Regarding Saki though, I think there is no need for anyone to teach her that she isn't invincible. In my opinion, Saki has the opposite problem. From her last match, I have a feeling that Saki still continues to overestimate her opponents. An example would be when Kyouko accidentally blocked her kan at the beginning of the match; I am willing to bet that Saki believes Kyouko did that deliberately.

What Saki really needs is perspective. That and a healthy dose of self-confidence so she doesn't falter in the middle of the match.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 00:47   Link #2531
night_sentinel

Hey guys more news about Achiga.

Quote:
>小野学 ‏@gaku3900
>咲-Saki-阿知賀編13話、12月24日23時30~AT-Xにてファースト
>オンエア決定です!ちなみに13話は500カットオーバーの大ボリュ
ーム!
>注目の白糸台のキャスト発表と14話以降の情報はもう少しお待ちくだ

>い。他にもなにかある!かも…

>Saki Achiga-hen episode 13 is set to on 12/24 at 23:30 on AT-X! Incidentally, episode 13 has a huge number of cuts, over 500! Keep an eye out for an announcement of Shiraitodai's cast and more information on episode 14. There's more to come...
Old 2012-12-12, 02:49   Link #2532
The Green One

A huge number of cuts? Over 500? I wonder what that's supposed to mean.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 02:58   Link #2533
teja208
Critical fanboy

Yeah, I don't get it, but I'm pretty sure it's not cutting out scenes in the manga to fit 3 episodes. Right?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 03:21   Link #2534
Serperior

It means more animated scenes, so they're really trying to squeeze and fit the matches into 3 episodes. Meaning it's going to be awesome!

Spoiler for Updated Results:
Old 2012-12-12, 09:51   Link #2535
RJ TAYLER

Match is tightening. Can become 'anyone's game' now. Good work Ritz on that front as it leads to a 'Will they/Won't they" easier.
Old 2012-12-13, 13:18   Link #2536
Serperior

Spoiler for Saki-Achiga full Poster:

Also, I have news! Terrible or great you guys decide.

Anyways, manami, the VA for FunaQ is not reprising her role as FunaQ since she wants to focus on her singing career. The one replacing her is Misawa Sachika, otherwise known as Kuroyukihime.

For one, I'm glad. I love Misawa Sachika but I feel like her voice is too serious for FunaQ and a lost opportunity for her since she could have voiced one of the many characters coming up in Zenkoku-hen (I can picture her as Toyone or Kyouko). FunaQ already had a few lines, and I think that FunaQ have better and more lines in the new episodes but still, I feel kinda disappointed or so. As I said, I like FunaQ.

I guess this is an aftermath if you cast 4/5 members of Senriyama as StylipS.... the other 1/5 wants to have a singing career too.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-13, 23:25   Link #2537
night_sentinel

Lol... the VA casting is certainly inspired this time....

So Funaq is Kuroyukihime
This should be good. I am now intensely curious how she is going to handle certain scenes.

Anyway, to undoubtedly better news. Someone informed me that Achiga ep 14 runtime is listed as 60 min on Amazon. No extras mentioned so this one could be double length for real.

This is very deeply relieving for me since I'm wondering how they are going to animate all those contents in just 3 episodes.

If you guys want to confirm it this is the link....
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00ANH0OH4/
Old 2012-12-14, 01:53   Link #2538
Serperior

Well, I haven't heard of it but I just hope so! I don't want the episode be rushed! Why can't they just make 8 new episodes? Then it'll make Achiga-hen 20 episodes.

Also... something shocking. There has been an ongoing joke that the reason why Ritz kept having delays and hiatuses is because she was busy molesting Igurashi. Well...

Spoiler for something lewd-ish; though not nsfw:
Old 2012-12-14, 21:08   Link #2539
King-Slayer

Chapters out.

Another pretty damn good chapter. Almost all of the vice-captains looked good here except for Seiko. Good to see Toki is okay and calling for Ryuuka. Awai has a strong ability. Really looking forward to more of the captains match.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:15   Link #2540
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Translations for achiga are finally out, and this has to be the first time I feel a 60-so page chapter of anything feels too short.

Spoiler for Chapter 17:

I also have to mention the cover.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

By the way, did no one else notice (or at least mention here) that in the latest Saki chapter (the main manga I mean)

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2012-12-14 at 21:34.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri