AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-10, 23:46   Link #21
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

LOLICON. interesting.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:13   Link #22
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I'm trying to work on Nayuki's story right now and I haven't actually played as much as I thought I would but I've had a lot going on. So I'm not focusing on Makoto yet but anyhow, I'm curious what people think of Makoto? It strikes me as very odd that she would give up both her memories and her life to get revenge on Yuuichi. And it's not some murderous rage. So far she's causing very little real mayhem in his life. Pranks and things really. Is that really something to give up your life for? I dunno, I guess I don't think her story was well written.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:38   Link #23
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
I'm trying to work on Nayuki's story right now and I haven't actually played as much as I thought I would but I've had a lot going on. So I'm not focusing on Makoto yet but anyhow, I'm curious what people think of Makoto? It strikes me as very odd that she would give up both her memories and her life to get revenge on Yuuichi. And it's not some murderous rage. So far she's causing very little real mayhem in his life. Pranks and things really. Is that really something to give up your life for? I dunno, I guess I don't think her story was well written.
Spoiler for Makoto's story:

In the grand scheme of things, Makoto's storyline is the saddest, and the easiest to sympathise with.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-17, 02:20   Link #24
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Spoiler for Makoto's story:
Spoiler for minor correction:

Well, seeing that Makoto got the shafted in the game (as in she got the a tragic ending as the "good" ending), of course she has the saddest storyline. I personally choose Mai's back story in general as the saddest, but what do I know ^_^ .
Old 2006-10-17, 02:58   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, I like Mai's story the most, but at least she got a good end. Mai is my favourite character in Kanon, and I look forward to seeing on how they animate her stuff.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-17, 04:45   Link #26
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
I'm trying to work on Nayuki's story right now and I haven't actually played as much as I thought I would but I've had a lot going on.
I suggest you play Ayu's path first before playing Nayuki's path, as you'll be able to understand Nayuki's character much better if you know the story of Ayu.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 07:35   Link #27
valkyrie1337
無言で

Are you serious? I've played through Nayuki, Makoto and Mai's path a few years back. This could inspire me to play through Ayu's path for more Nayuki-ism, lol! I wonder how Kyoto Animation is going to animate all 5 arcs. Since what Yuuichi does during lunch breaks is rather significant as well.
valkyrie1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 07:43   Link #28
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

This game is so Ayu oriented. Every night it's more "Yume. Yume ni wa owari ga aru." I didn't realize how much the game centered on her before I got it. Ayu was never my favorite character though. Sigh, I guess I just need to just endure it.

As far as Makoto goes I guess I'll withhold judgment till I see her full story. Right now I've only met her and had her try and sneak Konyaku into my room. Otherwise I only know her through the 2002 anime. I still don't think I'll understand it though.
Old 2006-10-17, 09:02   Link #29
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie1337 View Post
Are you serious? I've played through Nayuki, Makoto and Mai's path a few years back. This could inspire me to play through Ayu's path for more Nayuki-ism, lol! I wonder how Kyoto Animation is going to animate all 5 arcs. Since what Yuuichi does during lunch breaks is rather significant as well.
Serious. The game is very Ayu centric and intentionally guides you to her route because they intended the players to finish her story first (or early on) so the players will learn the background for Yuuichi and the whole 7 year thing, and then armed with this information the player can then learn about how this affected Yuuichi and in turn how this greatly affected two girls of the game. Nayuki is one of them and Mai is the other.

It's almost univerisally agreed upon amongst the Japanese Kanon fans that the best way to finish the game is Shiori -> Makoto -> Mai -> Ayu -> Nayuki. It's becase Shiori is the only girl which has no relation to Yuuichi 7 years ago and can be played first and Makoto's story is also fairly independent of the "incident" thus they can be finished first (or last or not at all depending on your personal preference). But both Mai and Nayuki's story happened because of a certain incident in Ayu's story so it's best to know what exactly was that "incident" by playing Ayu's route.
Old 2006-10-18, 01:40   Link #30
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Anyone notice how often uguu (or at the very least ugu) is said in this game? Yuuichi says it, Nayuki says it, Makoto says it, I think Shiori said it too (don't qoute me on that). So far I think Akiko is the only main er . . . main-ish character that hasn't said ugu or uguu. How did Ayu get tagged with this specifically when everyone says it?
Old 2006-10-18, 14:27   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage
How did Ayu get tagged with this specifically when everyone says it?
Bause she says it the most.
Old 2006-10-18, 21:55   Link #32
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Anyone notice how often uguu (or at the very least ugu) is said in this game? Yuuichi says it, Nayuki says it, Makoto says it, I think Shiori said it too (don't qoute me on that). So far I think Akiko is the only main er . . . main-ish character that hasn't said ugu or uguu. How did Ayu get tagged with this specifically when everyone says it?
Nayuki's was "u-nyu" which is different.
Makoto's is "a-uu" which is also different.
Yuuichi only said it once.
Old 2006-10-19, 22:40   Link #33
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Nayuki's was "u-nyu" which is different.
Makoto's is "a-uu" which is also different.
Yuuichi only said it once.
He says it twice in episode 3.
Old 2006-10-19, 23:13   Link #34
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

His two uguu... I will cherish that forever.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 01:34   Link #35
Wrath88
Kissing...

Would you be able to resist teasing Ayu whenever she goes 'uguu'? I wouldn't.
My fave character is Mai, though.

Btw, anyone remembers Yuuichi's discovery of how to wake Nayuki up by asking the right question?
Old 2006-10-20, 09:19   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He says it twice in episode 3.
Just so you know, this is the game talk & not anime. :3
Old 2006-11-11, 13:58   Link #37
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Paging ONE and MOON game vets. I got permission to allow a posting in the Kanon FAQ section regarding general info about the ONE and MOON games since they had cameos and are historically linked to Kanon. Alot of us know nothing about these games. If any of you guys are up to the task, please share your knowledge with us. Thanks in advance.
Old 2006-11-11, 14:31   Link #38
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Wow, i found this subtle um . . . sign? in the game. Trying for subliminal advertising Key? Thought it was kinda funny.

Wow that reminds me of that one EFZ stage with one of the stores named after keys' newest(I think) game "Clannad".

Last edited by Theclow; 2006-12-01 at 06:53. Reason: posted wrong info again!
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 09:53   Link #39
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
nice find...

Found this on a Chinese forum: Metaphors used in Kanon:

Spoiler for metaphors used in Kanon: Ayu arc:

Spoiler for metaphors used in Kanon: Nayuki arc:

Spoiler for metaphors used in Kanon: Makoto arc:

More added as the post starter puts up more...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 09:55   Link #40
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Would you be able to resist teasing Ayu whenever she goes 'uguu'? I wouldn't.
My fave character is Mai, though.

Btw, anyone remembers Yuuichi's discovery of how to wake Nayuki up by asking the right question?
I am glad I wake up early...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, key, romance, visual novel