Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 21:29   Link #81
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well i found french sub. maybe someone french can translate it
Sadly, my French is next to non-existant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Other shows are being streamed online and also being ripped online so why not do this?

I've been waiting for this since I saw the characters. Some shows are being over subbed but this one was left out...

The pv is also likable and I'm sure it will be fun to watch but still I'm holding back on watching the raw.
Yes, it's ridiculous... Several series are massively oversubbed, e.g. Sword Art Online has 8 groups doing it, KoiChoco also has 8 groups, Dakara Boku wa has 6, and so on.
On the other hand side, good stuff like this has no one subbing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Almost no group picks up mid-season.
Nonsense. It's not even remotely close to mid-season, it just started one week later than most other shows.
(Besides, groups really picking up stuff mid-season isn't that rare.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
References, ecchi, trap, stars and Seitokai no Ichizon chara design what's not to like?
Exactly, all the more strange no one picks it up.
Old 2012-07-17, 21:32   Link #82
novalysis

It's quite strange, mind you - Joshirauki, an ultra-nationalistic niche anime with many Japanese Centric references and a certain degree of unrelatability for non-Japanse got subbed, while Ebiten which presses so many popular buttons is not. Hmm, most unpopular anime of the season?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:36   Link #83
whx_epic

The 1st episode is way way exceeded my expectation (which is already quite high). It is really a shame no sub with 720p for this.
The majority of fans those days has really strange taste. I mean, seriously, a purely fanservice show with overused protagonist archetype like Dakara Boku has 6 fansubbers??
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:37   Link #84
whitecloud

i found a sub for it by a group called staircase...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:38   Link #85
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whx_epic View Post
The 1st episode is way way exceeded my expectation (which is already quite high). It is really a shame no sub with 720p for this.
The majority of fans those days has really strange taste. I mean, seriously, a purely fanservice show with overused protagonist archetype like Dakara Boku has 6 fansubbers??
Edit: Subs are out, probably as soon as I hit the sent button. Talk about timing!
Old 2012-07-17, 21:39   Link #86
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Staircase subs picked up ebiten. They only subbed r-18 and VN's so far.....

Last edited by SolarAquarion; 2012-07-17 at 22:12.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:46   Link #87
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Spoiler for Episode thoughts:
Old 2012-07-17, 21:49   Link #88
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Staircase subs picked up ebiten. They only subbed r-16 and VN's so far.....
You mean, "They only subbed R18 so far."
Glad to see that someone picked it up finally, even though they said they don't know when the next episode comes out, or if they'll continue it at all...
Old 2012-07-17, 22:12   Link #89
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
You mean, "They only subbed R18 so far."
Glad to see that someone picked it up finally, even though they said they don't know when the next episode comes out, or if they'll continue it at all...
Hopefully, they continue to sub it...
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:27   Link #90
novalysis

It's quite a comical introduction, to say the least...
Old 2012-07-17, 22:33   Link #91
Enternal

Ooh so Staircase picked it up? They seem to do a pretty good so far so I'm looking forward to it.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:40   Link #92
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Licensed shows are not technically subbed, the only one I know to be subbed is Jinrui wa Suitai shimashita and there are very good reasons to do so. Of the few others Love Chocolate (7?! groups), Ugly Hypochondriacs (2 groups), Which one is my Incesteous Sister (2 groups).

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's quite strange, mind you - Joshirauki, an ultra-nationalistic niche anime with many Japanese Centric references and a certain degree of unrelatability for non-Japanse got subbed, while Ebiten which presses so many popular buttons is not. Hmm, most unpopular anime of the season?
Eh!? They made one joke about politics which included the some territories disputed with Russia, that doesn't make the whole anime ultra-nationalistic.

Otherwise, I agree that Joshiraku and Jinrui are very hard to follow for viewers unfamiliar with the country, its cultre and sub-cultures. Definitely, very hard to localize, but the amateur working on Joshiraku did a pretty good job, while the pro(s) working on Jinrui reminded me of the glorious '80s.

Quote:
Staircase subs picked up ebiten. They only subbed r-18 and VN's so far.....
Cool, because they will be familiar with the terms used, and avoid the confusion some caused in other anime.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:48   Link #93
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i want to confirm something thought.

do they changed Itsuki Noya gender?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:05   Link #94
whx_epic

Spoiler for spoiler for episode 1:
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:07   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2012-07-18, 01:33   Link #96
Johnny
Working the bags...

When I seen the anime poster at first glance and not the name I thought it was another season of Seitokai no Ichizon. Sadly, I was mistaken and well it is what it is...

Not sure if they switched genders? I wouldn't be so sure they did since the character couldn't get a word in edgewise to dispute things. If they did keep him a guy they need to work on it more since Kouta from Kanokon looks like a manly stud compared to him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:37   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:54   Link #98
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i want to confirm something thought.

do they changed Itsuki Noya gender?
Either that, or he's a cross-dresser.

I liked this episode, despite the severely low quality. Definitely reminiscent of SnI and it pretty much hit all the right buttons for me: parody, comedy, ecchi, astronomy.

But the subs are a bit vague on one thing: the club is supposedly called the Astronomical Club, not the Astronomy Club. And the episode itself makes it a bit unclear of what exactly it is.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:34   Link #99
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is a kind of humour that I love, but many others don't even see as humour. The parodies were just window-dressing, for me. The main thing was the absurd humour throughout. Kind of like Monty Python. People are shown being silly and self-important, but proceeding with a dry confidence that is hilarious, to me.

It's an absurd world. For instance, the way Itsuki simply ignores all the beatings and sexual harassment around him, and accepts a cup of tea. If I wanted to be serious, I'd say he represents us, blithely accepting the horrors that surround us.

This kind of humour involves setting expectations and then violating them in dangerous ways that provoke laughter. To me, the whole thing conveys a feeling of compassion for human faults, and acceptance of the chaotic nature of the world. This is my kind of funny, exactly in the tradition of Ichigo Mashimaro and Seitokai no Ichizon.

I enjoyed the fanservice (and the fourth-wall-breaking when they talked about it), but a part of the viewership who might like this kind of humour, may have found the rich tapestry of fetishes off-putting. And those who might like the fetishes maybe don't like the humour. On 2channel, there are people making fun of the show, and others who say it is "funny." There seems to be more enthusiasm among the nay-sayers.

This could be the only episode I like. We'll see. But I liked it quite a bit.

The voices were interesting, too. Asumi Kana was just different enough from her Nyaruko, and did some strong work. Ise Mariya as Itsuki seemed to me to hit the right notes. New voice Nishi Asuka was fairly good, with one terrific squelchy expostulation as her character hit the floor (I think when she was being tied up). Nazuka Kaori was beyond ridiculous as the teacher. Great comedy. As the club vp, Satou Satomi plays a different kind of ojousama from her Eru in Hyouka. And it was cool to hear Tsukimiya Midori (Eucliwood Hellscythe in Zombie Desu ka?) as the wonderful soft-spoken student council president, who issued harsh commands that were easily batted aside by the club vp. More expectations violated.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but one more thing: I thought the English subs were terrific. Great inspiration to call it the Asstronomy Club. Astronomy in Japanese is tenmon. They substitute a different character for the "mon" that means worry or suffering, but is apparently some kind of code word from yaoi manga.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:49   Link #100
Xacual

Itsuki is quite a high level trap, so cute and small, I wonder when/if the girls will figure it out. So far the Vice Pres and President stand out the most, but the Yaoi fangirl got a lot of amusing scenes too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, seinen