Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-10, 20:21   Link #1741
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Some new scans, thanks to Miss Skyless and LiveJournal

Spoiler for scans text:

Don't forget to not jump the gun if you can understand those scans, we saw how it can turn when it happens (I'm talking about that little poem that I posted till Koshimizu shows up to explain what it was)

I will also send a PM to koshimizu about that. Anyway, if somebody feels like translating them, thanks in advance.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:23   Link #1742
lovecakecookies

I wonder if those are from the novel from the newtype scans? it looks like a short story
Old 2008-10-10, 21:07   Link #1743
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Spoiler for scans text:

Don't forget to not jump the gun if you can understand those scans, we saw how it can turn when it happens (I'm talking about that little poem that I posted till Koshimizu shows up to explain what it was)

I will also send a PM to koshimizu about that. Anyway, if somebody feels like translating them, thanks in advance.

Thank you Narona... IŽm sure this will help a lot... Hope Miss Koshimizu sees it...
IŽll see tomorrow if thereŽs a translation...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:09   Link #1744
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Thank you Narona... IŽm sure this will help a lot... Hope Miss Koshimizu sees it...
IŽll see tomorrow if thereŽs a translation...
Yup ^^ but maybe she will not have the time, so if she doesn't show up, we will have to wait xD

And don't thank me, skyless gave me the scans, and I can't even read them, I'm useless xD
Old 2008-10-10, 21:31   Link #1745
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
yea but, knowing sunrise im sure we wont have to wait that long, ESPESCIALLY since all the fans in japan(from what ive been hearing) are at war with whether lelouch is alive or dead. They might want to milk it more. All they have to do to reduce the popularity is to put a sequel without lelouch in it. Many people watch code geass simply because of lelouch's character, being so different from many other anime protagonists. We have grown accustomed to angsty, idiotic leads that a smart and cool protagonist seems like new ground. So if sunrise were to put a sequel without lelouch in it, this implies----------> lelouch is dead. Watch the posts on animesuki and 2ch drop like a rock if that happens. Of course, they put enough loose ends in the ending to actually give a GOOD reason why lelouch may be alive. So just as easily as they can kill him, they can bring him back alive too( it wont be like Mu-La-Flaga cause even we can see that there are some factors that work torwards him being alive, with Mu-La-Flaga, it was pushed upon us and it totally destroyed his character).
How did Mu La Flaga coming back destroy his character? He was the same before his mech was destroyed once he got away from the Earth Alliance. The problem with Mu coming back was that it made no sense since no excuse was given.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:03   Link #1746
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
How did Mu La Flaga coming back destroy his character? He was the same before his mech was destroyed once he got away from the Earth Alliance. The problem with Mu coming back was that it made no sense since no excuse was given.
Well, there was an excuse. It was just retroactively put in place by removing his helmet floating in space in the last episode of GS. He was 'recovered' by LOGOS and had his memory screwed w/. Basically, one of the oldest 'he-back-from-the-dead-but-as-a-bad-guy' scenarios ever conceived. It was weak and it was crap, but it wasn't even close to the worst thing that was wrong w/ GSD.
Old 2008-10-10, 23:02   Link #1747
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:

Spoiler for scans text:

In livejournal: http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1057675.html
Just a vague summary for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defade
First one (note: the pages with Charles and Lelouch's faces) seems to be from the novels...a conversation between CC and Charles in the upper one, some harmless teasing in the lower one. Nothing of interest.

Third one (note: second pic from Narona's post) is really ambigious...features CC and a certain someone's conversation from 20 years ago...and I have no idea when the conversation actually takes place. That unknown person apologizes for not being able to save CC, and CC just brushes it off, saying there's no need to apologize. CC then says the unknown should protect "that man", because he cannot save anyone except for the unknown. Then CC bids the unknown farewell(name is blocked out), and says that she is greatful that the unknown's potential is low(Geass potential, I assume). Then CC admits that she loved that person, and the unknown says that he loves CC back.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 23:08   Link #1748
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Thank you! That story is weird though O_o

That man = Lelouch? edit: no it can't be, lelouch is only 18

The unknown = no idea.........................
Old 2008-10-10, 23:33   Link #1749
Dhang
Blas.

Quote:

Spoiler for scans text:

The first two scans are old stuff, I think. See here.

Not sure about the third but I have read that somewhere before on a Chinese forum.

Quote:
Thank you! That story is weird though O_o

That man = Lelouch? edit: no it can't be, lelouch is only 18

The unknown = no idea.........................
I remember a Chinese said that the unknown is Marianne and the man is Charles.
Dhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 23:49   Link #1750
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhang View Post
The first two scans are old stuff, I think. See here.

Not sure about the third but I have read that somewhere before on a Chinese forum.

I remember a Chinese said that the unknown is Marianne and the man is Charles.
That's kind of odd. In that third image this 'person' says, "aishite". Why would Marianne use that word for C.C.? Let alone why C.C. would tell Marianne that.
I would think Mao would use that term easily, but I doubt that even more. How could Mao save anyone? Not to mention who would need saving. Whoever it is they have 'low Geass affinity'.
Old 2008-10-11, 00:01   Link #1751
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
some interesting stuff.. maybe it was the man C.C was talking about in her dreams in episode 11 R1.. the one she was telling to say her name again?

Are these stories canon? does anyone know?
Old 2008-10-11, 00:22   Link #1752
Asleep

I am more interested in finding out where these scans came from.

Edit: So the first scan is from the novels? What about the second one?
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:24   Link #1753
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I am more interested in finding out where these scans came from.
I think they are side stories.. I don't know if they are canon..
They are interesting nonetheless..
Old 2008-10-11, 00:29   Link #1754
Dhang
Blas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That's kind of odd. In that third image this 'person' says, "aishite". Why would Marianne use that word for C.C.? Let alone why C.C. would tell Marianne that.
I would think Mao would use that term easily, but I doubt that even more. How could Mao save anyone? Not to mention who would need saving. Whoever it is they have 'low Geass affinity'.
I don't think it's weird for Marianne to say 'I love you' to C.C since she loved to toy around with C.C. To me, they shared a 'special' bond, in a more sisterly or motherly way. Assuming that the side story was written/released before Turn 20, the name of the unknown was blocked out probably because they didn't want to risk telling people that Marianne had geass. That's my opinion.

Last edited by Dhang; 2008-10-11 at 02:01.
Dhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:29   Link #1755
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I think they are side stories.. I don't know if they are canon..
They are interesting nonetheless..
From where though? The novels?
Edit: I want to know it they are canon too...

Used Can got it translated in the C.C. thread. I'm posting it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Her smile disappeared into a serious face. Normally she doesn't show *sentence got cut*
"Sorry C.C., I didn't save you."
"There's no reason for you to apologise."
C.C. smiled and caressed her hair.
"The person you should be protecting is that man. Perhaps, that man *blurry* did not let anyone save ---" *that line is cut off*
"Yeah but..."
"Farewell. XXXX. The thing about your (kanji... dunno what it is sorry >< seems like "inheritance?") was close to nil.. from the bottom of my heart, I ---" *cut off again*
"C.C..."
"I loved you."
"I loved you too. Farewell, C.C..."
That was already 20 years ago...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:10   Link #1756
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
From where though? The novels?
Edit: I want to know it they are canon too...

Used Can got it translated in the C.C. thread. I'm posting it here

Quote:
I asked a friend of mine to translate this. However, the pic is too blurry, and there are parts were things get cut.

Her smile disappeared into a serious face. Normally she doesn't show *sentence got cut*
"Sorry C.C., I didn't save you."
"There's no reason for you to apologise."
C.C. smiled and caressed her hair.
"The person you should be protecting is that man. Perhaps, that man *blurry* did not let anyone save ---" *that line is cut off*
"Yeah but..."
"Farewell. XXXX. The thing about your (kanji... dunno what it is sorry >< seems like "inheritance?") was close to nil.. from the bottom of my heart, I ---" *cut off again*
"C.C..."
"I loved you."
"I loved you too. Farewell, C.C..."
That was already 20 years ago...
That line there interests me. When it says, "C.C. smiled and caressed her hair."; does that mean C.C.'s own hair or the hair of this person C.C. is talking with?

I noticed that in the section there are five Xs to mark the name of this unknown person. I don't know if this means anything solid, but both Marianne and Lelouch's names consist of five characters. In Lelouch's case I am including the dash that signifies extending the vowel sound.

The fact the name is blocked off by Xs really makes me curious. Why block out the name? Unless this is from the first series information. Back when it was unclear who C.C. was taking with.
That's confusing as well. If that line I highlighted means C.C. strokes the hair of the person she's talking with. That would mean they are face to face.
I guess this could be Marianne. They did know each other 20 years ago. Still seems odd. Why would C.C. tell Marianne 'aishitei'?

Hard to tell how canon this is until we know where the source of this picture is from.
Old 2008-10-11, 01:14   Link #1757
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, there was an excuse. It was just retroactively put in place by removing his helmet floating in space in the last episode of GS. He was 'recovered' by LOGOS and had his memory screwed w/. Basically, one of the oldest 'he-back-from-the-dead-but-as-a-bad-guy' scenarios ever conceived. It was weak and it was crap, but it wasn't even close to the worst thing that was wrong w/ GSD.
I mean no plausible excuse.

Here's a question

How inbred is the Britannian royal family?

I am just wondering if the problems with them is supposed to be due to inbreeding like the Targaryen line in Song of Fire and Ice, or the Hapsburg family in real life.

Obviously no one is sporting something like the Hapsburg chin, but the fact that a good portion of the Britannian royal family seem to be nuts does seem to point to inbreeding.

When you look at it Cornelia was probably the third most sane member of the Britannian royal family behind Euphemia, and Nunnaly.

Schneizel, Charles, and Lelouch did some crazy shit for what they thought was the greater good, and I just wonder if it was inbreeding that caused it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:25   Link #1758
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I mean no plausible excuse.

Here's a question

How inbred is the Britannian royal family?

I am just wondering if the problems with them is supposed to be due to inbreeding like the Targaryen line in Song of Fire and Ice, or the Hapsburg family in real life.

Obviously no one is sporting something like the Hapsburg chin, but the fact that a good portion of the Britannian royal family seem to be nuts does seem to point to inbreeding.

When you look at it Cornelia was probably the third most sane member of the Britannian royal family behind Euphemia, and Nunnaly.

Schneizel, Charles, and Lelouch did some crazy shit for what they thought was the greater good, and I just wonder if it was inbreeding that caused it.
I think it's just the environment they grew up in. You don't have to be inbred to do crazy things.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:25   Link #1759
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That's confusing as well. If that line I highlighted means C.C. strokes the hair of the person she's talking with.
The line said she stroked "that girl's" hair.
Old 2008-10-11, 01:28   Link #1760
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
The line said she stroked "that girl's" hair.
Thanks for the clarification.

Here I was thinking my C.C. is bisexual jokes, from my 4komas, were just my own silly ideas.

'aishitei' is a pretty serious term to use. Not really something one just tosses around easily. That might of been one of the main causes why Kallen was robbed of her gum card line.