AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-18, 03:03   Link #81
jfs
Aegisub dev

Spoiler for the manga:

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 03:36   Link #82
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

episode 2 was a little slow but good overall, no complaints.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 04:06   Link #83
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I liked episode 2 a lot.
What I liked the most, Aka's "rejection" at the end, proving she ain't an easy girl at all. That's how I was imagining her, and that's how she is, after all

I also liked the humor of this episode and the little character development as well. Maybe, since an ep. is 10 mins long, too much time was used for the whole commercial/casting part (10 mins formula shows a side of its flaws), since it was obvious that Aka were to get the part (it's spoilered in the Opening too). But still, the overall was really good, and Sakai Kanako's qualities as VA were just great. Yes, I love her , and Aka as welll

Here's also a pretty nice Aka's wallpaper I've found

By the way, I'm also glad that Matsumaru-kun revealed his better side, he seemed an horny jerk on episode 1, while here we got how he actually he cared about Aka. Yes, that "teleport" scene at the end spoiled a bit his image, as well as his ego I guess , but for the sake of the show, it was needed ^^

My guess is that REC will be one of the most pleasurable surprises of 2006 (as for low expectations combined with high results).
Old 2006-02-18, 09:01   Link #84
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Sorry for double post but I didn't feel like merging this one with the previous ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Also, is it me or did the OP change very slightly, I don't remember seeing Aka wearing that dress Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady in the OP before. Maybe I'm just blind.
It's true. In each OP they put 3 Audrey Hepburn's frames.

In episode 1 we had:

---> Roman Holiday

---> Funny Face

---> Breakfast at Tiffany's

In episode 2 there were the same frames of episode 1, just in different order and with a different background (first Breakfast at Tiffany's, second Roman Holiday, third Funny Face).

Episode 3 brought new frames. Especially one I particularly adore from Breakfast at Tiffany's where Audrey Hepburn has her beloved cat lying above her neck. Then another one from the same movie, and then one from My Fair Lady.

---> Breakfast at Tiffany's (Check here)

---> My Fair Lady

----

I've also watched episode 3. Very nice, I'll post some thoughts later.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-02-18 at 09:17.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 11:41   Link #85
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs
Spoiler for the manga:

Why? Do you think we'll have more than one season ?
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 12:03   Link #86
Jcubed
Philosopher Stoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
Why? Do you think we'll have more than one season ?
The manga has enough content for more than one. Another season simply depends on the success of the anime.
Jcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:12   Link #87
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Sorry for double post but I didn't feel like merging this one with the previous ^^

It's true. In each OP they put 3 Audrey Hepburn's frames.

In episode 1 we had:

---> Roman Holiday

---> Funny Face

In episode 2 there were the same frames of episode 1, just in different order and with a different background (first Breakfast at Tiffany's, second Roman Holiday, third Funny Face).

Episode 3 brought new frames. Especially one I particularly adore from Breakfast at Tiffany's where Audrey Hepburn has her beloved cat lying above her neck. Then another one from the same movie, and then one from My Fair Lady.

---> Breakfast at Tiffany's (Check here)

---> My Fair Lady

----

I've also watched episode 3. Very nice, I'll post some thoughts later.
Awesome, i hope they do that with The Children's Hour, and have the manger, or that other girl that would rock..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:55   Link #88
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

I love this show. It's so much better than most of the other shows out this spring. It's been awhile since I've seen an anime that I can't wait to watch week after week. Can anyone comment on how this show is doing in the ratings?
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 20:03   Link #89
Simon
気持ち悪い

I watched the first two episodes last night, and I'm hooked. It's so refreshing to see anime for grown-ups!

Personally I didn't find their sleeping together at all rushed or unnatural - on the contrary, I thought it was a touching example of two adults finding comfort together in an unusual situation. OK, perhaps Matsumaru was being a wee bit opportunistic, but I don't think he "took advantage" of Aka's need for company. What should he have done, walked out on her and said "we mustn't, we'll regret it in the morning"?

(Thinking about it, the only other anime I've seen that treats sex in such a mature way would be Saikano - it's a nice change from panty-shots and giggling innuendo.)

I also liked the slice-of-life detail in ep2 - kind of like Azumanga Daioh for salarymen (This screencap is so going up on the noticeboard at work on Monday!) It's actually quite interesting seeing how a CM audition works - I think the series has the makings of a charming "little anime", like Haibane Renmei or Someday's Dreamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
The DVD boxset for season one is 120 minutes long (9 x ~12.5) and, apparently, it's scheduled to be three seasons long in total (9+9+8+1 OVA).
I wonder if there might be more than 9 episodes in the boxset - Amazon list it as having three discs, and if Google translated the page right then it contains all the broadcast episodes plus some that haven't aired. This seems like an odd thing to do, but ¥5250 per 36-minute disc would seem a bit pricey even by R2 standards. Then again, the "not yet broadcast" bit might just refer to the ED sequence and creditless OP/ED - can any fluent readers clarify things?

And speaking of merchandise, it's great that they're including the CM from the show on the Cheer single. Can't stop listening to OP... Must buy single...

Last edited by Simon; 2006-02-18 at 21:09.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:40   Link #90
_yeah
poseur

Out of insane boredom, I introduce to this thread,

The REC / Audrey Hepburn movie episode title guessing game!

Up until now, every episode of REC has borrowed the title of an Audrey Hepburn movie.

Episode 1 - 第一話 「ローマの休日」 - "Roman Holiday"
Episode 2 - 第二話 「麗しのサブリナ」 - "Sabrina"
Episode 3 - 第三話 「暗くなるまで待って」 - "Wait Until Dark"
Episode 4 - 第四話 「ティファニーで朝食を」 - "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

And thus, with 5 episodes left on the current airing schedule, it is time to hedge your bets! What, dear readers, do YOU think the next five episodes will be titled?! (note: you don't HAVE to guess with movie titles, but... look at the trend up until now!)

Participate by posting a reply in the following format:
Episode 5 - "blah blah"
Episode 6 - "blah blah"
Episode 7 - "blah blah"
Episode 8 - "blah blah"
Episode 9 - "blah blah"

Well then! Have fun guessing! <_<
_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:48   Link #91
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
I wonder if there might be more than 9 episodes in the boxset - Amazon list it as having three discs, and if Google translated the page right then it contains all the broadcast episodes plus some that haven't aired. This seems like an odd thing to do, but ¥5250 per 36-minute disc would seem a bit pricey even by R2 standards. Then again, the "not yet broadcast" bit might just refer to the ED sequence and creditless OP/ED - can any fluent readers clarify things?
Yeah... there was a post on the TBS's REC website BBS where a TBS official appeared to mention that the Boxset would include an extra, un-aired episode (in addition to the ED, which isn't broadcast on TV due to time restraints). So maybe the production plans have changed? Who knows... It'd be nice to get a straight answer, but as others mentioned in this thread, it may depend at least partly on how well the show does in ratings and in stores. We'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:48   Link #92
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
Out of insane boredom, I introduce to this thread,

The REC / Audrey Hepburn movie episode title guessing game!

Up until now, every episode of REC has borrowed the title of an Audrey Hepburn movie.

Episode 1 - 第一話 「ローマの休日」 - "Roman Holiday"
Episode 2 - 第二話 「麗しのサブリナ」 - "Sabrina"
Episode 3 - 第三話 「暗くなるまで待って」 - "Wait Until Dark"
Episode 4 - 第四話 「ティファニーで朝食を」 - "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

And thus, with 5 episodes left on the current airing schedule, it is time to hedge your bets! What, dear readers, do YOU think the next five episodes will be titled?! (note: you don't HAVE to guess with movie titles, but... look at the trend up until now!)

Participate by posting a reply in the following format:
Episode 5 - "blah blah"
Episode 6 - "blah blah"
Episode 7 - "blah blah"
Episode 8 - "blah blah"
Episode 9 - "blah blah"

Well then! Have fun guessing! <_<
My Fair Lady and Funny Face are obvious.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:48   Link #93
wao
OK.

Actually episode 5 and 6's titles have already been released:

Spoiler:

I don't know if they'll keep at the film titles thing the whole way.
Old 2006-02-19, 03:22   Link #94
_yeah
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Actually episode 5 and 6's titles have already been released:

Spoiler:

I don't know if they'll keep at the film titles thing the whole way.
Spoiler:

So, well, we've still got 3 eps to guess at. Get at 'em! >_>
_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 05:16   Link #95
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
Spoiler:

So, well, we've still got 3 eps to guess at. Get at 'em! >_>
awesome i cant wait, i havent read the manga, so my imgination is going to run wild... until this ep is shown
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 11:38   Link #96
Seiryuu

OK, ep. 2 was much more believable. Kind of pathetic, but still believable. Matsumaru made a serious mistake here. Red may have said one time doesn't make them lovers, but even if they were, or even if she'd looked him in the eye and said "let's ****", acting like that was asking to have his head smashed through the wall. She seemed to have a good opinion of him too, and while she probably regretted last night a bit, she couldn't regret it too much, or she wouldn't be so frankly asking to live there a bit longer. He clearly had made some points with her, and he just threw them all away. It seems like one of the requirements for an anime/manga male lead is that he be an absolute imbecile who knows even less about the female mind than real men do.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 17:38   Link #97
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I sort of think about this situation differently. If you're going to live with someone, then certain things are expected unless prior arrangements are made to the otherwise. Now, if the other part of "living together" wasn't in her plans, then she needs to... Hit the road Jack!

(Otherwise, she's just using him as a source of housing with no real commitment whatsoever and preventing him from finding someone else.)
Old 2006-02-19, 18:40   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Deep down She probably does have some kind of feelings towards him.. but maybe she's just to scared to go with them? Ah well.. seven episodes left, plenty of time to see something happen with there so called relationship. ^^
Old 2006-02-20, 03:11   Link #99
AmamiYui

From Megami magazine, Aka can sure turn on the charm.
AmamiYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 23:15   Link #100
Seiryuu

Please remember, this is one day after every spec of Aka's property(aside from a pair of pjs and a pillow) burnt to the ground. She has absolutely nothing, and no money to go looking for a new apartment. In this case, "living together" doesn't fit the bill quite as well as "boarding" at someone's place. While I suppose she should offer eventual monetary compensation for the room and board, it is frankly cruel to expect this girl to give her body as payment, especially when she's merely taking him up on his own, no string attached, offer.
All the same, I do suspect Red was initially expecting an intimate, potentially sexual, relationship. Otherwise, she would have seemed at least somewhat embarrassed asking to stay with him longer. In the end, Matsumaru just ruined his own relatively good chances, and got himself some hefty expenses for the fixing of the wall and probably his teeth.
Oh well, all I really want to know now is the meaning behind the wicked grin in the preview of ep3.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen