AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 08:03   Link #521
tsunade666

wow a railgun ova but no index anime.... great
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 08:05   Link #522
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hmm, so that means that the entire ITEM arc is at stake of being converted into an OVA series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:16   Link #523
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hmm, so that means that the entire ITEM arc is at stake of being converted into an OVA series.

If that's so, then that's something to hear. Even though that still means no weekly doses of "The (Unfortunate) Man" Touma for me... yet.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:19   Link #524
Miraluka
Banned

Here is the pic:
Spoiler:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 15:51   Link #525
tsunade666

what does it say?

I could only see figurine and saten in swimsuit and the usual girls of railgun.
Old 2010-05-25, 23:29   Link #526
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I wonder if the big announcement is an OVA or 2nd season... Or maybe neither?!
But I'm glad JC Staff decided to stick with Railgun instead of the other one. Phew... Then again, Railgun is selling better, after all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 08:38   Link #527
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My wild guess is... it's an announcement for a To Aru Kagaku no Railgun video game for the PS3 & XBox 360, staring Mikoto herself and set in Academy City where she can do any type of quest all over the city just like recent sandbox games like GTA4, inFamous, Prototype, Just Cause 2 and Crackdown.

Yeah, i overestimating too much. But still, a Sandbox To Aru Kagaku no Railgun VG would be nice to hear.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-05-26 at 10:38.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 09:00   Link #528
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By Aiwass, that would be a cool game!
But I'm not seeing it done. Unless the age of sandbox games in Japan arrives, which I think is already starting with the Naruto franchise (I think it's Ninja Storm 3).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 09:21   Link #529
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
My wild guess is... it's an announcement for a To Aru Kagaku no Railgun video game for the PS3 & XBox 360, staring Mikoto herself and set in Academy City where she can do any type of quest all over the city just like recent sandbox games like GTA4, inFamous, Prototype, Just Cause 2 and Crackdown.

Yeah, i overestimating too much. But still, a Sandbox To Aru Kagaku no Railgun VG would be nice hear.
you make me remember RE3: NEMESIS
but instead blue tank-top-ed girl with Shotgun, it's middle aged school-er girl, run amok with Electro-Railgun, beating any thug she see to extract any info about the Sisters project, evade Kuroko LOVE-Ambush, chasing Touma and sometimes face Academy City darkside like G.R.O.U.P or I.T.E.M or S.C.H.O.O.L with Accelerator as Last Boss
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 11:47   Link #530
tsunade666

so, is it about a game release?
Old 2010-05-26, 11:54   Link #531
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm kinda skeptical about it since I didn't see anything like the word ゲーム anywhere there...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 11:56   Link #532
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
so, is it about a game release?
Read my post again. It's just a guess not fact.
Old 2010-05-26, 16:42   Link #533
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I hope it is an OVA and not the 2nd season. I'd like to see 2nd season of Index first as thats when the story starts kicking in -_-
Old 2010-05-29, 01:41   Link #534
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Sadly, no season 2 of index has been announced; for some reason *cough*marimite*cough* yuri became pretty popular the last years so railgun sounds more likely.
Sure, JC Staff could do a second season of Railgun already if they wanted to troll on fans of other series-es they're doing. People still hope for a Hayate season 3 and some for Zero no Tsukaima season 4, plus Index season 2, and JC Staff already announced Shana season 3 quite some time ago.

A Railgun OAV or something like that is more likely. If they honestly do troll on the fans of their other series-es by doing Railgun S2 before their other series-es that ended longer ago (Railgun just ended last month.....), then I'll be disappointed too.
Old 2010-05-29, 11:25   Link #535
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Sure, JC Staff could do a second season of Railgun already if they wanted to troll on fans of other series-es they're doing. People still hope for a Hayate season 3 and some for Zero no Tsukaima season 4, plus Index season 2, and JC Staff already announced Shana season 3 quite some time ago.

A Railgun OAV or something like that is more likely. If they honestly do troll on the fans of their other series-es by doing Railgun S2 before their other series-es that ended longer ago (Railgun just ended last month.....), then I'll be disappointed too.
The studio has absolutely no control over whether Zero no Tsukaima and Hayate get made (which could easily go to other animation production companies; GENCO and Shogakukan obviously have no problem kicking series from team to team) and very little control over Shana/Index.

Shana 3 has never been announced. We know that Geneon intends to do it, but it's going to be coordinated with the progression of the light novels (which are approaching an end). The OVAs are there to tide fans over, so ask Dengeki and Yashichiro Takahashi to hurry up.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 03:00   Link #536
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The studio has absolutely no control over whether Zero no Tsukaima and Hayate get made (which could easily go to other animation production companies; GENCO and Shogakukan obviously have no problem kicking series from team to team) and very little control over Shana/Index.

Shana 3 has never been announced. We know that Geneon intends to do it, but it's going to be coordinated with the progression of the light novels (which are approaching an end). The OVAs are there to tide fans over, so ask Dengeki and Yashichiro Takahashi to hurry up.
So what makes Railgun so special that they can do an S2 of it and not any of the others I listed? It's not like they can't be the ones to make the next season of any of those. They held on to Hayate for 2 seasons and ZnT for 3, so I find it hard to believe they would be barred from working on them any further. Nor do I see any reason why they can't do Index S2. And they obviously have enough "control" to be able to do Shana S3, so why not anything else I listed?

As for Shana S3, it is official. (I never said anything about an airing date) But they, and especially the fans, waited years for it (yes, I know they're working in coordination with the novel's progress), so as I said, it would be trolling on those fans if they suddenly cut Railgun S2 to the front of the line after people have waited years for Shana S3 alone.
Old 2010-05-30, 04:53   Link #537
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
So what makes Railgun so special that they can do an S2 of it and not any of the others I listed? It's not like they can't be the ones to make the next season of any of those. They held on to Hayate for 2 seasons and ZnT for 3, so I find it hard to believe they would be barred from working on them any further. Nor do I see any reason why they can't do Index S2. And they obviously have enough "control" to be able to do Shana S3, so why not anything else I listed?

As for Shana S3, it is official. (I never said anything about an airing date) But they, and especially the fans, waited years for it (yes, I know they're working in coordination with the novel's progress), so as I said, it would be trolling on those fans if they suddenly cut Railgun S2 to the front of the line after people have waited years for Shana S3 alone.
J.C Staff never did Hayate 1, that was SyngerySP so no they didn't hold onto Hayate for 2 seasons.

Shana S2 had a lot of filler in it and the light novels are approaching the end anyway from the sounds of things, have patience, the OVAs are to tide fans over anyway. At least Shana fans get something to tide them over, think of FMP fans...

Railgun sold twice as well as Index did and Index outsold Hayate 2, Shana 1 & 2 and all 3 seasons of ZnT. Railgun was full of filler too so they could easily do another season of that and/or wait for the manga arc to finish. Though whether they ever animate that arc is another thing considering they didn't touch upon anything shown in Index.

When something sells as good as Railgun you're silly not to go back to it. Has J.C Staff had another title sell as good inbetween Railgun and AD? Anyway we're getting offtopic.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 05:09   Link #538
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
J.C Staff never did Hayate 1, that was SyngerySP so no they didn't hold onto Hayate for 2 seasons.
Ah, my bad. Either way though, they held onto ZnT for three seasons and Shana for 2, as well as numerous Shana-productions. (a movie, OAVs, etc.)

Quote:
When something sells as good as Railgun you're silly not to go back to it. Has J.C Staff had another title sell as good inbetween Railgun and AD? Anyway we're getting offtopic.
I never said they shouldn't go back to Railgun. I said Shana fans have been waiting way longer for S3 than Railgun fans for S2, so Shana should be the priority. Railgun S1 just ended last month. It's not like the world is coming to an end, so unless JC Staff is too big a fan of the movie 2012, they can always do Railgun S2 later.

And I am an FMP fan waiting for more FMP anime, too.
Old 2010-05-30, 05:24   Link #539
TJR

Quote:
I never said Railgun was special.

Simply put, the studio doesn't own the rights to any of those franchises, so they don't decide. In the case of Shana and Index/Railgun, Geneon and Ascii Media Works (copyright holder) are at the top of the chain, so they ultimately coordinate what gets produced and when.

And yes, there's a distinction between between Shana/Index/Railgun and Hayate/Tsukaima. Regarding the former, J.C.STAFF is one of several equity partners, which is important because a studio in that position often secures options on sequels. They still have little control over the timing of a release, but the arrangement at least guarantees that they'll be involved with future productions (studio changes remain possible, but that requires approval from all involved parties, including the original studio), not to mention a share of the profits.

As for Hayate and Tsukaima, J.C.STAFF has zippo rights. No equity partnership means no say on sequels, so they can't just up and decide that they're the ones to do them.

First season of Hayate was produced by SynergySP.

Genco doesn't seem opposed to kicking sequels all over the place (Ikkitousen, Genshiken) either, so hiring another team for Tsukaima isn't impossible. However, there are likely other reasons why they haven't done Season 4 yet, such as sales and perceived demand.

Adaptation methodology also says a lot about the long-term plans (or lack thereof) for a series.

Quote:
Shana 3 hasn't been announced. It's one thing to informally discuss plans for the future and another to make an official product announcement (and to reemphasize once more, it was a Geneon producer who discussed these plans to address the lengthy gap between seasons. Also, the intention wasn't to confirm Season 3 but to announce a stopgap and explain that fans would have to wait for the finale). What they announced and subsequently produced was Shana S.

As for timing, the fanboys can bitch all they want. If the conclusion to Franchise A isn't ready to be produced, it isn't ready. In the meantime, no one's going to avoid developing Franchise B or C just because it seems "unfair". Likewise, stopping work on them doesn't mean a Franchise A sequel will come any faster, especially if the source is the main factor influencing timing.

Anyway, not saying that Shana 3 won't come soon.....just that the overarching plan for a property is the driving force behind any decision.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 06:17   Link #540
Avegaille

So, has anyone seen the second Railgun MMR yet?

(I watched it but I would need Japanese language to get whatever joke they would be pulling out)
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen