AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 15:34   Link #301
warita
Dai-Youkai

I posted this in the anime figurine thread, but I thought I might just as well here:

Isnt it cute?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 21:42   Link #302
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I posted this in the anime figurine thread, but I thought I might just as well here:

Isnt it cute?
Yeah that's an older figurine, wish it wasn't so expensive online. ;-;

Merchandise I haven't seen anywhere before, anyone need a new umbrella?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:25   Link #303
Theowne
耳をすませば

Having just finished the final episode, I thought I would chime in a comment or two. The moment where Natsume simply breaks down in tears towards the end of the finale was very moving, particularly as this sort of display of emotion about his own misfortunes was something he never did as an adult (well, teenager). In the standard Natsume style of storytelling, the moment is presented and concluded without lingering on it for the sake of sentimentality. Very affecting.

I still thirst for deeper coverage of Reiko. I hope (and assume) there is something great planned for the finale of this entire story in that regard. I'm tempted to start reading the manga. The voice work and music is so engrained in my head that I don't think I will be missing out too much.

And as I cannot stop saying, the fact that this anime/manga has found commercial success is a wonderful fact that I just can't stop praising. I can't think of many better influences towards a younger generation than Natsume Yuujinchou and the messages and themes it communicates.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:23   Link #304
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

watched first season, this anime is so good ,never thought that there could be a slice of life anime with supernatural things in it,
it's very unique, unlike other supernatural animes with action and other typical stuff in it

definately going to watch next seasons
Old 2012-07-04, 12:46   Link #305
Kirarakim

For Natsume fans there is an international fan campaign going on to show support for the series and hopefully encourage a season 5

http://www.natsumenoyuujin.net/gonatsume/

Also for those who might have missed it here is the beautiful set of the first two seasons from NISA due in October (DVD Only though).

http://nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=ap&aid=natsume
Old 2012-07-04, 13:12   Link #306
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really don't understand why there wouldn't be a fifth season, unless the mangaka and Takahiro have simply decided they don't want to do it. The series has been amazingly consistent and more important, consistently good when it comes to sales. It's averaged about 9300, which for a 4th season is excellent and certainly profitable for all concerned. Why wouldn't you want to finish the adaptation when Midorikawa finishes the manga?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 13:52   Link #307
Kirarakim

I don't think a 5th season is guaranteed based on the director saying there was no plans but I also don't think it is out of the question either. I am hoping for one but I am collecting the manga as well just in case.

At first I always preferred the anime to the manga but now I love them both pretty much equally.

But the fan campaign isn't just to get a 5th season but to show how many fans around the world love the series. I think it's a nice gesture.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:01   Link #308
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

the series is great in it's self to have already made upto 4 seasons, one more season will just add more to the greatness of the series, there shouldn't be a reason for not having a 5th season if the makers are planning on it
Old 2012-07-24, 17:18   Link #309
Kirarakim

Natsume Yuujinchou will again be the featured set of prizes for Ichiban Kuji in September.

Some nice prizes too, another Natsume figure and a Madara this time. Plus a Reiko plush and a few other fun things.

http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/414
Old 2013-01-12, 03:46   Link #310
ginger02

Kinda sad there won't be a season 5 =(
I still need to go back and watch the first couple seasons though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 19:34   Link #311
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New original Natsume OVA on the way:

Kogitsune story, please.
Old 2013-05-25, 09:52   Link #312
Yume Hanabi

Oooh, I can't wait<3

Hope there's Taki and Tanuma in it =D
Old 2013-05-25, 16:26   Link #313
Kirarakim

I am hoping they are doing an anime only story because they plan to animate more of the manga in the future (wishful thinking).

But very excited for this. More Natsume is always a good thing.
Old 2013-05-25, 18:45   Link #314
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I never really understood the assumption that Brains Base was done adapting. The series continues to sell very well with every season - why wouldn't you want to make money when you're virtually guaranteed to do so, and the manga is ongoing? Unless Takahiro Omori is just tired of the property and wants to move on, it doesn't make sense.
Old 2013-05-25, 19:49   Link #315
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I never really understood the assumption that Brains Base was done adapting. The series continues to sell very well with every season - why wouldn't you want to make money when you're virtually guaranteed to do so, and the manga is ongoing? Unless Takahiro Omori is just tired of the property and wants to move on, it doesn't make sense.
Well a lot of series sell well that don't get continuations.....so that's not necessarily a guarantee.

I don't think it is up to Omori but up to Brains Base. He said there were no plans
for more at this time and in then last season there was "the end" which I don't believe was shown at any other time.

Of course I am not saying there isn't going to be another season and I am still hoping for one but I don't think there is a 100% guarantee. This is why I am reading the manga. Although I am sorry it took me this long to read it; made me love the series even more if that was possible.

The good thing is there is still tons of merchandise coming out for Natsume. Every other time you look Banpresto is offering prizes for it. And they are doing quite a bit to celebrate it's 10th anniversary in Japan.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-05-25 at 20:03.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 19:10   Link #316
Kirarakim

Another OVA has been announced

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...al-video-anime
Old 2013-09-28, 13:55   Link #317
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well that's definitely something to look forward to. More Natsume is good by me .
Old 2013-12-09, 20:00   Link #318
Kirarakim

Although we get the new OVA's the bad news is the manga will be reduced from 12 to 6 chapters per year.
Old 2013-12-18, 00:21   Link #319
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Just finished this series… Been steadily watching Natsume Yuujinchou since September, so I'm definitely going to miss it.

The finale was heart wrenching. The scenes where he called out to his father as a child and his final cry on the porch were particularly poignant. I really felt like the portrayal of his childhood, the simple, naive, but completely lost situation he was in, was completely perfect and thus heartbreaking…
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 00:40   Link #320
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yes indeed. A very good series! If you have not checked the manga yet you may consider picking it up.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo