AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 23.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-26, 23:24   Link #2661
Zoks

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I'm saying that the starting point for their relationship is such that any more development would simply solidify them as a pair. The fact that Tatsuya still considers her as a sister is the only thing stopping it.
In your original point you didn't think Tatsuya's and Miyuki's relationship was developed enough for some to consider their separation tragic. So my point was that they were naturally written as being that close from the get go (acting like a married couple in private life and in public).
So the fact remains that they've acted overly close with each other for 14 volumes now.

Enabling her to like him? Not sure if that's how I'd describe it but nonetheless the reason Tatsuya felt guilt over the gift in the first place was because he knew it was giving her false hope and he then regrets it afterwards. It's unlikely that the motivation was anything out of the ordinary, the reason was "in order to postpone the inevitable" but as to why Tatsuya wanted to do that maybe that's his (in this case) irresponsible way of being considerate of Honoka. Humans, even Tatsuya do not always go for the 'correct' choice, despite knowing better. The rest of his actions around Honoka can be perfectly explained by his agreement to let Honoka like him until she's able to move on.
Tatsuya is and always has been perfectly capable of liking people, he just generally hasn't had an opportunity to do so. People seem to misunderstand this a lot on these forums.

I don't really see Pixie as any sort of evidence. Even if it was an actual human.

P.S, you misquoted me? What --> Who.

No, not quite like a lot of siblings do, it actually doesn't seem anything like that. But the statement was referring to earlier context so discussing it in isolation is fairly irrelevant.
Did I misquote you? I knew I did something, I was on my phone at the time and I couldn't figure out what, but I didn't feel like rewriting my post.

The point of what I was saying is that there is no lost development, and if one of the two somehow ends up with somebody else, it doesn't mean their dynamic would change much, as Tatsuya is still prone to spoil Miyuki regardless if she ends up with someone else or if he does. So it really isn't a loss of a non-existent development or of the scenes we have seen in these fourteen volumes. I am aware Tatsuya can like people, I'm saying his behavior isn't that of somebody who would prefer the girl who likes him in futility to move on. It's obvious Honoka is not going to be motivated on her own to stop liking Tatsuya, especially considering Tatsuya gives her tons of attention that can be interpreted as possible hope for the future. From my perspective, he allows it because he doesn't see himself ever involving himself in a relationship with anyone, so it doesn't matter if she clings to him like that, since he isn't really hurting anyone in the short term. It's a blow to anyone who argues Tatsuya is most likely going to end up with a particular character in a romantic relationship, because he himself does not even subconsciously consider anybody else as a potential partner.

The argument that Tatsuya and Miyuki are going to end up together because they have been shown together the most doesn't hold much water, as there is a difference between being shown together as brother and sister with no development in a different direction (as seen here) and between siblings where the brother claims he only sees a girl as his sister but in fact does have development to a potential romantic end (No Game No Life would be a case of this.)
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 09:59   Link #2662
fujin of shadows

Okay, can we step away from Steeple Chase because it seems that it has devolved into a glorified Shipping War....
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 12:37   Link #2663
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

But in the previous NSC, the threat was before his eyes. Plus everybody was not involved in Kudou ploy, the threat of the Parasidolls was not imminent since he was facing them himself, Miyuki was not in direct danger, she would have been injured for sure if it was the Golden Silkworm magic though. It's also impossible for him alone to beat the whole clan, he said that he fears Retsu has an opponent too.
He was concerned that the students will catch up to where he was fighting the P-dolls and that puts Miyuki in more danger if she gets caught up in the cross hairs.The Golden silkworms in no problem since he already has a idea that the CADS were being tampered with and was already ready before Miyuki's games were to start.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:59   Link #2664
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to argue. The premise is Tatsuya is nice to Miyuki because she is his sister, and due to his mother's tinkering he is naturally predisposed to be fond of her. That does not mean it will turn romantic. Honoka on the other hand is not. He is stringing her along because he did not agree to return her affection, yet he buys her gifts and keeps her company despite knowing it makes Miyuki jealous. There is one thing about allowing her to like him. It's a different story if he enables it. Want proof? Pixie has the exact same feelings, but he doesn't give her any acknowledgement on the manner.
Pixie isn't even human. You can't compare the treatment of human and non-human entities, it's likely very different. We don't know exactly how Tatsuya views Pixie but from his treatment of pixie so far it appears he only views pixie as a useful tool. Also it was mentioned that Miyuki was the one that picked out Honokas present for her and that Tatsuya decided to do so using pure logic, not some emotional affection

"To tell the truth, the hair ornament he'd given Honoka had been chosen by Miyuki.

If that was all it was, he would let it go as "the end justifies the means." It wouldn't change the fact that it was a 'present from Tatsuya', and it was definitely not necessary to disappoint Honoka.

However, the reason for preparing the present was not such an innocent one as that.

Tatsuya could comprehend just how thoroughly the gift he gave in thanks for the chocolate she gave him had unfortunately inundated her consciousness. The matter of giving and receiving Valentine's chocolate naturally invokes the images of 'feelings' being exchanged, of the relationship of two people being bound by a 'promise'; it is truly completely to be expected that such things would float to the surface of her mind.

That was the reason he prepared a return gift on this day; Honoka's reactions completely met Tatsuya's calculations.

Tatsuya had trifled with Honoka's affections. "
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 18:25   Link #2665
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Pixie isn't even human. You can't compare the treatment of human and non-human entities, it's likely very different. We don't know exactly how Tatsuya views Pixie but from his treatment of pixie so far it appears he only views pixie as a useful tool. Also it was mentioned that Miyuki was the one that picked out Honokas present for her and that Tatsuya decided to do so using pure logic, not some emotional affection

"To tell the truth, the hair ornament he'd given Honoka had been chosen by Miyuki.

If that was all it was, he would let it go as "the end justifies the means." It wouldn't change the fact that it was a 'present from Tatsuya', and it was definitely not necessary to disappoint Honoka.

However, the reason for preparing the present was not such an innocent one as that.

Tatsuya could comprehend just how thoroughly the gift he gave in thanks for the chocolate she gave him had unfortunately inundated her consciousness. The matter of giving and receiving Valentine's chocolate naturally invokes the images of 'feelings' being exchanged, of the relationship of two people being bound by a 'promise'; it is truly completely to be expected that such things would float to the surface of her mind.

That was the reason he prepared a return gift on this day; Honoka's reactions completely met Tatsuya's calculations.

Tatsuya had trifled with Honoka's affections. "
We can compare her treatment because she's still a living entity. Furthermore, she's sentient develops human mannerisms day by day.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 02:54   Link #2666
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
We can compare her treatment because she's still a living entity. Furthermore, she's sentient develops human mannerisms day by day.
You can only compare their treatment if Tatsuya views her as a human entity and a friend. There's no evidence in the text as far as I remember suggesting Tatsuya views Pixie as a human entity. It doesn't matter how you or I view pixie, for us to compare the two Tatsuya has to view Pixie that way. There's nothing I remember about him viewing Pixie as a human or friend like Honoka. As I mentioned before how Miyuki views people also plays a massive part in Tatsuyas treatment of them, Honoka is viewed in a good light by Miyuki, Pixie has no meaning what so ever to Miyuki. The differences between Pixie and Honoka are countless.... Tatsuya has been constantly using Pixie as a tool/pawn and nothing else.
Old 2014-10-29, 11:37   Link #2667
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
You can only compare their treatment if Tatsuya views her as a human entity and a friend. There's no evidence in the text as far as I remember suggesting Tatsuya views Pixie as a human entity. It doesn't matter how you or I view pixie, for us to compare the two Tatsuya has to view Pixie that way. There's nothing I remember about him viewing Pixie as a human or friend like Honoka. As I mentioned before how Miyuki views people also plays a massive part in Tatsuyas treatment of them, Honoka is viewed in a good light by Miyuki, Pixie has no meaning what so ever to Miyuki. The differences between Pixie and Honoka are countless.... Tatsuya has been constantly using Pixie as a tool/pawn and nothing else.
There is nothing saying he thinks of Pixie as a tool either. If anything then it would be more accurate to say that he sees her as a parasite that helps him.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 12:05   Link #2668
Neo-Illusions

It might be just how Tatsuya is but he's oddly cold and professional when it comes to his interactions with Pixie. It's straight up Q&A so Tatsuya can get more intel from Pixie's senses. Not that Pixie minds at all. Even though Tatsuya has "disabled" emotional expressions from Pixie, he can still tell she's oh-so-happy to be of help to him.

He's definitely softer when it comes to his classmates.
Neo-Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 19:01   Link #2669
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
There is nothing saying he thinks of Pixie as a tool either. If anything then it would be more accurate to say that he sees her as a parasite that helps him.
Then if you believe he views Pixie as a parasite that "Helps him" how can you compare his treatment to Honoka, his human classmate and a parasite? The way in which he would treat a parasite and a human classmate are clearly different. Also there's nothing outright stating he views Pixie as a tool but that is without a doubt what his actions suggest. He has only ever constantly used Pixie to track other parasites and hack the school network, or to interrogate. To the best of my knowledge he has never once had an actual normal day to day conversation with Pixie, ever.
Old 2014-11-18, 16:29   Link #2670
GBFirestorm

Been reading volume 13 again while waiting for volume 14 to be translated and I have to say Miyuki really lost a lot of kudos with me in this one. Anyone else annoyed at her or what is just me?
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 09:42   Link #2671
yellowsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Been reading volume 13 again while waiting for volume 14 to be translated and I have to say Miyuki really lost a lot of kudos with me in this one. Anyone else annoyed at her or what is just me?
I don't mind this development since it'll be entertaining to see how crazy she'll get.
yellowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 13:11   Link #2672
GBFirestorm

Yeah but the whole threatening to seal Tatsuya's powers if she doesn't do as she says is crazy. I mean haven't the Yotsuba taken enough from him. He can't publish any of his work so has to use the alias of Taurus Silver, They stripped him of his emotions to chain him to Miyuki and now she wants to take his powers so he has absolutely nothing left. If it were me I would give her a slap and a dose of reality
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 19:36   Link #2673
Ravagerblade
Magic God Othinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Yeah but the whole threatening to seal Tatsuya's powers if she doesn't do as she says is crazy. I mean haven't the Yotsuba taken enough from him. He can't publish any of his work so has to use the alias of Taurus Silver, They stripped him of his emotions to chain him to Miyuki and now she wants to take his powers so he has absolutely nothing left. If it were me I would give her a slap and a dose of reality
That's Tatsuya for you, the Butt monkey for everybody including his own sister. :/

Tags
magic