AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 23:49   Link #1841
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Uh, not really. The only thing thing Schneizel did after being Geass'd was parade around the streets with skimpy clothing while tied to a cross.
What I meant was Kanon commenting on Schneizel's lack of ambition, and how it led to Lelouch beating him.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 23:51   Link #1842
Vicious108

Oh, yes might've been. But when it was said doesn't really change anything.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 10:58   Link #1843
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Well I'm pretty sure Kanon, who probably knew Schneizel better than anyone else, said on a couple or so different occasions that his "weakness" was that he had no motivation and not a single true thing he cared about in the world.
I think Kanon was merely talking about the "attachment" thingy. Schneizel was shown to have emotions (like shock, when the massacre happened, or affection, when his sibling were concerned). It's just that they are superficial and don't run very deep.

Quote:
Him being nice to Euphie and flattering Cornelia was simply because being on good terms with them was beneficial to his goals.
Didn't seem like that in the Sound Drama, but oh well.
I guess you could also come up with some reason why he would tell Lelouch he'd ask the Emperor to at least spare his life.
Like... he knew Lelouch would escape, and therefore hoped he would suddenly develop a brother complex and help his now favourite big brother take over the world.

Quote:
Cause he didn't really hesitate to shower Cornelia with a gun turret once the occasion arose, now did he?
*points towards the "attachment" and "superficial emotions" thingy*

Quote:
But oh well, you guys are welcome to your own interpretation I guess. I merely go with the one that makes the most sense according to what we're given.
Now why does that sound patronizing to me?
Oh, right! Because we all go with what makes most sense... to us.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:32   Link #1844
Vicious108

It wasn't really patronizing, I merely wished to conclude this discussion, since the interpretation of one's true character is as subjective as it gets. Though I do believe that my reasoning is more directly based on what we actually see going on in the show, while you try to see things underneath, perhaps in order to be able to believe that Schneizel was indeed the character you wish for him to be. But you're right, it's all about what makes the most sense to ourselves, so I'll respect your interpretation and won't try to diminish it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:44   Link #1845
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
It wasn't really patronizing, I merely wished to conclude this discussion, since the interpretation of one's true character is as subjective as it gets. Though I do believe that my reasoning is more directly based on what we actually see going on in the show, while you try to see things underneath, perhaps in order to be able to believe that Schneizel was indeed the character you wish for him to be. But you're right, it's all about what makes the most sense to ourselves, so I'll respect your interpretation and won't try to diminish it.
That's good, then.
Even though I can't think of any reason why I would want Schneizel to be anything in particular - except that some things just wouldn't make sense to me otherwise, and I hate it if something just doesn't add up. Oh, and maybe I prefer more complex, twisted characters.
But really, I don't think I'm that biased. xD
Ah well. It's more interesting if people percept some things completely differently despite not twisting around facts, so I'm happy.
Old 2009-05-02, 05:37   Link #1846
magnum
Lurking Around

Can somebody Clarify this to me?

Quote:
http://www.japanator.com/elephant/post.phtml?pk=9599

Holy Empire of FOX conquers deal for Code Geass live-action film
Is it true or not?
Old 2009-05-02, 10:13   Link #1847
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post

Is it true or not?
Look at the post date, look at the picture, and tell me that it's the least bit serious.
Old 2009-05-02, 11:07   Link #1848
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post

Is it true or not?
OMG House. LOL
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:44   Link #1849
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Would Charles world without lies would have worked out after all? Why wouldn't it work and for what fundamental reason?
Old 2009-05-05, 22:46   Link #1850
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Would Charles world without lies would have worked out after all? Why wouldn't it work and for what fundamental reason?
Aside from a stagnant civilization of zombies with no free will? Nothing, nothing at all.
Old 2009-05-05, 22:52   Link #1851
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Yeah, what morbos said. So yeah, Charles' world without lies would've absorbed all humans into a humongous mass of multiple consciousnesses, NGE style, effectively bringing an end to the world as we know. You should rewatch Turn 21 some time.
Old 2009-05-06, 12:35   Link #1852
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
That would be more of a truth than an excuse, and it would be nothing more than a repitition of the scene at the beginning of episode 7. Only that Lelouch would be older and still act more childish.
A good exuse would be something like: "We didn't want to risk attracting the attention of terrorists" - something logical rather than something emotional and/or something that openly puts the blame on the most powerful man in the world.
"We thought you wanted to be rid of us" might have worked, as well, if Lelouch wanted to pretend to be stupid and extremely naive, and if his father pretended not to notice, but... xD
I'm not sure if Lelouch pretending to be naive will be accepted by Charles but then again, both are skilled liars anyways.
Would have been nice if Lelouch and Nunnally tried fleeing to Alaska or hiding with the Six Houses of Kyoto if they were still on good terms with them.

"We were hiding to avoid the terrorists in Area 11 as well as a number of Britannians that wanted to kill us for sport when our graceful hosts were killed in the invasion."
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:18   Link #1853
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Apologies for not going through 51 pages...

but

Will there be a Season 3?

Lelo and C.C. have to come back!
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:24   Link #1854
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Apologies for not going through 51 pages...

but

Will there be a Season 3?

Lelo and C.C. have to come back!
Currently, there are no definite plans for a sequel or continuation of the Code Geass franchise. There have been some hints by the creators, but nothing for certain.
Old 2009-05-12, 15:33   Link #1855
AutisticOtakuGirl

I have a question about the 2nd season of Code Geass episode 17 which I just watched this past Saturday on adultswim.

Last edited by AutisticOtakuGirl; 2009-05-12 at 15:35. Reason: spoiler for episode 17
AutisticOtakuGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 15:37   Link #1856
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutisticOtakuGirl View Post
I have a question about the 2nd season of Code Geass episode 17 which I just watched this past Saturday on adultswim.
Spoiler:

Spoiler like so. The answer is because he would have looked like he was trying to make light of their deaths.
Old 2009-05-17, 04:15   Link #1857
ClovisLaBritannia
1 of the Four Holy Swords

Question

http://www.marheavenj.net/code_geass...bscap0157.html

ok i recognize 2/3 of the people in this pic:
(Left to Right) Yoshida, Inoue but who is the third person in this pic?
ClovisLaBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 22:34   Link #1858
azul120

When Nina said she thought it was just numbers regarding the death toll of the FLEIJA blast, was she speaking in terms of statistics or actually Numbers?
Old 2009-05-17, 22:40   Link #1859
Nobodyman9
Banned

Hmm, I think she was talking about statistics, since I believe most of the deaths and casualties resulting from the FLEIJA blast were actually Brittanian citizens.
Old 2009-05-17, 22:45   Link #1860
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Hmm, I think she was talking about statistics, since I believe most of the deaths and casualties resulting from the FLEIJA blast were actually Brittanian citizens.
Wouldn't that just be coincidence then?

Tags
q&a