Notices

Old 2009-09-05, 16:46   Link #721
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Like I am back to that Sharapova example - at first I thought she is doing this on purpose to make opponent loose the concentration, specially because she can pull such mind games, yet in the end it was just a bad match where she failed at everything.
While that's usually true, NisiOisiN has two people that can tell him he's making a stupid move, such as his editor and his illustrator. Though I'm probably gathering too much from Bakuman.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 16:55   Link #722
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
While that's usually true, NisiOisiN has two people that can tell him he's making a stupid move, such as his editor and his illustrator. Though I'm probably gathering too much from Bakuman.
Sharapova had the trainer. In fact in the last set she asked for him (thus taking a break) but in the end the advices did not help her a thing.

The point is that advices do not help if you still think you are right or just cannot do the otherway (plot makes you stuck for example). Then trying to pull out of the plot corner you do some other bad decisions that binds you even more and so on and so on. Sometimes you just suck.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 16:56   Link #723
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
No that sounds somewhat right...from reading Death note 13..it seemed Ohba and Obata didn't even interact but im positive the editor has a say in the events of the manga..i think i remember hearing Akira Toriyama wanted second form cell to be the final form but his editor changed that and we got what we saw in the manga..not sure if this is true though.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 16:58   Link #724
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Sharapova had the trainer. In fact in the last set she asked for him (thus taking a break) but in the end the advices did not help her a thing.

The point is that advices do not help if you still think you are right or just cannot do the otherway (plot makes you stuck for example). Then trying to pull out of the plot corner you do some other bad decisions that binds you even more and so on and so on. Sometimes you just suck.
Once again, true but not in this case. If what you're doing isn't working, then simply do the opposite, it is much easier to do this in writing than it is in tennis. Because in tennis, the other player may simply be better. None of the decisions made up until now show signs of him trying to deviate and then falling into a different hole, it's all been the same issue.
Old 2009-09-05, 16:58   Link #725
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Like I said before, it's amusing how much attention this is getting now that it sucks.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 16:59   Link #726
Jourdal

When would you guys say the direction started to turn you off? For me it was when Akune came..since then i haven't liked the direction of this manga..in actuality i would have preferred just them in the council as a duo.
Old 2009-09-05, 17:03   Link #727
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I actually liked Akune, but it was the chapter after he joined the council where I started to dislike the manga...
Old 2009-09-05, 17:03   Link #728
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Like I said before, it's amusing how much attention this is getting now that it sucks.
Well, there is nothing to discuss about manga. I mean even those who think that NisiOisiN has something up his sleeve would probably agree in most cases (with some exceptions) that currently the manga sucks.

Now the argument is not if the manga sucks or not, but more if this sucking is planned or not.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 17:56   Link #729
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
When would you guys say the direction started to turn you off? For me it was when Akune came..since then i haven't liked the direction of this manga..in actuality i would have preferred just them in the council as a duo.
For me, I think it was the dog chapter. I don't know why, but the whole thing just seemed like a pointless filler chapter to me. Akune made his appearance the next arc and it just went downhill from there. Though, I admit, I haven't been a huge fan of Medaka herself from the beginning, due to the way she's been presented since inception. At least the one shot actually made note of her flaws as substantial (ie, she doesn't understand what it's like to lose or suffer), so it gave you sympathy and understanding of the character and a reason for her personality. In the serialization, she comes off as much more arrogant, petty, tyrannical, and manipulative while any humanity or flaws are pushed to the side almost completely in favor of her powers and forcing her "love speeches" on us every week.

Something that amuses me is the way a lot of what's happening coincides with what's going on in Bakuman. I know Bakuman can't be a basis for any real life stuff, however, it's funny how both are on the verge of cancellation, so they both started to go more battle like (though, in Medaka Box, battle means getting your ass handed to you by Medaka in one shot). What's even funnier, though, was when Bakuman showed the mystery author and how his manga wasn't doing well. The editor even mentioned that it may not be Detective Traps fault for poor ratings, but the fact that the famous author can't do a manga properly. Amazing how that seems to be the case with Medaka Box currently. They say that Art imitates Life. It's funny seeing Art imitate Art.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 20:13   Link #730
Jze0
Hmmm...

Wow things are really falling apart here aren't they, its a shame really considering all the potential in the beginning. Well even if thats the case I'm going to tough it out until the end. I still believe a turn around could happen anytime soon.
Old 2009-09-06, 00:02   Link #731
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well, the scan is out now. I would have liked Zen to be a little more perceptive than the rest at least but I guess it's alright... even the author has said it himself, it's Medaka time! Now we just need to find the 5th member and we have the Power Rangers (a version where the Red beats the final boss by herself while Yellow, Blue, Black and Pink eat popcorns)
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:10   Link #732
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

lol...when I got to that "Yay me!" line at the end, I felt like NisiOisiN was mocking me.
Old 2009-09-06, 00:59   Link #733
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Wow things are really falling apart here aren't they, its a shame really considering all the potential in the beginning. Well even if thats the case I'm going to tough it out until the end. I still believe a turn around could happen anytime soon.
I feel the same way Just hoping for some sort of miracle to happen

After reading this chapter, , its just a bunch of nonsense with everyone accepting the nonsense, which overall, is complete nonsense. Looks like Zen isn't a character anymore, he's more like DBZ's Yamcha now, showing up for the sake of showing up but ultimately having no real purpose. Goddess, flawless, and almost struggle-free Medaka is getting really boring, but kudos to those of you who still like it though

Wait my mistake, she isn't flawless, she accidentally went up to the 5th floor instead of the 3rd, therefore wasting some time
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 01:11   Link #734
Dark Mage

Wow! This chapter really took me back. I felt like I was eight again reading a marvel superhero comic. LOL this really is getting way too ridiculous and childish. I really have to take my hats off to the people who still like this manga. Seriously I want Medaka to be at the very bottom of this week's rankings
Old 2009-09-06, 02:10   Link #735
Sol Falling

...lol, fuck. This...I don't even know.

It's not terrible, guys. And I suppose it's consistent with the rest of the series. On the other hand, holy shit that was a pointless 19 pages. There goes 80% of the development I was hoping for. Medaka Box seems taking every possible step to ensure that its story has utterly no meaning or depth at all.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 02:12   Link #736
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Medaka Box seems taking every possible step to ensure that its story has utterly no meaning or depth at all.
This might be the whole point, actually.
Old 2009-09-06, 02:17   Link #737
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Medaka, Medaka,
Does everything no human can.
Kicks some butts, any size,
Pwning villains just like flies.
Look out! Here comes our Medaka.

Is she strong? Listen bud—
She's got Kurokami blood.
Can she fly from a bike?
Take a look overhead.
Hey there! There goes our Medaka.

In the heat of the day,
At the scene of the crime,
Like a streak of light,
She arrives just in time!

Medaka, Medaka,
Friendly girl next door Medaka.
Wealth and fame, she's got them—
Action is her reward.
To her,
Life is to serve requests—
Wherever there's a request,
You'll find our Medaka!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 02:23   Link #738
Jourdal

Epic Mizuno...simply epic..except..Spidermans been divorced dumped...jobless...broke..things Medaka can't relate to
Old 2009-09-06, 02:44   Link #739
Wrath88
Kissing...

So much for the people being able to defend themselves, I thought Medaka would at least have some confidence in thm.
Old 2009-09-06, 02:57   Link #740
Qilin
Romanticist

Hm. I'm disappointed.
After the cliffhanger from last week's chapter, I was expecting some tension in this week's chapter, but what I got was an anticlimax.

My prediction for this week's chapter was totally off. Sadly.

My (failed) prediction:
Medaka somehow trusts the rest of the SC members (Zen, etc.), and they, in turn, somehow manage to defend themselves from their would-be attackers. Medaka then proceeds to take down the violent brat.

Come on Medaka! We already know you're perfect!
Give everyone else a chance please...
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council