AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-11, 13:31   Link #101
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
So, the match between France and Uruguay is starting, anyone still up watching? Great game last match between Mexico and South Africa, Mexico is more dominating overall and has great chance of qualifying, but South Africa played good as well, especially the first part of the second half.

About France vs Uruguay, France is on paper stronger but Uruguay is not to be underestimated either, I expect that if he's on form, Forlan could really wreck havoc on France's defense.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 14:13   Link #102
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Unfortunately, I don't have reception for the match and am not anywhere near a place that is showing it. Have fun though. I'm expecting France to win.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 14:26   Link #103
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

First half update, the score is still a goalless 0-0...Uruguay has had some very good chances but mostly is France that is dominating the match, having more chances and seems more likely to make a goal first. Let's see how the second half goes...
Old 2010-06-11, 14:28   Link #104
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well i m still watching France vs Uruguay Looks like Uruguay is being outmuscled by France's midfield but France really gave away lots of good chance at goal with their long shot.

Probably going to be a 1 - 0 to France unless Uruguay can pull an upset via long ball play.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:22   Link #105
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

hollymolly ... that was one air tight defensive wall those Uruguayans put up lol......
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:25   Link #106
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

0 - 0 for France vs Uruguay. Uruguay puts up a good defense despite being one man down though i felt France gave away their chance to score with their silly long range shooting. Would have been better if Ribeiry spent less time trying to out dribble the defenders and more time practicing his passing XD
Old 2010-06-11, 15:33   Link #107
Blaat

That was boring, neither side deserved to win while Uruguay had the best chance in the game...
Old 2010-06-11, 15:33   Link #108
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Well uhm, at least we didn't lose .

Not really a good match but it could have been worse.

Everything is still possible in this group
Old 2010-06-11, 15:41   Link #109
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

France VS. Uruguay was disappointing. I missed the Mexico VS South Africa game but after watching the recaps, I realized I watched the wrong game.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:46   Link #110
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
I missed the Mexico VS South Africa game
Me too. I overslept and by the time I realized, the game was already over.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:57   Link #111
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Yeah, the first game between Mexico and SA was more interesting than the second one. France controls most of the midfield but their executions were rather poor, and the few times when Uruguay takes back control of the game their attacks proved ineffective as well. Most interesting is perhaps Lodeiro getting himself the first red card in the world cup, and Henry claiming handball at the end of the match was funny.
Old 2010-06-11, 16:24   Link #112
justavisitor

For some reasons, France has a lot of difficulty of scoring ever since the 2002 world cup...

Hope tmr matches will be more exciting...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 17:11   Link #113
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Seeing how much we suck? xD
This coming from a country that didn't even qualify, not makes many appearences in the UEFA tourneys, of which in this case, England are facing against a country that has influenced and shaped some of the laws UK and government indirectly, much to the UK's disapproval? (I am aware that Scotland does have their own lot as well)
But it's a matter of national pride (and a few other things in history) going on here. If Scots truly will be depressed if England beat America, I'd pay to see that. xD
Not going to happen dude. We might not support england, but that doesn't mean we will support every other nation they play against, that is not something we do. If england lose, we laugh and drink a pint, if they win we don't care and drink a pint, and if we beat england in a game, we party and drink a lot ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 17:19   Link #114
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
...and Henry claiming handball at the end of the match was funny.
He did? Who would've thunk?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Is there some opening ceremony? Wouldn't know since ESPN is showing NBA highlights for like the 100th DAMN TIME!!!
Oh yeah, a word out to any who missed it, do try to catch the opening ceremony. It may not have the grandeur of the Beijing Games 2008, but it more than makes up for it with sheer spontaneity. I mean, how can anything beat the sight of Archbishop Desmond Tutu dancing to the music and also the world's biggest dung beetle (I kid you not).

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2010-06-11 at 17:33.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 17:36   Link #115
solomon

Well as a Yank, I'm gonna take a limited approach, until the 16 starts.

I'm interested in South Korea's match (if just for water cooler talk with my pal whos Korean). I like watching the underdog Bahana Bahana.

Oh yea, theres the US UK match too I guess
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 18:31   Link #116
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Oh yea, theres the US v England match too I guess
Fixed.

Anyway, I know at the World Cup we're all supposed to drop our club allegiances, but it was so good seeing Marquez's performance for his national team basically dictate the play by his pinpoint passing. And it was always good to see Abidal and Henry get game time - nicely done by Abidal in the centre of defence; not his usual starting position at club level.

Happy with the quality and entertainment of two games so far.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 18:36   Link #117
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

We threw a great party at the opening matches but unfortunately those matches are not as good as we hoped for as both of them ends with draw. At least South Africa vs Mexico both teams scored a goal each. Unless France defeat South Africa and Mexico, they can get tickets to go home early.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 19:52   Link #118
Sir-Nemesis

Champion's Argentina, Brazil Finalist XD
Old 2010-06-11, 21:53   Link #119
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I really expected Mexico to win, I was kinda of disapointing with the draw, but the fact France and Uruguay draw as well gives me a bit of relief. I think Mexico -vs- France is gonna be a good match

BTW: I liked the dance the africans did when they scored, Was really cool. XD
Old 2010-06-11, 22:04   Link #120
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow...I guess i"m not watching a replay of France v Uruguay. All draws in Group A so far? If South Africa can beat Uruguay, they would be a decent chance to get through.

Tonight's triple header looks tantalising but I'm going to have to pick which ones I watch on the first telecast.

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup