AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 21:31   Link #22361
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I know this is going to happen...but damn, that was depressing >_>;

Well at least there's a chance that Kurumu and Mizore survives that Though I can't say much about Outer Moka..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:41   Link #22362
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I know this is going to happen...but damn, that was depressing >_>;

Well at least there's a chance that Kurumu and Mizore survives that Though I can't say much about Outer Moka..
Mizore and Kurumu will be fine, its Omote's life thats in jeopardy.
Old 2012-05-05, 23:17   Link #22363
Chris38

Well, Akua just dug her own grave, because she destroyed the last memento of Akasha that Moka had.

On the topic of Outer Moka, since, according to Akua the final seal has been broken, I doubt that Outer Moka is going to return, in the same form that she had been in, before this whole mess occurred.

The solution presented in chapter 27 might occur, but it will probably need some assistance from Tsukune,who's Moka's destined one, so I have no doubt that he might be able to do something to not make Outer Moka fully disappear.

The reason why I think that Outer Moka isn't going to return, in the same way that she was before, where she has been the active personality, while Inner Moka was the one being suppressed, is because I think this one of the first (and probably last) opportunity where Ikeda has a chance of starting to seriously develop the Inner Moka - Tsukune relationship, as well as, generally developing Inner Moka's character - after all it's one of the requirements that need to be achieved, before any romantic relationship can be established, between Tsukune and Moka, and can't be done if Inner Moka is kept being suppressed by the Rosario as she had been, till the current arc occurred .

As for Alucard's resurrection, I think that's going to fail as well, since despite developing a ritual to break Moka's Rosario - Akua and Fairy Tale doesn't know about the fact that Moka has passed her Shinso blood to someone else, which at this point is in my opinion going to make her unable to awaken Alucard, since I believe that injecting Tsukune with her blood, has caused Moka's Shinso blood to become synchronized with the Shinso blood that Tsukune has inherited, and the blood synchronization with Alucard has been passed to Tsukune as well, and if my theory is going to be proven, I definitely think that Akua won't be amused, once it's going to be revealed that Moka's Shinso blood has synchronized with the blood of someone, who was formerly just a "lowly human".
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 00:52   Link #22364
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Grrrr! Die a horrible, bloody, merciless death Shuzen Akua . Nobody should ever dare to make my Moka-chan cry. The destruction of her seal is just the unforgivable icing on the cake .

@chapter: That's how one delivers good drama (and not like those shames of ShoRoms >_<). Seeing Kuyou being somewhat alive was a "WTF"-moment. Similar, to how despite knowing Akua's weakness of haxxjigen, she still stomped both of them completely uninjured.
Next chapter:
Akua: Welcome back Moka *tears of joy*
Ura-chan: Don't screw with me *know-your-place-kick*

@Moka: I agree with Chris regarding that Ura-Moka would need more non-combat chapter development in order to increase her "love points" with Tsukune even if there's a deus-ex machina to bring Omote back. The whip-belmont chapter(s) until they arrived in China helped quite much in that regard, but it's imho not enough. Otherwise, It would be a huuuuge tearjearker to see Omote just appear to thank Tsukune for everything and bid him farewell with a kiss before she would disappear, but I think Ikeda likely knows a better way to resolve the Ura-Omote plotpoint e.g., the already-discussed merger of both sides to have an "Ultimate Moka"
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 03:19   Link #22365
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So much Akua hate Like others, I too doubt that this is the last of Moka we'll be seeing...it's a shame that Kurumu and Mizore lost so bad, Tsukune is busy enough kicking Kuyou's ass.

Is it just me or did this get bimonthly btw?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 03:29   Link #22366
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So much Akua hate Like others, I too doubt that this is the last of Moka we'll be seeing...it's a shame that Kurumu and Mizore lost so bad, Tsukune is busy enough kicking Kuyou's ass.

Is it just me or did this get bimonthly btw?
Well, it would be pretty unreasonable for them to be able to hold their own against Akua, since I belive the only characters who can to that are Inner Moka and Tsukune.

While, I don't think that Inner Moka is capable of defeating Akua, considering their lose - win ratio, but she should be strong enough to keep her busy until Tsukune gets to Moka's location, which should occur soon.

As for the bimonthly thing, if you had read the previous page of this thread, you should have learned that it doesn't have anything to do with the magazine that R+V is being released, which is JUMP SQUARE , and the bimonthly announcement is about JUMP SQUARE 19, which is a different magazine.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:27   Link #22367
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Isn't so much Akua hate just proof that she is doing a great job as an antagonist? Give her some credit at least.
Tbh, I do love a good villain, though there's a fine line between being a good villain and being a Sue. Look at what happened to Aizen in Bleach. If the same thing happens to Akuha, her defeat won't look realistic. Though considering everything that's happened, I'd say Tsukune has all the strength, training, and motivation necessary to crush the little megalomaniac once and for all.

As for Omote surviving, I admit it looks very grim. Though it looked just as bad during the final battle with Hokuto, and she still managed to return. This arc is going pretty much the same way.

Hokuto inserts the Rosario of Judgment - Alucard begins to awaken
Hokuto declares victory - Gyokuro declares victory
Moka's Rosario breaks - Moka's Rosario breaks

All that's left is for Tsukune to bind Akuha so Ura-chan can land the final blow (though I hope Tsukune finishes her personally), and the seal being repaired afterwards. So there's still a chance she could live. If not, she'll have to be remade, with no memory of Tsukune or anyone else. Though Tsukune and friends would make new memories with her, so she wouldn't feel alone anymore. Anwyay, can't wait for the next chapter.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 04:41   Link #22368
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post

As for Omote surviving, I admit it looks very grim. Though it looked just as bad during the final battle with Hokuto, and she still managed to return. This arc is going pretty much the same way.

Hokuto inserts the Rosario of Judgment - Alucard begins to awaken
Hokuto declares victory - Gyokuro declares victory
Moka's Rosario breaks - Moka's Rosario breaks

All that's left is for Tsukune to bind Akuha so Ura-chan can land the final blow (though I hope Tsukune finishes her personally), and the seal being repaired afterwards. So there's still a chance she could live. If not, she'll have to be remade, with no memory of Tsukune or anyone else. Though Tsukune and friends would make new memories with her, so she wouldn't feel alone anymore. Anwyay, can't wait for the next chapter.
Well, while I definitely agree that there exists a parallel between the current arc and the Hokuto arc from the first season, I don't think that the situation with Inner and Outer Moka is going to be returned to the state they where in, before this arc began.

The reason, is simple, as I mentioned in my previous post, I believe it's finally time for Inner Moka to start undergoing some character development as well as some developments in her relationship with Tsukune, which in my opinion can't be done if she continues being sealed by the Rosario as she had been before...

Not to mention that it would make all the drama and most of the developments in the current arc a little redundant, and after putting so much focus on them, I doubt that Ikeda will actually return things to the way they where before.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:55   Link #22369
Chris38

Quote:
Although personality-wise she's really going over the limit, she hasn't killed anyone yet. So dr. Tsukune can still heal her imo, as long as she realizez that her "love" for Moka is ...well... she needs a good beatdown and then a long, long redemption. This is different from Aizen suddenly becoming the sad and lonely one, right? Also, has any villain died in this manga yet? I can't remeber.
Saizou and Midou have been killed off for real in the first season because they failed to kill Tsukune, well it wasn't done by any of the main characters, but it's not like any villain deaths haven't occurred before.

As for Akua, the way she is portrayed + Tsukune's recent attitude in his vampire form, makes me think that the chances of her being redeemed are pretty slim.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:57   Link #22370
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

The author just stated through Kurumu and Mizore that outer Moka is the main love interest with her being "ahead" in terms of Tsukune's affection. Note that they specifically address outer, not inner Moka, for the latter's life isn't on the line.

You really think Ikeda, who has never strayed even an inch from genre conventions, would kill off the protagonist's main love interest, in a shounen series? C'mon, I would expect the teenage target audience to fall for the plot device but you guys?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:41   Link #22371
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Illusion? That's cheap. A meh chapter. Things won't pick up until Tsukune arrives.
Old 2012-05-06, 10:14   Link #22372
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The author just stated through Kurumu and Mizore that outer Moka is the main love interest with her being "ahead" in terms of Tsukune's affection. Note that they specifically address outer, not inner Moka, for the latter's life isn't on the line.

You really think Ikeda, who has never strayed even an inch from genre conventions, would kill off the protagonist's main love interest, in a shounen series? C'mon, I would expect the teenage target audience to fall for the plot device but you guys?
Kurumu's last words before she collapsed, telling Moka not to make Tsukune cry, I couldn't help get the impression that she was admitting defeat in terms of being a love rival to Moka and basically through those words she was entrusting Tsukune to Moka and that she make him happy.

I knew that Ikeda was trolling us with the whole "Omote is gone now that the final seal of the Rosary was broken" type thing, but I didn't fall for it, however it is to be expected that a majority of R+V readers will think Omote really is gone, then again, saying that the Rosary is broken and Omote being annihilated was from Akua's own words and we know better than to believe that BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Illusion? That's cheap. A meh chapter. Things won't pick up until Tsukune arrives.
Well, even if the illusion was kinda cheap, its just good to know that Kurumu's alright, but its also good to see the Black and White duet show their stuff against Akua, even though they'ed lose, but that doesn't matter, their determination to try and save Moka was what counted during their fight against Akua. I agree that things will pick up once Tsukune arrives to his fated battle with Akua in order to rescue Moka, Kurumu and Mizore and it looks like Touhou's team will be the ones to deal with the Masked King, Gyokuro and the other two subdivision leaders.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2012-05-06 at 10:24.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 10:47   Link #22373
Chris38

@Shinso Tsukune

Well, you got a point in not trusting what Akua says, but on the other hand I believe that something happened to Moka's Rosario since Inner Moka wouldn't come out, just because she got pissed at Akua, and it should be pretty obvious that Kurumu, Mizore or Akua wouldn't manage to remove the Rosario, even if Kurumu has a skill that allows her to pass barrier, since they aren't Moka's destined person, which only leaves the possibility that it has been broken, for the second time already, and since the seal has already been weakened before that, and we don't know to what extent Tohou Fuhai managed to repair ir, before Moka went with Akua to the Fairy Tale HQ, well it's up to Ikeda if it will be possible to recover the Rosario to it's previous state,

Not to mention that, like I said before, even if Outer Moka survives this, I think the situation between her and Inner Moka (probably in the form of which one is the dominant personality) is going to be changed, since let's be honest when do you expect Moka and Tsukune to hook up, if Inner Moka won't change her opinion about romance, which according to her statements from chapter 27 is making her fell weak and she's afraid to interact with Tsukune and her other friends, because of that ?

Since, personally speaking I doubt that problem can be resolved, if Inner Moka continues being suppressed by the Rosario as she had been before...

Last edited by Chris38; 2012-05-06 at 11:14.
Old 2012-05-06, 13:17   Link #22374
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@Shinso Tsukune

Well, you got a point in not trusting what Akua says, but on the other hand I believe that something happened to Moka's Rosario since Inner Moka wouldn't come out, just because she got pissed at Akua, and it should be pretty obvious that Kurumu, Mizore or Akua wouldn't manage to remove the Rosario, even if Kurumu has a skill that allows her to pass barrier, since they aren't Moka's destined person, which only leaves the possibility that it has been broken, for the second time already, and since the seal has already been weakened before that, and we don't know to what extent Tohou Fuhai managed to repair ir, before Moka went with Akua to the Fairy Tale HQ, well it's up to Ikeda if it will be possible to recover the Rosario to it's previous state,

Not to mention that, like I said before, even if Outer Moka survives this, I think the situation between her and Inner Moka (probably in the form of which one is the dominant personality) is going to be changed, since let's be honest when do you expect Moka and Tsukune to hook up, if Inner Moka won't change her opinion about romance, which according to her statements from chapter 27 is making her fell weak and she's afraid to interact with Tsukune and her other friends, because of that ?

Since, personally speaking I doubt that problem can be resolved, if Inner Moka continues being suppressed by the Rosario as she had been before...
Well, I know Omotes definitely going to survive, no doubts there, but mabye the situation between Ura and Omote will change once this arc is over with. As for Ura's statements back in chapter 27, it wasn't just that she was against the idea of romance, but its because that she believes that since shes been out for a while shes become "soft", Omote took notice and was able to calm her down and "fill in the gaps" for her, thus she was able to find resolve, let's not forget that Omote points out that Ura has the same feelings for Tsukune as she does and wants to protect him.

So far Ura and Tsukune's relationship has been building up since the beginning of season II, so far I'm impressed with the progress its making, but it looks like the rest of this arc will have some major development between those two, I just wouldn't like the idea of something bad happening to Omote to allow this, thats just cruel, however if situation between Ura and Omote does change as a twist to allow relationship development between Ura and Tsukune, than I can deal with that.
Old 2012-05-06, 13:23   Link #22375
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

I got so pissed off at Akua's face in the final page of the chapter.
Please, someone, anybody (but preferentially Tsukune), beat that demented smile of her face.
I've seen to much of this type of characters in manga - self-righteous, thinking their way is the only way and, worst off all, capable of convincing at least someone they are correct (normally the victim in cause).
I just want to see the mother of all beatings pounded into her before she dies, just that.
Old 2012-05-06, 13:48   Link #22376
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I want to see her submitted into the harem or at least the club but I don't think that's going to happen. She is twisted. It's a shame too since it would be comedic seeing her compete for Moka.
Old 2012-05-06, 13:48   Link #22377
Chris38

@Shinso Tsukune

Well, you do realize that sooner or later the seal would need to be broken / removed for Moka to be capable of using her Shinso powers, which she is going to need before this series.

So, either way sooner or later, we will need to find a solution that will solve the Outer / Inner Moka problem, and while it might be true that it's too early to actually resolve this plot point in the current arc, I have no doubt that it would need to be resolved in some way, before this series is over.

After all, even Akasha has said that the seal that Moka wears isn't permanent and will break some day.

I agree that making Outer Moka disappear is a little cruel and probably has a small chance of occurring since she's one of the main heroines , but it's not like Ikeda hasn't done things that aren't cruel before, since I hope you remember what is the current status in which Akasha currently is, and as you should know something like that happened to her, just a few chapters after she has been "introduced" in this manga, and getting her out of her current state well might be pretty difficult to achieve.
Old 2012-05-06, 14:01   Link #22378
Alhazad2003

Quote:
I forgot about Saizou and Midou. Yeah, I guess she has a death flag after all. Still, it could go a number of ways, like Moka somehow saving her from Tsukune (at least outer Moka doesn't seem to hate her) or Gokuro killing her for being incompetent (just like Saizou died). I really think a lot of things are possible right now, so I can still hope, right?
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Omote admitted the breaking of the seal restored her memories, so now she knows Akuha killed her mother and made her so lonely all those years. Ura-chan won't forgive her for that, nor for destroying her last memento of Akasha. And if Akuha tries escaping with her, claiming she only joined Fairy Tale in order to get her sister back, then she'll make enemies of her own comrades and only further seal her fate. Akuha Shuzen is as dead as dead can be, she's just too delusional to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
I got so pissed off at Akua's face in the final page of the chapter.
Please, someone, anybody (but preferentially Tsukune), beat that demented smile of her face.
I've seen to much of this type of characters in manga - self-righteous, thinking their way is the only way and, worst off all, capable of convincing at least someone they are correct (normally the victim in cause).
I just want to see the mother of all beatings pounded into her before she dies, just that.
She'll definitely get it, Ikeda has made no effort to make her look the least bit sympathetic. Even Hokuto at his worst was never so unscrupulous. Though Tsukune might think forgiving him was a mistake now, so chance of Akuha getting any mercy. She'll get death; slow, pain, and agonizing. She deserves nothing else.

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2012-05-06 at 15:11.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 14:29   Link #22379
Tachibana
タチバナ

@Chris38

Yeah, the seal will be broken sooner or later, since Akasha did say that it isn't permanent and that itle break someday, but I wonder if itle happen in this arc or in the future, with the situation the way it is, its the perfect moment for something like that, I'm just curious on how Ikeda is going to solve the Omote/Ura problem, the logical solution would be the merger that Tsukune is hoping for, unless Ikeda has something else in mind for a solution.
Old 2012-05-06, 20:26   Link #22380
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*yawns* ...looong weekend... -_-

Finally read the chapter...and Akua is proving interesting to me...I don't know why but she is. I don't want to see her offed JUUUST yet. She's the darkness to Moka's light; as Akua said herself, she's the total opposite of Akua herself but yet the only one who could understand her. Akua doesn't make those kinds of statements lightly. While not as interesting as Priscilla was in Claymore, I still want to try and understand that undeniably insane siscon brain of hers, at least the circumstances behind and surrounding her vendetta against humanity.

Be it as it may, I really think that Akua will become a reaccurring boss for Moka. If I'm proven wrong by the end of this arc, it won't be a biggie, especially when I also think that Akua might sacrifice herself to keep Alucard away from Moka, giving them time to escape. So it's either: reappearing boss or villianous sacrifice (unless Akasha showes up).

As for the merging, it's fairly obvious that Ura would like to keep Omote around. I mean, they were practically sisters to each other in place of their actual family. I would miss the dynamic betwee then should they merge - especially when Ura's the dominant and Omote's the one swinging the little cross around trying to talk.

~*~

~Prologue~

To the exhausted mother, the gentle cry of her newborn was the sweetest melody in the world. All of the pain seemed to vanish into nothingness as the midwife presented Lady Akasha with her daughter. Despite everything, the elder vampire felt nothing but love for her crying baby daughter. She winced as she felt another powerful contraction wrack through her body.

She vaguely heard the midwife shouting to the nursemaids as Akasha's womb gave up its second resident to the new life awaiting it.

Akasha felt her strength drained in a fashion she had never experienced as the nursemaid began cleaning her 2nd daughter. Twin daughters... Her husband would be pleased...

She smiled weakly as the nursemaid presented her with her second child whose cries drowned out the first one in volume and strength. Sensing something amiss, she glanced back at her first born, who seemed to be having trouble breathing. Alarmed, Akasha could scarcely recongize her own voice as she called out, weak and filled with concern for her daughter.

The midwife acted quickly, proceeding through the steps to assist the baby in breathing but rapidly the child's lifeforce dwindled away bit by bit. There was nothing that neither the midwife nor the doctor present could do as the child slowly began to succumb to the unknown ailment until she lay practically still, with only a weak pulse and breath. Frantic, Akasha took her first born daughter, turning her second over to the midwife and bade everyone exit from the room. Her eyes filled with a determination only a mother could know, she gently sunk her fangs into her child, her prayer consisting of only one word as she felt her powerful blood beginning to flow into her weakening newborn.

Please...!

~ 15 years later ~

Spoiler for The rest - a rough idea...:D:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire