AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 36 32.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-02, 08:58   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Rikka is damned lucky to get such easy math for her first year of high school....
Old 2012-11-02, 09:14   Link #102
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Rikka is damned lucky to get such easy math for her first year of high school....
isnt rikka's test question standard...i think? how hard is yours? ( i already forget, it's a long time ago)
Old 2012-11-02, 09:16   Link #103
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Uchida is really doing a great job with Rikka , she's so cute and her "Easily" damn.....
Old 2012-11-02, 10:20   Link #104
Warm Mist

Aren't they 16 or something like that? I was doing square of a binomial and that level of algebra at 13... I would have expected trigonometry, vectorial algebra including R3, linear systems, or something akin to that.

I don't know if they put those maths in there just because, or if Japan is truly at that level, but it seems weird certainly.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:30   Link #105
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

It's appear to be non calculator paper. So no way you gonna to do some trig there.

also isnt this just monthly or half term test?

Old 2012-11-02, 10:39   Link #106
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
It's appear to be non calculator paper. So no way you gonna to do some trig there.
Eh, you can just leave the answer in terms of the trig functions. There's no need to actually punch out the decimals.

It's been a long time but I recall learning trig pretty early though. Was grade 10 really when it's learned?
Old 2012-11-02, 10:45   Link #107
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Eh, you can just leave the answer in terms of the trig functions. There's no need to actually punch out the decimals.

It's been a long time but I recall learning trig pretty early though. Was grade 10 really when it's learned?
You talking about Trig simplification (which is harder)?

I can see question like "What is sin of 60" for non caculator paper thought. or 3/4/5 triangle stuff

Old 2012-11-02, 11:04   Link #108
ChronoReverse

Quote:
You talking about Trig simplification (which is harder)?

I can see question like "What is sin of 60" for non caculator paper thought. or 3/4/5 triangle stuff
Anything before differential equations has sort of merged into a mish-mash of "tools" for me but yes. But now that you've mentioned sin of 60 (degrees) I've realized how off the mark I was (I only think in radians for crying out loud). I have no idea what grade 10 math is it seems so ignore me =(
Old 2012-11-02, 11:24   Link #109
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Well the question itself is kinda hard for their level. try to do this in 50 minute without using calculator

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
IMO it reasonable at their level that the average is 50%

Old 2012-11-02, 12:57   Link #110
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I just realized how low of a score I gave this episode comparing to others. I guess I was using the different scaling method when I voted.

Anyway. In the light of this episode, I started to think that the Lite OP's atmosphere may not be totally off from the show after all. It would fit quite well to the later half of the episode.
Old 2012-11-02, 13:50   Link #111
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Wait, so she sat for her mid terms AND her finals in just an episode!? This anime moves hella fast...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-02, 13:52   Link #112
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Wait, so she sat for her mid terms AND her finals in just an episode!? This anime moves hella fast...
What we saw were the results from the previous exam. That was not shown, but we know that about 10-12 days later they had another exam in math. I don't believe it was ever stated to be mid-terms/finals, but I could be incorrect.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-02, 15:24   Link #113
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well the question itself is kinda hard for their level. try to do this in 50 minute without using calculator

Images
Expanding polynomials are supposed to be done without a calculator. The concept itself is simple.

I will agree however that some of those are a little long and messy. It would require a lot more blank space to work on those than what the paper provided.
Old 2012-11-02, 16:11   Link #114
Jaden

Quote:

*Tries*

I can see it! I can....I can't see it

Well with over 50% she did fairly well for being hopeless at math. English coincides with her interests though so you'd expect her to be stronger at that!
Old 2012-11-02, 19:32   Link #115
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff comments!
Director/Storyboarder Hiroko Utsumi:
Quote:
This is Utsumi, the director/storyboarder for episode 5. No, THIS IS UTSUMI! Ah, you have to be dark…

From now on it’s summer clothing since we’re in summer! The summer means a pool! Hehehe…. of course we showed those swimsuits you bastards love so much! You love that water too! Did any of you notice that Rikka, Dekomori, Kumin, and Nibutani were wearing different swimsuits? That was the supervisor’s obsession, not mine! (The punk left Yuuta’s to someone else!)

And then we reach the test the Devilsih Truth Stare couldn’t avoid. It was just a multiplication test…but the patient still invoked her chuunibyou. Rikka tried to see the answer as well as she could.

The highlight of episode 5 was the cell phone….NO! The exchange of electro protocol codes. Yuuta’s kindness to go back into Dark Flame Master mode just for Rikka was enough to make you swoon. That cut had such an impressive layout so I was incredibly fussy over its coloring and processing.

Now then! Let us exchange cell….protocol codes! We’re about to part ways…!
Animation Director Miku Kadowaki:
Quote:
I’m Kadowaki and I was in charge of directing the animation for episode 5.

Though I was surprised at the image of Rikka’s pleasant expression, it was very enjoyable to draw such an event. It felt like you knew exactly what she was feeling at that moment. So cute.

In this episode the math test came around. It’s been how many years since I studied factoring and yet I was the one stuck in charge of it. Though it was once one of my strong points, the truth is that I’ve sealed that part of me away.

And then there’s the school swimsuits we made you wait for!! We spent a lot of attention on the size of each of the girls’ chests, so we’d be happy if you noticed that. It’s a shame there was no shirtless Yuuta. A real shame!
Color Coordination Yuuka Yoneda:
Quote:
I’m Yoneda. I’ve had the privilege of coordinating the colors.

The 5th episode was about the crises of the circle disbanding as well as the collapse of Rikka’s character. I too can’t understand….the thoughts of that person throwing the dice…

My favorite scene has to be the final scene when they’re going home. It’s the only time where Yuuta says those lines in the episode.

In respect to color coordination, did you think the pink and violet colors around Rikka matched the twilight scenery? I tried to emphasize it. If our photographer hadn’t added the wonderful filter they did, do you think it would have that same wonderful atmosphere?

Speaking of favorites, inside Rikka’s room, the mask and Shakoo-chan (figure) who stand out the most to me. The special effects member poured his soul into them, so please pay attention to them.

Then, I hope you enjoy next week’s episode as well. Thank you very much for watching and reading.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-02 at 19:42.
Old 2012-11-02, 19:42   Link #116
Serphirs

highlights.

Hiroko Utsumi: ...of course we showed those swimsuits you bastards love so much!... lol
... That cut had such an impressive layout I was incredibly fussy over its coloring and processing... I really appreciate your effort man.

Miku Kadowaki:...We spent a lot of attention on the size of each of the girls' chests, so we'd be happy if you noticed that... Naah! (?)

Yuuka Yoneda: In respect for color coordination, did you think the pink and violet colors around Rikka matched the twilight scenery? I tried to emphasize it. If our photographer hadn't added the wonderful filter they did, do you think it would have that same wonderful atmosphere? I wonder if he was the same C.C for the final pink scene of Hyouka. Anyway, he is right, that filter constructed the atmosphere. I applaud you.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:29   Link #117
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
isnt rikka's test question standard...i think? how hard is yours? ( i already forget, it's a long time ago)
My first year of high school....was summation, differentiation (trigonometric included), Maclaurin/Taylor series and complex numbers....

Then again, high school where I am is only two years...
Old 2012-11-02, 23:48   Link #118
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Yep, when I was in 10th grade, we covered simple things like factoring, functions, and logarithms.

Great episode, btw! Rikka and Yuuta are just so cuuute! I was really sad when Hyouka ended, but this show has lessened the impact.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:55   Link #119
rulfo

Quote:

Images
I wish my Algebra was as good as I was back in my High School years... I swear to God I love math but the only things I hated the most was doing calculations for chem and physics.

Quote:
That was the supervisor’s obsession, not mine! (The punk left Yuuta’s to someone else!)
Haha! Wat!?
Old 2012-11-03, 00:35   Link #120
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

First vote? 9 Out of 10

10 points for Rikka-chan's first genuine adorable, Angelic Smile. Worth ten times the price of admission alone!!

-1 point for Shinka the mean-spirited two-faced bitch. My oh my does a snake show its true ugly colors when it sheds its seemingly brighty and beautiful skin.

On another matter.

Yuuta's mom MUST have been knocked up at 13 like Nayuki's Mom Akiko from Kanon.

Because, seriously, NO woman over 30 can be that cute and cuddly after giving birth to THREE children, the eldest of who is already 16!!