AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-05, 05:19   Link #1
Duckinator

I need an Anime...

Just watched Shakugan no Shana. Pretty liked it, and was surprise it was extremely similar to Fate/Stay Night.

I would like another that's similar to both Animes, some fighting with some love too. A storyline something like a normal guy (Shirou/Yuji) meets someone quite powerful (Sabre/Shana) and they fall in love

Well hopefully there are something similar and somewhere along those lines. ^_^
Old 2006-12-05, 05:36   Link #2
jedinat

"A storyline something like a normal guy (Shirou/Yuji) meets someone quite powerful (Sabre/Shana) and they fall in love "

Erementar Gerad
Zero no Tsukaima
Busou Renkin (well, I assume they fall in love)
Old 2006-12-05, 06:21   Link #3
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Seconded. Also take a look at Ah! My Goddess, DearS, Rozen Maiden and Mahoromatic but I'm not 100% if thats the sort of stuff you're looking for. But Zero would be my first recommendation
Old 2006-12-05, 10:36   Link #4
MamoruUsagi

There are lots of romance series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series, is dating during the series, gets married, has a child.

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple is dating and boyfriend/girlfriend during the series, gets married, has a child and has a wonderful love story with lots of kissing.

Fushigi Yugi is a romance/fantasy. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series and have a wonderful love story with lots of romantic kisses. The manga is a lot longer than the anime and goes a lot further. If you choose the naime, watch the OVAs, which covers from of the second half of the manga, the manga is a lot better, though.

Ceres Celestial Legend Is a romance/fantasy. The manga is a lot longer than the anime, the anime cuts out a lot. The manga has a lot of scenes with the couple kissing in hotel rooms. There are some sex scenes in the manga.

Bokura ga Ita is a realistic romance series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Kare Kano the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Marmalade Boy 76 episodes, realistic romance series. The couples are dating and boyfriend/girlfriend during the series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-12-05 at 11:13.
Old 2006-12-05, 12:03   Link #5
Duckinator

Well MamoruUsagi, I don't really want one that's fully on Romance. Sailormoon would be a nice choice, though its 200 Episodes, and I don't really want to watch for THAT long. I'm also looking for one with graphics that's more ''modern?'', like F/SN and Shakugan no Shana. Fushigi Yugi feels a little old, though I MIGHT watch it if I'm out of options.

Someone recommended me DN Angel. What's its Genre, any fighting? And any comments on it?
Old 2006-12-05, 12:10   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I'd steer clear of D.N Angel... i myself found it pretty terrible. Out of its 24 episodes 8 or so can easily be labeled as pure fillers and nothing else. It would have been ok as a 14 series show, but watching 24 eps of it was a waste of time. Besides, they boy there is the one with super-powers and the girls are ordinary

Um...this might not be exactly what you are looking for but i think it's worth giving Rozen Maiden a shot. Both seasons.
Old 2006-12-05, 12:42   Link #7
jedinat

Well I remember liking DN Angel... its been a couple years since I saw it. Genre is action/romance
Old 2006-12-05, 13:08   Link #8
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Jedinat mentioned most of the ones I would, but I'd also like to throw in a recommendation for Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase.
Old 2006-12-05, 21:38   Link #9
Duckinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Jedinat mentioned most of the ones I would, but I'd also like to throw in a recommendation for Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase.
Is there love?
Old 2006-12-05, 22:44   Link #10
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
moon phase, yeah it has plenty, and its a good story too in my opinion, a must see
Old 2006-12-07, 02:21   Link #11
Duckinator

Anyone else like Moon Phase? Or any other recommendations? Cuz I probably need one soon!
Old 2006-12-07, 05:22   Link #12
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I think Mai HiME would be a good choice. However the main character is a girl with the special abilities who meets an ordinary guy and they fall in love.
Old 2006-12-08, 05:45   Link #13
Duckinator

Heard about Mai HiMe, though I somehow am not attracted to it =/

Any others?
Closed Thread