AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-05-15, 19:51   Link #321
User13971
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
Oh definitely. It really does feel like a return to top form for me. With Abenobashi, Mahoromatic and PPY, ...

What is PPY?

Thanks,

Kai
User13971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 00:20   Link #322
wao
OK.

That would be Puri Puri Yuushi, or... if I"m not wrong in english it's Petite Princess Yucie? Another Gainax work.

I still hate this show, BTW
Old 2004-05-16, 00:26   Link #323
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I'm sort of enjoying this one, it's slow-paced; yes. But there's little tiny tid-bits of something more!

It reminds me of Trigun, sort of laid back and lighthearted at first, I hope it gets just as dark though
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 08:23   Link #324
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
EDIT: Crud, looks like Kracus got to my idea first.

Its alright, just glad someone came up with the same though.

Spoiler:
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 08:30   Link #325
Kracus
Cute Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Now lets move to the main male heros... Takeru...where on the earth did he got that power?? and Ryou seems to hav strange marks on his hand that seems to be able to control the weather...(watch ep4)
I'm just gonna go ahead assume this:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-16, 10:33   Link #326
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
After watching the anime till episode 6... i seems to catch abit of this show meaning or you can say "Morale"...

This show really goes with the ANime's title btw...
"This Ugly & Beautiful World" isn't the anime seems to show the nice and bad things about this world??

For an Example...
1st = Ryou and Takeru keep on saying to the girls "This world is very big and there's more to see and enjoy"
2nd = Ryou once say b4 to Akari in the jungle under the rain "This world may not fill with nice people and enjoyable things"
3rd = Hikari says "Isn't the rain nice??"
4th = Evil Hikari says "If you don't like the school why don't vanish it??"
5th = Hikari says "Now i understand, you all actually likes the school rite because you all still gather back to collect your stuffs and get together back even the school breaks down"

So over all my view is, this title "This Ugly and Beautiful World" really suits the show unlike certain anime...u get wat i mean...

And come to think about it, the ecchi part is kinda play a important role in the anime.And this Jennifer Portman is starting to get on my nerves...(Is she just live on her life with beer only?? Never seem her to be eating normal food accept beer)

I've learn alot of Morale Value through this Anime and although it fits abit ecchi... well ok maybe too much ecchi... It would be nice anime for little children to watch if they doesn't fit in that much Ecchi...

Honestly i'm kinda interested in the Ecchi part...
Anyway i'm starting to get hook by this anime... Great job Gainax, you deserve a applause after such a long sleep *Clap clap clap*
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 12:21   Link #327
Peace^

I think Takeru got his power when Hikari cut him with her nails this inffecting him.
Same as when Akari cut her foot on the way to Ryou's house and Ryou sucked the blood form her cut. I think the DNA mixes or something
Peace^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 17:21   Link #328
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace^
I think Takeru got his power when Hikari cut him with her nails this inffecting him.
Same as when Akari cut her foot on the way to Ryou's house and Ryou sucked the blood form her cut. I think the DNA mixes or something
!!!!

I just remembered that!! Thanks for pointing that out to everyone! Now we sort of have an idea why Ryou started to have those marks on his hands!
Old 2004-05-17, 01:03   Link #329
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
!!!!

I just remembered that!! Thanks for pointing that out to everyone! Now we sort of have an idea why Ryou started to have those marks on his hands!
Yes, yes!! Well put!!
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 01:47   Link #330
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Quote:
This thread is 16 pages. I guess the staff thought that warranted enough attention directed at one series to allow it a separate forum.
There are several other threads (PlanetES has 22 pages) that don't get their own forum - I think it might be how popular it is on bittorrent.

Anyways episode 7 was an improvement - learned a little, but very little. Frankly episode 6 turned me off majorly since it was so pointless. This series is paced a little strangely for one that supposed to be 12. I did like the chibi-esque stuff in this episode, but I wish they would stop with the fanservice - its just soooo annoying.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 18:47   Link #331
Tommy
Mr. Prince

After watching 7 episodes of this series guys I'm dropping out. I just can't stand it anymore. Takeru annoys me to no end with his bashful shy bullshit. Be a man and take whats yours is what I want to see not this I'm to shy to kiss you bullshit. Of course I've watched countless series that are the same way but this one seems to get on my nerves more then any other. Plus the monsters and transformations aren't even that exciting. Certainly not worth waiting for.

I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if there is any buzz over the last episodes to start me back up. But the only way I could see this show satisfing my cravings now is if Takeru got laid followed by being killed by Hikari with Mari witnessing the whole thing. Then some more crazy plot twists followed with more people dying.

OR if Hikari sleeps with Takeru then uses him in the final episodes to kill Akari and Ryou that would be some good shit too especially if there is actually going to be a showdown between the two.

In other words something SHOCKING needs to happen to rekindle my interest.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 00:54   Link #332
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
would anyone on this forum be intrested in a Gif thread for this show? If so I will gladly make one and take requests.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 07:25   Link #333
Kracus
Cute Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
OR if Hikari sleeps with Takeru then uses him in the final episodes to kill Akari and Ryou that would be some good shit too especially if there is actually going to be a showdown between the two.
That's what I'm thinkin may happen. Destruction vs Restoration, just like the theme in X.
Old 2004-05-18, 07:54   Link #334
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace^
Yes you're rite... It never cross my mind if you never mention so... Hmm... this could be the answer to it but i still hav a little doubht against it. Before Hikari really "mix up the dna?" Isn't Takeru seems to have a heart attack? It is after that and after Hikari "Accidently scratch Takeru??" then only that fella transform.

Hmm...anyway you just bring a great point towards all this mystery... >.< darn... i never thought of that at all... i such a lousy anime watcher....
Old 2004-05-18, 07:57   Link #335
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
!!!!

Err...Shinova? Can i ask who is the girl character that you use for your Avatar?? It looks very Famiar is... is she Hisui from the anime Shingetsukitan Tsukihime?
Old 2004-05-18, 09:23   Link #336
Kracus
Cute Killer

Quote:
Before Hikari really "mix up the dna?" Isn't Takeru seems to have a heart attack? It is after that and after Hikari "Accidently scratch Takeru??" then only that fella transform.
I mentioned in a previous post about having first contact and wanting to protect Hikari brought (Possibly) about the 'heart attack' like state. Which happens right before the monster strikes again.
Old 2004-05-18, 17:33   Link #337
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Err...Shinova? Can i ask who is the girl character that you use for your Avatar?? It looks very Famiar is... is she Hisui from the anime Shingetsukitan Tsukihime?
Watch midway through episode 5 of Konomini.
Old 2004-05-18, 17:51   Link #338
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

ep 7
Spoiler:

Last edited by I)ark-I)eath; 2004-05-19 at 02:14.
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 18:51   Link #339
nephilim
Loves Kaori

my 2 c

the "evil hikari" only shows up when hikari is facing negative feelings dun u think? check ep1 (fear) ep5 (hate) ep7 (insecurity) i feel it's possible that the story is progressing whenever evil hikari shows up. while hikari's still normal hikari, the story's a bit of tribute to gainax's previous animes and some fan service.

ep 7 gave me a shock, becoz

Spoiler for episode 7:

why did aionis need to guard hikari's actions on earth? because it knows that hikari has potential for destruction? or to oversee the extinction process?

why did the monster target both girls if hikari's the only one with an evil within? if the monster only attacks hikari, more or less it means that akari is the good girl

sorry i thought of a lot of things. am wondering whether akari has a secret within her too... becoz she's basically just cast into the background
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 20:42   Link #340
CorneredAngel

Send a message via AIM to CorneredAngel
So, as I've been doing all along so far, another stab at deeper analysis.

Ultimately, Takeru's defining trait is that he does not want to grow up and assume the responsibilities of being an adult. In the beginning of the series, he can try to justify it by focusing on how the adult world he would enter is full of destruction and how little effect on anything he - or anyone else - can have. But the primary definition of growing up and becoming an adult is accepting your capacity to love (and on another level entirely, confirming that you are an adult via sex/physical affection). Hikari shows up, and by putting herself in front of Takeru, gives him a reason to consider growing up and accepting reality.

Except, as I just mentioned, this adult reality *is* one of destruction and individual irrelevance. By transforming, all he is doing is becoming the same kind of adult that have been fighting in wars for as long as there have been people. So it is a transformation that can only be viewed as positive if you accept that any change is better than no change, that destruction is better than impotence. This still leaves one question unanswered: does Hikari realize what she is doing? Is her goal to somehow harness Takeru's power, or is she there merely to make him realize that there don't need to be "reasons" why he has to grow up; it's an inherently illogical process but one he can't escape and shouldn't try to escape. In this way, incidentally, she would be very much like FLCL's Haruko. The other question that is yet to be addressed, of course, is why does Ryoh accept growing up so wholeheartedly, as evident when he kisses Akari without a moment's hesitation. It's almost as if he craves access to the same transformative power that Takeru has...Of course the final factor that needs to be considered is that Takeru's individual models of "adults" are highly negative: they come solely from the news, and from memories of his own parents who abandoned him. Therefore, he can't imagine the adult world to be in any way constructive; therefore, the only way he can enter it is through violence.

In any case, it's becoming clear that in the second half of the series, symbolism and subtext will become extremely important, especially since the rest of the series still sticks to fairly conventional images and plotlines. Which is to say that there is a distinct break between the ideas Gainax is trying to express and the visuals they are using to express them; perhaps this really would have worked better as a short story. Then again, nor is this anything new: five episodes of Gunbuster out of six, and easily a quarter of Evangelion are fluff...
CorneredAngel is offline   Reply With Quote