AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 06:38   Link #21
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
Welcome to the world of non-discrimination. Jann made the whole scenery look more relaxable and the funniest part about him are his "body" expressions.

Anyhow. I liked the episode even though I did not understand what they said. But from what it was more than fine.

And the preview for the next episode also looks like fun. More to follow after subs have been released.
Old 2009-05-10, 07:00   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And I think I've just found my second favorite female character after Selvaria

I died laughing when she asked where mr piggy went whilst eating BBQ...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-10, 07:02   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
How does Jann ruin the whole show? Please explain because your post can come across as being pretty offensive.

If you say it's because he is gay, then oh my.
Old 2009-05-10, 07:06   Link #24
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm noticing a harsh increase in misogynistic and idiosyncratic posting, these days. Maybe that's it.

Old 2009-05-10, 08:26   Link #25
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
I must say, I disagree with you. To say that he ruins the whole show is a sweeping statement. I find him charming and interesting.
Old 2009-05-10, 08:45   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I must say, I disagree with you. To say that he ruins the whole show is a sweeping statement. I find him charming and interesting.
Jann's a great, fun-loving character. I hope they carry on giving him screentime in this adaptation.

I laughed so hard at his scene during the brawl with all men together around him. Priceless.

Edy's few seconds of speech was so :3 :3 :3 :3 :3. Seriously, just those few scenes were enough to make my week. I love Edy, and it's good to see that they've captured her character perfectly from the game, just in those few seconds.

As for the hugging scene in the preview for episode 7, the male character shown does have darker hair then Welkin, so it must be Faldio.
Old 2009-05-10, 17:26   Link #27
Runty

I don't suppose...
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-05-10, 20:07   Link #28
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Someone please get rid of this bigot who says things like "Gregor is a Nazi" and "Jann being a gay guy who ruins the show". He's ruining all of these threads! I LOL hard at him but that's because he's more stupid than anything.
Old 2009-05-10, 20:31   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I don't suppose...
Spoiler for :
That it is a radio interview, which means they aren't going to get their pictures taken or anything.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-10, 21:32   Link #30
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jann's a great, fun-loving character. I hope they carry on giving him screentime in this adaptation.

I laughed so hard at his scene during the brawl with all men together around him. Priceless.
If you played the game Jann is one of the strongest Lancer characters, better than Largo which makes him one of my favourite. That and he's funny during the battle (Largo your're the only one for me!). No idea if they are carrying that into the anime either.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:31   Link #31
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Welcome to the world of non-discrimination. Jann made the whole scenery look more relaxable and the funniest part about him are his "body" expressions.

Anyhow. I liked the episode even though I did not understand what they said. But from what it was more than fine.

And the preview for the next episode also looks like fun. More to follow after subs have been released.
Ok yeah but I find it weird he has lipstick on. That is just weird. I know some armies would refuse his kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Someone please get rid of this bigot who says things like "Gregor is a Nazi" and "Jann being a gay guy who ruins the show". He's ruining all of these threads! I LOL hard at him but that's because he's more stupid than anything.
Come on now, don't be offended they are just anime characters and I certainly am allowed to bigot them since they are not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Edy's few seconds of speech was so :3 :3 :3 :3 :3. Seriously, just those few scenes were enough to make my week. I love Edy, and it's good to see that they've captured her character perfectly from the game, just in those few seconds.

As for the hugging scene in the preview for episode 7, the male character shown does have darker hair then Welkin, so it must be Faldio.
Well I won't disagreed with you that Jann does bring a comedy relief but some of his tastes make literally chilly. And why are people bombarding me with bad karma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If you played the game Jann is one of the strongest Lancer characters, better than Largo which makes him one of my favourite. That and he's funny during the battle (Largo your're the only one for me!). No idea if they are carrying that into the anime either.
Certainly his strength is nice but once again his personality might not be for me other than the comedy relief.

Quote:
Once again I must say that he perhaps did not ruin the whole as I was a little tired and blew up as in other posts you can see. I AM SCHIZO SO DEAL WITH IT! LOL! I do have to agreed that he to me was more chills giving off than comedy value but I will just have to get used to him like other things in which I might be slower to get used to.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:49   Link #32
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So according to the next episode preview, there might be something going on between Faldio's pet boy and Isara? Good grief.

Other than that, this is a good episode, energetic, upbeat and pure comedy. Alicia's attempt to protect the integrity of Platoon 7 failed miserably, and that restroom scene is just classic. More and more do I see Yang Wen-Li in Welkin (especially since they do look alike) while Jann is shaping to become the next Bobby Margot.

One of my favorite scene in this episode though is one when Marina was being interviewed... that was gold.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-10, 23:05   Link #33
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
And why are people bombarding me with bad karma?
I am just concerned that your post sounds pretty offensive.
Old 2009-05-10, 23:48   Link #34
slayer545-sama
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
I am just concerned that your post sounds pretty offensive.
Offensive? Get real dude. These are anime characters and gays are always being insulted. These are anime characters for crying out loud and I certainly am allowed to insult anime characters because they are not actual people. Come on now, and yes gays were never liked in the army. In fact I had one that I had to cover his ass with girls so that others would not beat him up. So get real dude.

To those who gave me bad reputation, what is your problem? I am pointing out my opinion and it is offensive. Get real here! Half the world is disgusted with JAPAN! Half of it wants to terminate it. Why? Let's see loli, rape simulation and much more. Who? UNICEF, UN and World Feminists among others and the Pope as well.

Why it has not been done. USA is the reason and that's all I am saying. The details are part of my research so I will not give out those.
Old 2009-05-11, 00:01   Link #35
Key Board
Carbon

The problem some people have with you is your tone.

I know you admit to being neurotic and all, but do try to keep your emotions in check. Here's a good advice. Don't reply to a post right away. Take a moment and think it thru.

PS: Have you been checked for Diabetes? Too much sugar in your blood can make you this way too. This is not a laughing matter. It can be LETHAL.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:59   Link #36
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l been wondering with some of the horrible changes they have done to some of the story just so they include faldio more in it...how many of u who have played the game would be able to stomach faldio stealing alicia's first kiss?
Old 2009-05-11, 02:04   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, with all the Code Geass references, people tend to forget that Sakurai can voice some really smooth characters, and the anime version of Faldio seemed to be one of those type of roles.
Old 2009-05-11, 03:40   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l been wondering with some of the horrible changes they have done to some of the story just so they include faldio more in it...how many of u who have played the game would be able to stomach faldio stealing alicia's first kiss?
I don't mind changes like that, i mean they've already forced in the whole Alicia x Faldio so they probably will go the whole way and show something like that. I still think they're just adding all this in to further increase the drama as to what will happen later in the story.

You've completed the game, so i'll let you know in a pm what i mean concerning the games story.
Old 2009-05-11, 03:59   Link #39
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The problem some people have with you is your tone.

I know you admit to being neurotic and all, but do try to keep your emotions in check. Here's a good advice. Don't reply to a post right away. Take a moment and think it thru.

PS: Have you been checked for Diabetes? Too much sugar in your blood can make you this way too. This is not a laughing matter. It can be LETHAL.
Freedom is absolute in discussion as long as it does attack anyone. IS ANYONE AS IN ANIME CHARACTER REALLY VALID?????? Of course not and that is because anime characters aren't valid subjects because they are not actual people although sometimes they are modeled after real people. Jann is far off of the ones that are real.
Old 2009-05-11, 04:06   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You basically said that a gay character is ruining this series. I don't ever want to hear such remarks, and i believe same goes for other people around here. It doesn't matter if the character is real or not, it's still a horrible remark to say.

Personally i don't now why Jann being gay can ruin the series, that's me speaking. Coming from someone else, it tells us a lot about what they like and dislike, and you're showing such anger towards it.