AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 10:38   Link #201
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Check raw paradise.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:28   Link #202
Poster

Spoiler for speculation:
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 21:39   Link #203
Peanutbutter

The origins of the names of the Eisui All-Girls:

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~takechan/hanasakura.htm
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 14:22   Link #204
Proto

New episode is out.

Spoiler for 58:
Old 2009-12-04, 10:36   Link #205
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
New episode is out.

Spoiler for 58:
Spoiler for opinion on ch 58:
Old 2009-12-04, 10:45   Link #206
Proto

Quote:
plus Tomoki moe.
Who was impersonating Sadako.

I will take time during the weekend to read it with care since I just skimmed over it the other day.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:29   Link #207
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Who was impersonating Sadako.

I will take time during the weekend to read it with care since I just skimmed over it the other day.
Oh yes, I forgot about that. That was also brilliant! A pity that was not animated.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:21   Link #208
Poster

No new chapter this week?
Old 2009-12-25, 16:30   Link #209
Proto

You are too greedy you know. You already got two episodes in time and you want a third one? Geez.
Old 2009-12-25, 18:25   Link #210
Poster

The sooner enough chapters are written, the sooner there can be a second season.
Old 2009-12-26, 01:52   Link #211
Proto

Oh sorry.

[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

Forgot to add those.
My de-sarcasmed reply:

The Saki mangaka is infamous for the obscene quantity of breaks she takes. The bottom line is to never actually expect the chapter to be on time, and to just imagine the series runs on an irregular schedule.
Old 2009-12-26, 11:43   Link #212
Poster

She's not Togashi level bad, is she?
Old 2010-01-08, 21:27   Link #213
Sol Falling

Holy crap, scanlations for volume 4 are finally done.

God, everything about this series is such a slow tease, though. If the scanlations actually manage to catch up, that'll be awesome, but that doesn't change the fact that it'll be years until we get enough material for another anime.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 11:31   Link #214
Peanutbutter

Ch 59 is out

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-15, 12:24   Link #215
Proto

It must be both to avoid the "our protagonist are now in another league" syndrome and leaving the previous characaters in the dust, and for the implied team they were building up in previous chapter. In the previous pages Fujita also showed some attention to Yumi and asked a game with her. And if you pay attention to the tiles and score in the table you'll notice Yumi won that game against Fujita, Hisa and Mako.

So maybe those two are in whatever scheme they are planning.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:59   Link #216
Peanutbutter

Quote:
It must be both to avoid the "our protagonist are now in another league" syndrome and leaving the previous characaters in the dust, and for the implied team they were building up in previous chapter. In the previous pages Fujita also showed some attention to Yumi and asked a game with her. And if you pay attention to the tiles and score in the table you'll notice Yumi won that game against Fujita, Hisa and Mako.

So maybe those two are in whatever scheme they are planning.
A provincial All-Stars?

I'll pick Mihoko/Yumi/Touka/Koromo/Momo, with Kana as backup.
Old 2010-01-15, 21:50   Link #217
Sol Falling

But Hisa is the awesomest of them all! I'm not happy hearing Yumi beat her (hax Saki or Koromo I guess I can accept, while Nodoka having a reasonable win percentage over her would have to be bearable. Yumi, however, is a 'normal' player just like Hisa, so they should supposedly be at the same level). I'm gonna think of it as a 'just one game' kind of thing.

Anyway, I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before (and if I have then oops--that's kinda embarassing) but does anybody else get a sort of Eyeshield 21 vibe from this manga? Or, since I'm a blatant Hisa fanboy, I'm talking specifically Hisa-Hiruma parallels here. The awesome third-year team captain who is just a normal player but dreams of going to the nationals, and has been trying to make a team at their school their entire high-school life. Both make up for their lack of special abilities through sheer strategy, and a willingness to make a gamble for the win and bet it all. I also have to say they both feature in absolutely awesome romances, though Mihoko and Mamori aren't really alike (their names both start with M though. (HxM)^2, that's kinda a weird coincidence). You can also say that Saki/Sena (whoa what the shit, lol man the manga gods are screwing with me, aren't they) play a similar role for the both of them, as the prodigal but initially reluctant first year who enables them to fulfill their dream. All in all, I think they really are quite similar (and awesome).

Anyone care? Y/N. (lol) :P Oh well, at the very least this post can serve as random plugging for Eyeshield 21.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 10:57   Link #218
Proto

Quote:
Yumi, however, is a 'normal' player just like Hisa, so they should supposedly be at the same level). I'm gonna think of it as a 'just one game' kind of thing.
Well, you said it yourself. Technically they are similarly leveled. During the individuals they had approximately a similar place (Yumi's 6th vs Hisa's 8th IIRC, coupled with Yumi's 3rd and Hisa's 6th in the preliminaries), so they would win an approximately equal number of matches (however its remarkable that she was able to win and impress Fujita pro). Personally I prefer Yumi's style of adaptive play vs Hisa's bluffs, but that's just me.
Old 2010-01-17, 23:33   Link #219
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Ch 59 is out

Spoiler:
Lol, the moment I saw this, I just immediately thought BANKAI! Jesus, these girls are so badass <__<. It's the moments like this that send chills of excitement down my spine.

Spoiler for Chapter 59:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:08   Link #220
Proto

Maybe it's something like a moment of inspiration for her. Probably like how Koromo's power is at her max during a full moon, only that her blood only boils at rarer moments or something. In any case it's nice to see that the mangaka is not forgetting about all the characters she took the time to build during the regionals, unlike what happens to many other sports series.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri