AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 7 15.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 28.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-04, 08:43   Link #181
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And then there's the holding hands...

... And then there's the blushing...

... And then there's the - ...

I'll spare Darco_emp for now, but once I get that episode...

Anyway, I can't decide whether anot to curse or praise that keen "Loli in Distress" detector of his
Oh dear, Oh dear time to seek refuge on those Chinese boards where we happy bashing Erio .

Once again the result of Erio's keen hearing got him another loli in his arms ...
Old 2007-06-04, 08:43   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Back in the system check & maintenance department- ... ok all of you stop visualising naker Rin ... *ahm* as I was saying, back then there was mention of something or another about Nanoha's attack, sounded vaguely familiar but the name kind of sounded new~ kinda~

Any info on the sequence.
Old 2007-06-04, 08:48   Link #183
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Oh dear, Oh dear time to seek refuge on those Chinese boards where we happy bashing Erio .
You're only DELUDING yourselves!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Once again the result of Erio's keen hearing got him another loli in his arms ...
His "Loli in Distress" detector is indeed fearsome

- Able to sense out Caro in distress (Being late and all )
- Able to sense that Caro is feeling worry
- Able to sense the right thing to say to Caro to make her feel better
- Able to sense that Caro was in danger (from sound stage )

How can you not like the guy?
Old 2007-06-04, 08:49   Link #184
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, if I can't get my TSAB-obliterated scenario, that's the next best thing, though that would most likely mean that the Belkas will probably be the good guys in this case. Even if it's RF6, I can't see them fighting TSAB + Scagliette head-on without some major backings.

Foreshadowing? Chrono said that A.C.E is kinda like the 3 Legendary Admirals all over again, what if they'll destroy TSAB and have to rebuild it at Episode 26?

Rebirth Through Destruction. :3
You wont believe what this episode is doing to the OC thread. We've been running from the Ion Canon day and night...

I hope more is revealed on the TSAB's history. My grande theories might need some tweaking...

Quote:
I'm sure Erio would pick up her 'distress' signal by the end of the day...

... Then we'll have some REAL fun

(If not, there's always fanfic )
I have faith in my- I mean, Kha's Page. After all, sensing disturbances in the maryoku flow is part of Velka psionic training...

That said, why don't you drop by the OC thread? You might catch me prepare a "Velka Lolis Gone Wild" with 5 lolis for Erio you know!

EDIT:
Quote:

I never knew Velka psionic training had that much... non-combat benefits.
Old 2007-06-04, 09:01   Link #185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah admittingly Erio's loli detector did interupt his date this time. But Iguess you have to take it or leave it with that ability. Having it turned off would leave him not being able to help the poor loli's that need his skills. Should be interesting to find out more about this mystery girl though, since I didn't see her coming.

Not sure if it's velka training, but a personal skill? Maybe some innate ability that goes quite well with his mage training. Hard to believe there are people out there hating Erio. He's simply trying to help people, what could be wrong with that ?
Old 2007-06-04, 09:08   Link #186
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah admittingly Erio's loli detector did interupt his date this time. But Iguess you have to take it or leave it with that ability. Having it turned off would leave him not being able to help the poor loli's that need his skills. Should be interesting to find out more about this mystery girl though, since I didn't see her coming.

Not sure if it's velka training, but a personal skill? Maybe some innate ability that goes quite well with his mage training. Hard to believe there are people out there hating Erio. He's simply trying to help people, what could be wrong with that ?
I'm not sure about interrupt... it could've been Just As Planned

They hated just for being a pimp, first with Fate, and now he's destined to have his own hard-earned harem at this rate

@ Kha:

I think I'd be looking forward to that

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-04, 09:10   Link #187
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I guess, without any evidence whatsoever, that magical ability is a bit like physical or mental ability.

There will always be someone who is extremely talented or naturally strong or smart or whatever. However, a normal person, if they desire, can possibly train themselves up to whatever level they wish, provided they are willing to put in the hours of training.

Imagine it as something like a skinny bookworm training to bodybuilder proportions. It's possible, just not easy. Also, it may require special equipment; for physical training, it's weights and such, for mental training, it's textbooks, and for magical training, it's focusing devices.

Of course, again, this is based on No Evidence Whatsoever, so I could very well be completely wrong.
In this case, I believe you are wrong, at least in a fundimental sense. It's been established in canon that what makes a person a mage is for them to be one of the rare few that have, in their bodies, a "Linker Core" which produces magical energy. It's apparently one of the reasons the TSAB allows people who are so young (9-10 years old) to be active field agents - because there are so few people who have Linker Cores that they are constantly short handed on the mages that the Bureau is built around. There's been nothing to indicate that someone who didn't have a Linker Core to start with can create one through training.

Now, we have seen people get around this "limitation", obviously. The Gadgets are machines that use Jewel Seeds as a power source in place of having an actual Linker Core, so presumably there could be a way for a person to do something vaguely similar. For example, instead of being a mage oneself, you might be able to get a device that has a preset list of spells it can cast and load it up with a Velka cartridge system to power it. (Which is why the Bureau would outlaw such devices, just as it's illegal for non-government or -military personnel to possess really powerful weapon types here.)

Frankly, I've been hoping to see some opponent of Nanoha's pull the, "You have defied me; now, your vulnerable family will pay the price!" routine, only to find that her siblings were given simpler cartridge-powered devices that are designed only to make one momentary opening in standard mage-type barriers... that moment being all those two would need to get in one of their sword school's "Finishing Moves" .
Old 2007-06-04, 09:12   Link #188
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
In this case, I believe you are wrong, at least in a fundimental sense. It's been established in canon that what makes a person a mage is for them to be one of the rare few that have, in their bodies, a "Linker Core" which produces magical energy. It's apparently one of the reasons the TSAB allows people who are so young (9-10 years old) to be active field agents - because there are so few people who have Linker Cores that they are constantly short handed on the mages that the Bureau is built around. There's been nothing to indicate that someone who didn't have a Linker Core to start with can create one through training.

Now, we have seen people get around this "limitation", obviously. The Gadgets are machines that use Jewel Seeds as a power source in place of having an actual Linker Core, so presumably there could be a way for a person to do something vaguely similar. For example, instead of being a mage oneself, you might be able to get a device that has a preset list of spells it can cast and load it up with a Velka cartridge system to power it. (Which is why the Bureau would outlaw such devices, just as it's illegal for non-government or -military personnel to possess really powerful weapon types here.)
Fair enough. Correction accepted and conceded.
Old 2007-06-04, 09:23   Link #189
carlanox

those in sg, still dare to dl nanoha raw?

darn...im dling now who cares
Old 2007-06-04, 09:35   Link #190
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanox View Post

There is always a way to get em without putting yourself at risk

@Loner
Thank you very much for the explanation ^^...who knows,Kyoya and Miyuki might be able to handle drone type 1 by themself without any device help (physical attack and some of their move actually blew up walls )

So can i assume that since the device follow their owner habit , Strada would be kind of perverted one
Strada:"Hey boss !! I detected some cute girls in the area"
Erio:"Really?"
Strada:"Let's go check em out.Sonic move!! "

Old 2007-06-04, 09:49   Link #191
JediNight
キズランダム

I've got it: Arisa and Suzuka will be abducted by the crazy professor and do genetic experiments on them. They will then gain tremendous linker-core power and be mind-controlled into a final battle with Nanoha and Co. Much FRIENDSHIP will be thrown about before they come to their senses!
Old 2007-06-04, 09:49   Link #192
Nemesis

Does strada even talk at all?
Old 2007-06-04, 09:56   Link #193
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Yep.Well, it even initiated the sonic move in Ep02

So far it has not said anything else outside combat/spell move.Erio is not shown to converse with it either like Subaru/Teana
Old 2007-06-04, 10:01   Link #194
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I've got it: Arisa and Suzuka will be abducted by the crazy professor and do genetic experiments on them. They will then gain tremendous linker-core power and be mind-controlled into a final battle with Nanoha and Co. Much FRIENDSHIP will be thrown about before they come to their senses!
I was once spectulating (nanoha withdrawal! ARGHH!)on what would happen in future episodes and thought of something similar except the character was someone else in the series(wont say who he is).

ps.whats sg?
Old 2007-06-04, 10:03   Link #195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

That said, why don't you drop by the OC thread? You might catch me prepare a "Velka Lolis Gone Wild" with 5 lolis for Erio you know!
I'm just not ready for that kind of world yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
EDIT:I never knew Velka psionic training had that much... non-combat benefits.
The force is strong with this one...

Quote:
Yeah admittingly Erio's loli detector did interupt his date this time. But I guess you have to take it or leave it with that ability. Having it turned off would leave him not being able to help the poor loli's that need his skills. Should be interesting to find out more about this mystery girl though, since I didn't see her coming.
I guess he more or less made the right choice...

... On the bright side, if Caro's unhappy about all this, I'm sure he would sense it too

Quote:
Maybe it's genetic? Something else that project F left for him

F for "Fortune"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'm not sure about interrupt... it could've been Just As Planned
Easy there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They hated just for being a pimp, first with Fate, and now he's destined to have his own hard-earned harem at this rate
He's not all that attached to Fate

Erio seriously never stop to amazed me

I can't believe how I brushed him aside just 1 month before the show started
Old 2007-06-04, 10:07   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanox View Post

The odds are alot less than when you're downloading the big shounen names... but it's still risky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
So can i assume that since the device follow their owner habit , Strada would be kind of perverted one
Strada:"Hey boss !! I detected some cute girls in the area"
Erio:"Really?"
Strada:"Let's go check em out.Sonic move!! "

"Zero no Tsukaima" For the win!

(There's a pink haired loli too... Though in my opinion, she's vastly superior )

Quote:
One-two lines in English and/or German

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Yep.Well, it even initiated the sonic move in Ep02

So far it has not said anything else outside combat/spell move.Erio is not shown to converse with it either like Subaru/Teana
It's a guy's thing

Quote:
ps.whats sg?
It's short for "Singapore".
Old 2007-06-04, 10:12   Link #197
Nemesis

Quote:

It's short for "Singapore".

dont we say S'pore instead?

ps. why is it illegal anyway?
Old 2007-06-04, 10:16   Link #198
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:

You also forgot loli protection from evil H artists.
Old 2007-06-04, 10:19   Link #199
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
dont we say S'pore instead?

ps. why is it illegal anyway?
Copyright thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
You also forgot loli protection from evil H artists.
Nono, I don't think that has anything to do with it...
Old 2007-06-04, 11:40   Link #200
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Copyright thingy
Nah, the evils that come to be when your nation is ruled by fossiles...

Anyway, my theory is that Erio is supposed to be the knight in shining white armor... well, shining white barrier jacket, perhaps. Anyway, didn't Carol call him that when she was using the Twin Boost spell in #6?

And based on medival literature (not very exciting but they tend to trigger wild imaginations, especially if you know the real history about the period they're written in), such knights are supposed to be women magnets. I mean, it seems that they'll always encounter a damsel-in-distress at every turn, as if such damsels are like mushrooms growing on the roadside.

So as such a knight, it's not strange that Erio have such luck with women, lovely ladies at that too.

Signature by liro
Closed Thread