Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-24, 12:14   Link #1
Omniscient

Episode 65 Discussion Thread

Episode 65 Screencaps and Long Summary

Spoiler for basically what happens:
Please do not discuss anything past episode 65, or else you risk a ban. Even [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags are no defense.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-25 at 03:18.
Old 2006-01-24, 12:34   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Filler! Filler! Filler!

We have been waiting for it, so it has been delivered. The overall animation quality has dwindled as well. The BGM (background music) in one place of the episode was just plain ugly. I still wouldn't say it was a bad episode because Renji is continued to be funny while Ishida shows another usefullness of carrying a sewing kit.

Spoiler:

There are other funny moments in the episode as well involving Renji. It's just that, for a Bleach episode, it felt long which is usually common in filler material. Next episode preview showed Kon, so it might be a fun episode.
Old 2006-01-24, 12:36   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:

Not a Ten-Little-Indians plot pace!
Old 2006-01-24, 13:00   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I dunno guys, I like this arc quite a lot.

BTW, in before sticky
Old 2006-01-24, 14:30   Link #5
Biswa

Oof, well, that's filler i suppose. The thing is, they're being clever about disgusing the episodes, so they always end up having some NON-filler parts. This has been true for the last episode too. So it's not something that can be considered as "it never happened." I guess it's a good thing to do that, but it means sitting through bad things =/. Anyway, i think it's important to keep comedy higher in fillers because there'll rarely be any chances for comedy in the non-filler episodes in the distant (possibly very distant) future.
Old 2006-01-24, 14:42   Link #6
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I'm really confused here guys... how can you tell that it's a filler? It looks like just a normal episode to me. Am I missing something?
Old 2006-01-24, 15:06   Link #7
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I'm really confused here guys... how can you tell that it's a filler? It looks like just a normal episode to me. Am I missing something?
Yes, what is a filler.
A filler is one or more episodes which aren't in the manga.
Old 2006-01-24, 15:17   Link #8
Biswa

Quote:
I think that's a rather good sign, then, considering you can't really tell the difference. Maybe the Bleach anime team isn't doing so bad after all, if they're producing "normal" episodes. It's just that after we read the manga, we might have different expectations of the anime, thus making it seem kind of boring. So again, if i hadn't read the manga, maybe i'd enjoy the filler episodes more.

So what you other "anime-only" watchers think? I'm pretty curious now... damn my preconceptions >_<.
Old 2006-01-24, 16:05   Link #9
KJlost

Not bad actually. The episode got me interested in what might happen next. I don't think the animation quality has suffered much at all either.
Old 2006-01-24, 16:48   Link #10
Blade21

Let's put it like this;

Basicly the outro of Bleach shows us that these guys are going to be a while with us. It also reveals surprisingly much about the ppl that are behind te kidnappings.

I'm not going to complain at this moment about the episode, sinds i haven't got the translated one yet. But judging from the previous episode it won't be as bad as Naruto. Rather than seeing big shot fights like the previous arc we can finally relax a littlebit from all those high-level fights.
Old 2006-01-24, 17:03   Link #11
The Crappinometer
Haruhiist For Life

Send a message via Yahoo to The Crappinometer
black cat rejects! black cat rejects! XD
Old 2006-01-24, 19:12   Link #12
yuchan

Well the highlight of this ep for me was chad in his news clothes. He looked really good in the the and white. Kubo should take a cue and never make him wear pink!
Old 2006-01-24, 19:50   Link #13
Nakigoe
Custom User Title? OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
So what you other "anime-only" watchers think? I'm pretty curious now... damn my preconceptions >_<.
if i didnt visit these forums, i wouldnt even know that it was filler. it transitions beautifully.
Old 2006-01-24, 20:01   Link #14
Kaka
罪人クロノ

didn't like this episode

i especially get annoyed when seeing those kind of "games"
Old 2006-01-24, 20:04   Link #15
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Very good sign. :clap: You aren't missing anything, do carry on and ignore these...manga-nerds :cough:

So fairly average bordering good episode? I'm definitely watching it then.
Old 2006-01-24, 20:49   Link #16
Goldsplinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Very good sign. :clap: You aren't missing anything, do carry on and ignore these...manga-nerds :cough:

So fairly average bordering good episode? I'm definitely watching it then.
Manga-nerds..lol....yeah they all do look kinda nerdy. But love for every1!
Old 2006-01-25, 02:29   Link #17
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

im loving the fillers, the team is doing a great job so far!

this is a great opportunity to flesh out the huge cast of bleach characters, who knows... if the manga goes far enough,it'd be possible for the anime team to actually do side stories that would correlate with the current manga arc in future episodes.

i.e. what other characters were doing prior to the current manga arc or concurrent to it.
Old 2006-01-25, 02:43   Link #18
Eclipze

Now now, boys and girls, I think we should call it "original story" instead of "filler" for now. Until it sucks.

Even NSW agrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
And maybe it will help dispell some of the bad publicity around the f-word. Of course, if this original story sucks, I'm switching back to the f-word in a hurry.

And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Please do not discuss anything past episode 64, or else you risk a ban. Even [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags are no defense.
Dont you mean episode 65?

And as The Small One says, its an "original story", so unless someone were to foolishly talk about the manga, I dont see how the fil..."original story" can be spoiled.
Old 2006-01-25, 03:19   Link #19
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Now now, boys and girls, I think we should call it "original story" instead of "filler" for now. Until it sucks.
Thanks for reminding everyone. I've just finished downloading the episode, so I'll go find out now if this original story should be referred to by the f-word.

Quote:
And as The Small One says, its an "original story", so unless someone were to foolishly talk about the manga, I dont see how the fil..."original story" can be spoiled.
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to talk about the manga here, even though this story is original. I'll just keep the ban stick ready to hit people with if they are so foolish.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-25, 03:44   Link #20
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Meh, Im so sick of Lunar taking a decade to release a sub that I've switched to DB.
Closed Thread