AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-28, 21:28   Link #1
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
LCD Monitor Blurryness

I got this problem with my LCD Monitor Recently an Acer AL1916W, I really hope this doesnt mean LCD death I only had this forl ike 8 months so far.....and I tend to trust in the Acer brand.

Here is a Pic should explain everything

Note the icons and the WIndows Xp text and logo..

Also the program running called Cyriak is FFXI i dunno if the game running has anything to do with it

I also trying to adjust the monitor setting but while the general brightness or contrast of the screen changed the blur was still there.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:13   Link #2
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
FYI, a screen shot isn't going to show a problem with the monitor...

Make sure you're running at the native resolution of the monitor.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:19   Link #3
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
yeah it is at it's native resolution (1440x900) i just used that Wallpaper to show the blurriness.

So what would show you guys the problem ?
Old 2008-02-28, 22:39   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If you can take a picture of it with a camera that might help, but make sure that the camera doesn't contribute to any blur ;P (take the picture in well-lit conditions and try to steady yourself against something while taking the picture. Turn the flash off, too)

Does your monitor have an "auto adjust" button or function? One of my older LCDs had a button to do that. It'd shift the image around the screen and adjust the sharpness - always fixed it perfectly. My newer LCD doesn't have that, but it doesn't seem to need it, either.
Old 2008-02-28, 22:47   Link #5
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Well i will try the auto adjust if no improvements ill take a pic.
Old 2008-02-28, 22:56   Link #6
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If you can take a picture of it with a camera that might help, but make sure that the camera doesn't contribute to any blur ;P (take the picture in well-lit conditions and try to steady yourself against something while taking the picture. Turn the flash off, too)

Does your monitor have an "auto adjust" button or function? One of my older LCDs had a button to do that. It'd shift the image around the screen and adjust the sharpness - always fixed it perfectly. My newer LCD doesn't have that, but it doesn't seem to need it, either.
Hehe, I don't remember too many instances when someone asking for help actually successful took a useable photograph. The "auto adjust" function I believe only works when you have an analog connection to the (LCD) monitor.

No offence to you or anything about the photographing mxg, it just reminded me of something really funny. In any case, taking an image of the physical screen is the only way for us to see what you're seeing, as Ledgem pointed out. But I suspect it'll be a problem with the settings on your video card than the monitor, because LCDs have fixed pixels that should exclude it from any real physical problems like blurred output. Unless uh, it has some time of signal processing damage?
Old 2008-02-29, 16:11   Link #7
Sci-Fi

Go to Acer and d/l the AL1916W driver :
http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...r/al1916w.html

And/Or update your GFX drivers to the latest version.

Know a few nVidia owners that had to use the beta drivers, but check with the tech dept of the video card you own.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:57   Link #8
arcadeplayer987

Are you using the VGA or DVI?? If you are using the analog, swich to digital and the quality of the image will be much better
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 16:56   Link #9
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Atm I am using DVI here is a screen shot with Digi cam as good as I can get it, look at the start menu and the windows XP logo. I reinstalled the drivers I did a fresh clean install because I used Driver cleaner pro.

Hers is the digi cam shot.

Old 2008-03-05, 14:53   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

Everything seems to be blurred to me. Take a new pic.
Old 2008-03-11, 20:22   Link #11
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

are you talking about the ghosting blur?

try and change the resolution.

sometimes its also caused by the analog input. can you change to DVI?

anway, mess around with your graphics card's settings some, mine does that
only on certain resolutions

make sure u have ur monitors analog driver installed if its on analog
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 20:56   Link #12
Nutcracker262000
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Nutcracker262000
Well, you can try to increase your LCD's refresh rate, some times the default setting might not fit. That fixed the blurriness on an old Nokia LCD screen.
Old 2008-03-20, 21:11   Link #13
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
Are you using the VGA or DVI?? If you are using the analog, swich to digital and the quality of the image will be much better
This is my guess: A poor VGA connection/signal. Is DVI available?

Edit: I just realized that I replied to an old topic with advice that has already been given. To bed with me!

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2008-03-20 at 23:25.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 01:07   Link #14
mAcOdIn

Might want to check what your supported refresh rates for your monitor are and what the refresh rate is set at in windows. My LCD can supposedly go to 85mhz, 60 is the recommended, but 85 looks blurry as hell, which is why my manufacturer (NEC) probably recommended 60hz when I bought it. Try a lower refresh rate, on LCD's it's not near as bad as the CRT's, but if you use V-sync in your video games you'll suffer a frame rate loss as V-Sync caps your FPS to your refresh rate.

Edit: So basically my suggestion is the opposite of Nutcracker262000.
mAcOdIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 17:15   Link #15
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Uh... I think it's your monitor quality. Acer isn't really a top notch brand for monitors, kind of low range IMO. The top brands I have heard/experienced is HP, Samsung, Viewsonic, and Dell. There could be others, but these four are pretty good in my opinion.