AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 05:58   Link #61
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
The tsundere-type personality can exist in real life.

Given that it's plausible that a girl can hate you at first, and then later fall for you. It's a matter of how you act around her and what you do to get towards that final stage.

Of course, a 'true' tsundere is something I haven't seen yet.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 15:54   Link #62
Nintendo Maniac 64

And what is this 'true' tsundere you speak of?

Do you mean the modern 'tsundere' definition?
Old 2010-12-11, 10:13   Link #63
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Gee... am I the only guy here who has dated a Tsundere and enjoyed it?

Sure getting to know her is a real pain, but once you know her buttons it's a blast. You lead the conversation so you can make a comment that you know will set her off. She starts raging at you and you just play along until you can't hide your smile anymore. You start grinning and she's all confused, but then she starts to get that you've been doing this on purpose (you need a smart Tsundere, dumb Tsundere are no fun at all), then of course she's even madder at you (but usually more willing to forgive).

Oh boy,this is the story of my childhood,you see I consider my mom a real life tsundere , which is why I guess I'm attracted to them in anime.
And what you described happened quite often with my dad,she'd go "will you stop smiling!It's not funny",by the time I was older she'd pretty much caught on so it didn't happen as much but from stories I heard my dad knew just what buttons to push and when.

She was very Tsun in public,her nickname was "mother superior" and people were quite uptight around her,as a business woman that reputation kinda helped her.She even was a bit violent as a highscooler (was suspended a few times for getting into fights).While she was popular with guys,she never managed to keep one for a long time because of her personality.

But in private she had a great Dere side that few people knew,she got more and more Dere as she got older,it surprised a few people.

I have lots of random stories but I think I'll spare you the details!
Old 2010-12-11, 10:28   Link #64
Nihokon

I haven't seen any of them yet.

But I know someone who 'claimed' to be a tsundere. >_>
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:39   Link #65
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Well i have few friend that tsundere (by mean by tsundere is that person is sometimes sweet or genki and very short tempered) albeit not as vicious as on the anime. (shouting a lot, punching, ETC)

amazingly this apply both girl and boy in my school (50:50)

also people call me tsundere despite i am more to kuudere
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:52   Link #66
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Oh boy,this is the story of my childhood,you see I consider my mom a real life tsundere , which is why I guess I'm attracted to them in anime.
And what you described happened quite often with my dad,she'd go "will you stop smiling!It's not funny",by the time I was older she'd pretty much caught on so it didn't happen as much but from stories I heard my dad knew just what buttons to push and when.

She was very Tsun in public,her nickname was "mother superior" and people were quite uptight around her,as a business woman that reputation kinda helped her.She even was a bit violent as a highscooler (was suspended a few times for getting into fights).While she was popular with guys,she never managed to keep one for a long time because of her personality.

But in private she had a great Dere side that few people knew,she got more and more Dere as she got older,it surprised a few people.

I have lots of random stories but I think I'll spare you the details!
Your post so made me think of this comic:

MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:55   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

wow, who made a comic of my wife? (except for the height and hair color anyway)
Old 2010-12-11, 21:40   Link #68
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Well a Tsunadere is techinically a female protagnist who hates the main character at first them falls in love with them. So its safe to say that a Tsunadere exists in the real world. Now manga and anime artists versions of tsunaderes don't really exist. And yes I do generally find tsunaderes annoying. I prefr more calm level headed women.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:05   Link #69
Nintendo Maniac 64

I just had a tsundere session with my dad an hour ago for 2-some hours on buying a few things from amazon. I learned my early computer skills from him, but now I swear the guy is going senile.
Old 2010-12-12, 00:25   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Well a Tsunadere is techinically a female protagnist who hates the main character at first them falls in love with them. So its safe to say that a Tsunadere exists in the real world. Now manga and anime artists versions of tsunaderes don't really exist. And yes I do generally find tsunaderes annoying. I prefr more calm level headed women.
"Technically" there are several constructs of tsundere these days (rather than just the old linear one you mention) - but there have been several threads already discussing that and some wikis that delineate the various types. Another type is the "Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside" type.
Old 2010-12-12, 05:30   Link #71
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
A tsundere for me is a girl who plays it like a feminist but as soon as someone bitchslaps her, she gets the hots for him and becomes a passive sheep. Mostly used in teen male targeted works.

In real life? Well, how about nuns? To them sex is a sin and they need to spend their lives as virgins, married only to the Lord. As much as someone can control his hormones, not getting any for 70 years can make you quite cranky if you ask me.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 05:36   Link #72
Nintendo Maniac 64

Uh, yeah...

That's not really how tsundere work.
Old 2010-12-12, 12:41   Link #73
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Isn't any girl who's got a bit of a superiority complex tsundere? And any girl who is a bit arrogant sometimes?

Especially smart or beautiful (or both) girls will be tsundere, because they'll try to hide their intelligence/beauty.

Would love to have a tsundere for a girlfriend.
Old 2010-12-12, 12:53   Link #74
christinemarie
Crazy One

My 3D sister is a tsundere (reality). But most of the time, tsundere personality is very prominent in ages 5-10; 60+ and also in pregnant women.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:18   Link #75
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Cats are all pretty much tsundere.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:43   Link #76
kramerica

I had a boss that was kinda tsundere. She was normally a strict, no-nonsense person. Seemed a little hard to warm up to. But on my last day, there was a small party for me, cake and all. And then I found out it was my boss that decided to throw this. She was all like "I just got this cake because I knew you like chocolate so much!"

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 14:42   Link #77
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
A tsundere for me is a girl who plays it like a feminist but as soon as someone bitchslaps her, she gets the hots for him and becomes a passive sheep. Mostly used in teen male targeted works.
Uh, what?

It's extremely common for a tsunderes to maintain their "tsun" side over the long run.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 17:26   Link #78
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
But most of the time, tsundere personality is very prominent in ages 5-10; 60+ and also in pregnant women.
I see this as more applying to the loli-tsundere type (Taiga Aisaka, Shana) rather than the older, more aloof type (perhaps with some kuudere mixed in) such as Rin Tohsaka or Tsugumi (Ever17).

There might also be a 3rd "bitch" type of tsundere as well (Naru Narusegawa and Asuka Langley come to mind, Kyou Fujibayashi may also qualify) which is possibly an alternate non-loli-tsundere archetype.

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2010-12-14 at 04:05.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 13:21   Link #79
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaerul View Post
Wondering if it is possible for girls and boys to behave in the tsundere archetype in natural RL relationships. Unfortunately I have not had the grace to have had a girl ever hate me and like me at the same time.

If they don't follow the anime-like patterns exactly, perhaps they exhibit fragments of the tsundere personality? Thoughts

Just for fun.
Yes.

I am a tsundere, of the Kyou Fujibayashi type, but not quite as violent.

I get blushy and embarrassed when my girlfriend is affectionate or doting in public, I'm often snarky and sometimes curt with her as a result.

But when there's nobody watching, I can and will be very deredere.

It's not so much "hating and liking" as it is about embarrassment and uncomfy feelings when eyes are upon us. I suppose I handle it better than the true "tsundere" manga and anime characters, because unlike them I'm actually aware I act this way, I just either can't help it or continue to act this way because it's within my comfort zone. Who knows?
Old 2010-12-13, 14:25   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A lot of people seem to miss the fact that "tsun" is a *shield* that covers underlying "dere". Its like an difficult puzzle with a prize inside in one sense. In real life, the puzzle often regenerates itself in part if you don't pay attention Even then, the shield is up for some and down for others.