AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-20, 10:03   Link #521
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I loved how they integrated the field trip here and there, that was a really good idea. Kyoani could have used some better foreshadowing in Clannad. One thing this studio is doing much better.
Old 2013-10-21, 00:07   Link #522
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To begin with, Refrain can be compressed into 6 episodes. It is really short and doesn't need a slow build up if you start right after Rin2 anyway. That's why I don't get why people expected 26 episode just for Yuiko, Rin and Refrain and that was before EX was announced.
In fact, it should have been reworked so the extra episode would be allocated to the first "season" considering how the common route and some heroines got shafted.
6 Episodes might be enough for Refrain, but are 4 episodes really enough for Rin?
Old 2013-10-21, 01:28   Link #523
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

3 is plenty enough for Rin in my opinion. There's not that much going on, it's largely a prelude to Refrain.
Old 2013-10-21, 05:22   Link #524
Zankoku12

I don't even get why they would let Rin have 4 episodes while her route is the shortest in the VN even with Rin1 and Rin2 combined....I do hope they aren't planning to add any new potentially mess up flavors in Rin's arc for the sake of Riki and Rin's relationship development.
Old 2013-10-21, 14:58   Link #525
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Where have people been getting that Rin's arc is 4 episodes? I thought only the episode titles up 6 were available. I'd assume 3 episodes for Rin 2, and 7 for Refrain.
Old 2013-10-21, 17:33   Link #526
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Well, at the very least, the arcs with Kengo, Masato, and Kyousuke will take one full episode each, and that's hardly touching the main Refrain material. (i.e. The "Little Busters" chapter)
Old 2013-10-21, 20:43   Link #527
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Where have people been getting that Rin's arc is 4 episodes? I thought only the episode titles up 6 were available. I'd assume 3 episodes for Rin 2, and 7 for Refrain.
At some point during the first season's run, I can't remember if it was through twitter or not, the fans were told that all of the character ars would be three episodes long except for one, which would be four. Unless they meant Kud (who -technically- had four episodes, but with Rin common route between the first two), it would have to be Rin!
Old 2013-10-21, 22:23   Link #528
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
I was just going with Klashikaris estimate. 6 episodes for Refrain, Kurugaya already had 3, which leaves 4.
Old 2013-10-22, 17:32   Link #529
MCAL

Quote:
The description for episode 4 is the Rin confession and the description for episode 5 is the school tour (Which I predict would end with Riki finding Kyousuke with Lennon). To fill the rest up in one episode seems excessive (Though not entirely impossible).

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-22 at 23:45.
Old 2013-10-22, 18:12   Link #530
Snuffle
likes cute things

I thought Saya's arc was going to be 4 eps, since they have to introduce her and stuff...

Kick the can is still left so that could maybe play out right before Rin's arc for half an episode just like they did for Anego with the pancake party. I'll be sad if Masato's arc is only 1 ep... (hoping for 2) that was my favorite part of Refrain.
Old 2013-10-23, 14:16   Link #531
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
The description for episode 4 is the Rin confession and the description for episode 5 is the school tour (Which I predict would end with Riki finding Kyousuke with Lennon). To fill the rest up in one episode seems excessive (Though not entirely impossible).
I was thinking the same. I think it'll be hard to do Rin's route in only 3 episodes. Maybe they'll combine the last episode of Rin's route with the beginning of refrain? I think they'll do it like this:

Episode 4:
- Rin takes care of a dying cat and Kyousuke tells Riki that he's still too weak;
- Suginami's love letter;
- Rin's confession;
- Riki and Rin tell everyone that they're going out;
- Lennon arrives with a new letter;
- Rin and Riki offer to show around the assembly member;
- Riki questions how Lennon's master knows about everything that's going to happen.

Episode 5:
- The LB members teach Riki and Rin etiquettes;
- Riki and Rin show around the assembly member;
- Rin tells the LB that she might have to go to another school;
- Riki realizes that he really loves Rin and then tells her to go to the other school, hoping that she'll grow and realize what love is;
- Riki follows Lennon and finds Kyousuke;
- Rin goes to the other school.

Episode 6:
- Rin becomes lonely/depressed and is only able to contact Riki;
- Riki convinces Kyousuke to let Rin come back during the weekend;
- Rin comes back, but is wary of everyone but Riki;
- Kengo tells Riki that running away will make him and Rin end up in darkness;
- Riki/Kengo vs Kyousuke/Masato match;
- Riki runs away with Rin.

Episode 7:
- Riki and Rin living in her grandpa's house;
- Bad end;
- Riki vows to become stronger;
- refrain loop starts.
Old 2013-10-23, 14:47   Link #532
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well if what you guys are saying is true, that's a little concerning. It's been awhile since I read refrain, so I don't quite remember if they can fit the most essential parts of refrain in. Presumably if they are going to adapt the "true end" that may take an entire episode in its own right. Not sure how many episodes they can end up delegating to masato/kengo/kyousuke each out of the rest.
Old 2013-10-24, 18:47   Link #533
Deathscyther

Quote:
Well if what you guys are saying is true, that's a little concerning. It's been awhile since I read refrain, so I don't quite remember if they can fit the most essential parts of refrain in. Presumably if they are going to adapt the "true end" that may take an entire episode in its own right. Not sure how many episodes they can end up delegating to masato/kengo/kyousuke each out of the rest.
I fear that some good scences will have to be left out in all possible situations (3 Rin - 7 refrain; 3.5 Rin - 6.5 Refrain; 4 Rin - 6 Refrain) though. I think 4 episodes for Rin and 7 episodes for Refrain would have been perfect. Masato/Kengo/Kyousuke will probably get 1 episode each. One full episode for Kyousuke's episode might be too much though, while I think that Kengo's episode is the longest, so that one might need a bit more than 1 episode.

Personally, I think they should go for 3.5 episodes for Rin and 6.5 episodes for Refrain:
- episodes 4-6: as I said in my previous post;
- episode 7: Most of Riki/Rin living in her grandpa's house will be cut. Bad end halfway in the episode. Refrain loop starts in the second half of the episode;
- episode 8: catchball + Riki restarting the LB + Masato/Kengo leaving;
- episode 9: episode Masato;
- episode 10: episode Kengo;
- episode 11: episode Kyousuke (+ maybe end of episode kengo or the beginning of last episode: little busters)
- episode 12: last episode: little busters + end;
- episode 13: Riki/Rin going back into dream world + true end + epilogue.
Old 2013-10-26, 11:56   Link #534
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Well, Rin's confession was just as awkward as it was in the game

I wish they didn't spend as much time on the actual relationship, though... would have liked getting a little further with the Final Task... I guess they're trying to hype us up for the rest of the Rin arc for major feels later?

THIS was a nice touch though.
Old 2013-10-26, 14:34   Link #535
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wonder how many times I can flip off JC Staff for this stupid move...hmmm...I'm betting on a lot.

Let's start now.
Spoiler for To JC Staff:

Oh and BTW, to MCAL:
Clannad had a clear final girl...the whole of the main plot centered around her and their kid. LB on the other hand never had a final girl (unless you pick a certain option in Refrain), romance never played a big part in the overall plot of Refrain. So keeping the romance for Rin and not the other girls IS a ridiculously stupid move.
Old 2013-10-26, 16:23   Link #536
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh and BTW, to MCAL:
Clannad had a clear final girl...the whole of the main plot centered around her and their kid. LB on the other hand never had a final girl (unless you pick a certain option in Refrain), romance never played a big part in the overall plot of Refrain. So keeping the romance for Rin and not the other girls IS a ridiculously stupid move.
Refrain is for all intents and purposes a continuation of Rin's route, which makes her the main girl clear and simple.

The only thing ridiculous is the absurd level of JC Staff bashing. Everybody and their dog can't go one episode without saying JC Staff sucks or JC Staff is stupid.
Old 2013-10-26, 16:26   Link #537
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Refrain is for all intents and purposes a continuation of Rin's route, which makes her the main girl clear and simple.
Refrain is all about Riki and Rin who grew up after so many loops. The romance in there is almost the weakest among all girls to begin with.
In fact, it isn't even surprising that refrain had a "non romance/harem-ish" version, despite being "Rin centred".
Old 2013-10-26, 16:35   Link #538
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Refrain is all about Riki and Rin who grew up after so many loops. The romance in there is almost the weakest among all girls to begin with.
In fact, it isn't even surprising that refrain had a "non romance/harem-ish" version, despite being "Rin centred".
I'm not denying the romance is weak. In fact I found it laughable myself, (I like Riki with Kurugaya, hell even Kud has better romantic chemistry) but that doesn't make JC Staff stupid for keeping it in.
Old 2013-10-26, 16:41   Link #539
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So first people were up in arms that they weren't quite sticking as faithfully to the source as possible, and now people are up in arms because they are?

For fuck's sake, people.
Old 2013-10-26, 17:19   Link #540
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
No, Refrain is the final route...if anything it's the Original Little Busters Route because it mainly focuses on the original LB group. The only link between Rin's route and Refrain is Rin's initial state of mind in Refrain (a result of the end of Rin2).

Again, Rin is NOT the final girl (unless you pick her in one of the Refrain options)...there IS NO final girl in LB. This isn't Clannad where the main story is focused on the MC's relationship with a single girl.

Quote:
I'm not denying the romance is weak. In fact I found it laughable myself, (I like Riki with Kurugaya, hell even Kud has better romantic chemistry) but that doesn't make JC Staff stupid for keeping it in.
It makes them inconsistent which is one of the biggest sins in adaptations.
People don't bash JC Staff because "Erp Derp I need something to bash lolz" but because they feel that JC Staff has done something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So first people were up in arms that they weren't quite sticking as faithfully to the source as possible, and now people are up in arms because they are?

For fuck's sake, people.
The problem isn't that they are being "faithful" to the VN...the problem is that they are only doing that for Rin AFTER changing the rest of the girls routes.
If you're going to take out the romance then fine...but do it for EVERY girl.
Closed Thread