AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-03, 20:15   Link #1
SidSavage

Anyone Fansubbing Mousou Dairinin (Paranoia Agent)?

I really want to check this new tv series out! This new show has got some big people working on it.

It has the director of Perfect Blue & Millenium Actress, the character designer of Princess Mononoke & Spirited Away, and animation production done by Madhouse studios!
Old 2004-02-03, 22:53   Link #2
oDin01

Geneon USA has been credited on the official site and credits for Paranoia Agent. I would say that its been licenced so I don't know why Animsuki still doesn't list it as being so.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:53   Link #3
Kamui-
F4

Credited doesn't mean it's been licensed period, but yeah, it's going to be licensed sooner or later.
Old 2004-02-04, 13:06   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui-
Credited doesn't mean it's been licensed period, but yeah, it's going to be licensed sooner or later.
It's a pretty sure fact that it is licensed... since it's credited to the US division of Geneon. They just haven't announced the license and/or not finalized it yet. If you were a licensing company, and you invested in an anime, would you really not want to license it?
Old 2004-02-05, 18:00   Link #5
Tellu54
Banned

If it were Paranoia Agent, maybe. This one's not gonna do well in the states.
Old 2004-02-05, 20:32   Link #6
Kamui-
F4

Anime-Kraze will be working on this new series, and we hope to have a release everyweek on this, but don't expect really fast subs since we are not doing this at any faster pace than our other projects. So stay tuned
Old 2004-02-05, 22:50   Link #7
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Yay, a-kraze. Proof that fansubbing has gone in the shitter.

Every show that Geneon USA has funded has shown up on DVD. I don't believe Mousou is any exception.
Old 2004-02-06, 10:27   Link #8
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

It's always fun to read Microlith's caustic remarks every morning.
Old 2004-02-06, 15:24   Link #9
aroq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui-
Anime-Kraze will be working on this new series, and we hope to have a release everyweek on this, but don't expect really fast subs since we are not doing this at any faster pace than our other projects. So stay tuned
Kamui! Thanks sooo much, Anime-Kraze's work is appreciated! Konheads everywhere salute you!
Old 2004-02-06, 15:28   Link #10
Tellu54
Banned

Oh no, some person I've never seen before doesn't like me! :quelches in dispair:

Anyway, Mousou is... a unique show. Many similarities to Lain, but more crackheaded. Only time will tell if it has as much going on.
Old 2004-02-06, 18:05   Link #11
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I saw AJ release it just a bit ago...
Old 2004-02-06, 20:08   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
Oh no, some person I've never seen before doesn't like me! :quelches in dispair:

Anyway, Mousou is... a unique show. Many similarities to Lain, but more crackheaded. Only time will tell if it has as much going on.
What do you expect from Kon Satoshi?

Anyhow, I videotaped the WOWOW broadcasted anime on Monday and totally forgot about it until yesterday at dinner....(shows how much I've been playing "Fate/stay night").

The OP creeped me out with everyone laughing, but it turns out that the story seems to be quite promising...in those "negative social emotions" kind of way.

And yes, I noticed the GENEON USA credit at the end. Along with "Shingetsutan Tsukihime," "Ai Yori Aoshi," I expect this one should be released in your country as well by the American division of Geneon Entertainment.
Old 2004-02-06, 21:48   Link #13
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
What do you expect from Kon Satoshi?

Anyhow, I videotaped the WOWOW broadcasted anime on Monday and totally forgot about it until yesterday at dinner....(shows how much I've been playing "Fate/stay night").

The OP creeped me out with everyone laughing, but it turns out that the story seems to be quite promising...in those "negative social emotions" kind of way.

And yes, I noticed the GENEON USA credit at the end. Along with "Shingetsutan Tsukihime," "Ai Yori Aoshi," I expect this one should be released in your country as well by the American division of Geneon Entertainment.
I believe only Geneon Entertainment was credited in the Tsuki credits (at least the opening credits), not Geneon USA, although they are all in Rondo Robe's list.
Old 2004-02-07, 03:31   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Since the show does have Geneon USA in the credits, we are treating it as being licensed. Closing thread.

If you want to discuss the series, then please use the Mousou Dairinin thread in the DVD & Licensed forum.
Closed Thread