AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-24, 13:41   Link #17501
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiria View Post
Hey guys~ I know I've been gone for a looong looooong while and I don't know if people here still remembers me but it's good to be back. Hiria is back.

I have lots to catch up to and I'm really happy to be back here. I went MIA for a long time and I missed the people here. ^^

Hope to see you guys around more now.
I'm new here, so I don't know who you are, but welcome back just the same. Seeing your user title reminded me of an idea I once had, so I quickly wrote it up:

Spoiler for Some Suzuka/Alisa:

I've been wanting to do something for Suzuka for awhile now, since I felt bad about giving her the shaft in my one fic to let Alisa and Yuuno have time alone. It'd be too short to put up on FF.net alone, but now I can post it here!

EDIT: Uh... this is when I'm supposed to do that page claim thing, right? So page claim for Suzuka, I guess.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:50   Link #17502
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'm new here, so I don't know who you are, but welcome back just the same. Seeing your user title reminded me of an idea I once had, so I quickly wrote it up:

Spoiler for Some Suzuka/Alisa:

I've been wanting to do something for Suzuka for awhile now, since I felt bad about giving her the shaft in my one fic to let Alisa and Yuuno have time alone. It'd be too short to put up on FF.net alone, but now I can post it here!

EDIT: Uh... this is when I'm supposed to do that page claim thing, right? So page claim for Suzuka, I guess.
Nice short, 00. We need a little bit of AlisaxSuzuka.... XD

For the page claim...you did great!
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:53   Link #17503
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS Chapter 1 (AS rough draft)
Spoiler for Alternatives 2-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-2:
Spoiler for Alternatives 2-3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-4:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 15:33   Link #17504
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That's the spirit. I have to ask, how much of A's have you watched and when was the last time you watched it?
I've watched all of it, it's just been a while. If I need information from the series, I'll normally go back and watch the part in question.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 15:36   Link #17505
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiria View Post
Hey guys~ I know I've been gone for a looong looooong while and I don't know if people here still remembers me but it's good to be back. Hiria is back.

I have lots to catch up to and I'm really happy to be back here. I went MIA for a long time and I missed the people here. ^^

Hope to see you guys around more now.
*waves* Hello again!

*eyes your title*

Good one! *thumbs up!*
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 15:57   Link #17506
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*Hugs Fate*

There, there. Satashi is is going to make everything better....

*laughs*

Anyway, Animal Instincts Chapter 2: Melancholy Voices from Distant Memories is finished! XD

Previous:

Animal Instincts: Preface
Animal Instincts: Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Spoiler for Animal Instincts-Chapter 2: Melancholy Voices from Distant Memories:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-25 at 17:19.
Old 2009-10-24, 16:41   Link #17507
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
ficcy
well I decided just to hop in the middle here and see what was going on. I read the part where Fate took Nanoha in and they were playing with Arf till the end of post. It was interesting :3

I'm not going to comment on things I don't know, since I didn't read the first bit. Instead, I'll just say this: They go through emotions like a train wreck. One second Fate is nervous, then scared, then she's happy, then she's sad, then she's laughing so hard she falls off the couch, then sad again, then happy, then crying, then......wow. Just wow.

That's the only thing I noticed. Your writing is good, it flows well, and I didn't notice any grammar errors (though that's not much coming from me.)

I would read this, but right now the only thing stopping me is that the characters seem a little to emotionally spastic. Like they're about to confess their deepest secrets, then hide from them, then laugh, ect. I can't really connect with the mood you're trying to put in. I'd pick one or two and stick with it. Awkward for sure, and the second mood would sad. You can connect all the sad parts to the awkwardness very easily, and little smiles along the way would transition between topics and stuff.

Not saying you should re-write the scene, but toning down the emotional outburst would be a plus. Remember, the girls just met each other, there is plenty of time to work in their past and feelings. Take your time <3
Old 2009-10-24, 16:51   Link #17508
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
well I decided just to hop in the middle here and see what was going on. I read the part where Fate took Nanoha in and they were playing with Arf till the end of post. It was interesting :3

I'm not going to comment on things I don't know, since I didn't read the first bit. Instead, I'll just say this: They go through emotions like a train wreck. One second Fate is nervous, then scared, then she's happy, then she's sad, then she's laughing so hard she falls off the couch, then sad again, then happy, then crying, then......wow. Just wow.

That's the only thing I noticed. Your writing is good, it flows well, and I didn't notice any grammar errors (though that's not much coming from me.)

I would read this, but right now the only thing stopping me is that the characters seem a little to emotionally spastic. Like they're about to confess their deepest secrets, then hide from them, then laugh, ect. I can't really connect with the mood you're trying to put in. I'd pick one or two and stick with it. Awkward for sure, and the second mood would sad. You can connect all the sad parts to the awkwardness very easily, and little smiles along the way would transition between topics and stuff.

Not saying you should re-write the scene, but toning down the emotional outburst would be a plus. Remember, the girls just met each other, there is plenty of time to work in their past and feelings. Take your time <3
Thank you, Satashi. I was also thinking the same thing when I was re-writing this chapter. If you thought their emotions were like train tracks now then you should have read the original chapter; it was a nuclear meltdown! I'll go back and see if I can at least tone it down a bit before posting it on ff.net. Again, thanks!
Old 2009-10-24, 16:59   Link #17509
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Thank you, Satashi. I was also thinking the same thing when I was re-writing this chapter. If you thought their emotions were like train tracks now then you should have read the original chapter; it was a nuclear meltdown! I'll go back and see if I can at least tone it down a bit before posting it on ff.net. Again, thanks!
XD glad to help <3 Hope it goes well for you ^_^
Old 2009-10-24, 20:52   Link #17510
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-5:
Old 2009-10-24, 21:04   Link #17511
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Of all the times you could have left a good cliffhanger, you leave it NOW...HOW DARE YOU!!! I almost choked on my easymac when I read the last line....
Old 2009-10-24, 21:05   Link #17512
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Of all the times you could have left a good cliffhanger, you leave it NOW...HOW DARE YOU!!! I almost choked on my easymac when I read the last line....
Cliffhanger? ME!? Never! when have aI ever left at a cliffhanger? *halo*~

[EDIT] Easymac=win
Old 2009-10-24, 21:07   Link #17513
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
This is a different story then my Crisis series, where I plan to go into some backstory on the Wolkenritter and the Tome of the Night Sky. Although it can be considered a bit of a sidestory to my Crisis story.

Currently a rough draft, looking for feedback:

Spoiler for Recollections of a Lost Age, Chapter 1: Memory Reinforcement:

Edit: Fixed up some grammar errors and made a few parts easier reading. I think that draft was a bit too rough... Oh, also would appreciate if people let me know if this section felt too long or too short. I'm trying to get a feel for a decent chapter size.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2009-10-24 at 21:34.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:11   Link #17514
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Fate's only digging herself a deeper and deeper grave, it looks like. =X

Strangely, though, I can't really see Fate's Nanoha getting upset with alternate!Nanoha for falling for Fate.
Old 2009-10-24, 21:16   Link #17515
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Cliffhanger? ME!? Never! when have aI ever left at a cliffhanger? *halo*~

[EDIT] Easymac=win
@Satashi: Don't you act all innocent with me! But yeah, Easymacs are my life... :3 And on a side note: *coughupdatecough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This is a different story then my Crisis series, where I plan to go into some backstory on the Wolkenritter and the Tome of the Night Sky. Although it can be considered a bit of a sidestory to my Crisis story.

Currently a rough draft, looking for feedback:
Spoiler for Comment for Kaijo's fic....:

Quote:
Fate's only digging herself a deeper and deeper grave, it looks like. =X

Strangely, though, I can't really see Fate's Nanoha getting upset with alternate!Nanoha for falling for Fate.
Here, here! I completely agree!
Old 2009-10-24, 21:37   Link #17516
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Spoiler for Comment for Kaijo's fic....:
Yes, kinda. It's probably more accurate to say it's about the Tome of the Night Sky/Book of Darkness and the Wolkenritter, of which I consider Rein to be a part.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 22:44   Link #17517
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I rather liked these, though I think maybe Nanoha's being just a little too accepting.

Still very good.

Thanks, Satashi, I needed something to look at after working for 10 hours today.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 23:03   Link #17518
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I rather liked these, though I think maybe Nanoha's being just a little too accepting.

Still very good.

Thanks, Satashi, I needed something to look at after working for 10 hours today.
<3 glad you liked. Nanoha's acceptance is plot orientated though :3 I'll delve a little more on it soonish
Old 2009-10-24, 23:05   Link #17519
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
<3 glad you liked. Nanoha's acceptance is plot orientated though :3 I'll delve a little more on it soonish
Yes, it really seems like Nanoha's actually falling for Fate rather than accepting her per se. Maybe even that she sees in this Fate a second chance at everything that was lost when she failed (in her mind) her own reality's Fate.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 23:11   Link #17520
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Yes, it really seems like Nanoha's actually falling for Fate rather than accepting her per se. Maybe even that she sees in this Fate a second chance at everything that was lost when she failed (in her mind) her own reality's Fate.
That and the knowledge that the girl in front of her made the Nanoha in her life very happy. Add in the fact that Nanoha has never been on a date, is longing for someone to love, and then finding a girl who knows everything about her and readily defends her and actively calls her "my wife"

and suddenly it seems like an Angel was sent to Nanoha :3

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha