AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-10, 14:32   Link #301
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
What I would like to know is where are their parents??! They must not be planning on coming back. Ever. o_o

And if they do, boy are they in for a surprise. I don't think they'll be as understanding as everyone else when they find out their kids have married eachother.
The parental issue was bandied about quite a bit in another forum during the first season. As I recall, the technicalities involved under Japanese law went something like this: Nemu was legally adopted by the Asakura family. This made her Jun'ichi's sister in the eyes of the law, and therefore they could not legally marry regardless of their actual blood relationship. However, with the consent of all parties involved, the adoption could be rescinded (not a quick or easy process, but supposedly it can be done). Once this process is complete, then in the eyes of the law Nemu is no longer related to Jun'ichi in any way and they are free to marry if they choose. So if Nemu and Jun'ichi were married we can only assume that the adoption is no longer legally in force, which could not have happened without the consent and approval of Jun'ichi's parents.

Needless to say, I am not an expert on the Japanese legal system, so if anyone has contradictory or clarifying information about this please pass it on!

Edit: for spelling

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2006-04-11 at 08:52.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 21:57   Link #302
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
It really is upsetting to see such an amazing cast just go like that. I know we're lucky to even get a second season.. & i'm happy we did, but still its really upsetting to think that i'll never see them again.

A good ending, i didn't find it at all rushed.. it was just nice to watch.. rather upsetting too.
Yeah, that's exactly how I felt about it - upsetting in the sense that "this really is goodbye". The best part about the last few episodes, in my opinion, is that they really put the focus back on just what made Da Capo what it was: the magic, the drama, and the realization that happy endings always come at a price (that idea of "sacrifice" and letting go of your dreams for another's sake is arguably the theme of the Da Capo anime series). The finer plot points and methods used could be debated and compared, but I thought they absolutely nailed the feeling and the theme just perfectly. Months later, I'm still happy with it, though it really did feel like a "farewell".

And as for the parents and the marriage thing... I just excuse that as one of the conveniences inherent to the genre. The parents are almost always conveniently gone for one reason or another... I guess it must be as Furudanuki said, seeing as Nemu got the Asakura last name. But, well, the western-style ceremony could just be for show too and may not be legally binding. In any case, it's the thought/symbolism that counts.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 22:01   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, you're right about it relentlessflame - the last episode was perfect for what Da Capo is all about.. seriously that last episode there has made second season on my list of all time fav's.. also up there with first season. ^^;
Old 2006-04-10, 22:20   Link #304
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yeah, that's exactly how I felt about it - upsetting in the sense that "this really is goodbye". The best part about the last few episodes, in my opinion, is that they really put the focus back on just what made Da Capo what it was: the magic, the drama, and the realization that happy endings always come at a price (that idea of "sacrifice" and letting go of your dreams for another's sake is arguably the theme of the Da Capo anime series). The finer plot points and methods used could be debated and compared, but I thought they absolutely nailed the feeling and the theme just perfectly. Months later, I'm still happy with it, though it really did feel like a "farewell".
Yeah, I have to admit it was nice to see it a second time. I'm actually sort of happy that Shinsen was taking so long with each episode, as the lag between when I would see a RAW episode and the subbed one would almost make it like seeing it for the first time. I especially love Da Capo's "Happiness isn't free" theme, but it was nice seeing Junichi and Nemu at the end simply because they've had to work so hard for each other. While Nemu was hardly my favorite character in the two seasons (Moe Moe Moe Moe Moe), after everything she and Junichi struggled through, it was particularly gratifying to see the ending credits pan up and show the two of them living happily.

*sniffle* Bring on DC2!
Old 2006-04-10, 22:27   Link #305
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

FINALLY got around to watch the final ep. I was waiting all this time for the sub, and had all the raws just in case but never viewing them.

All in all a decent ending. As I've always been a D.C. fan from the start I really can't hate or like one season over the other. They're both great.

A bit sad to see it seemingly be finished. DC is a popular franchise so DC2 anime will be here one of these days I hope

Isn't that what the theme title is all about? "Da Capo" as in "start from the beginning."
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:32   Link #306
karloch
Old School Knight

A new character has appeared at the DCII homepage. It's Sakura! It looks like time is still meaning nothing for her.

So among the whole new set of character we will have two well known characters: Suginami and Sakura.

Suginami must be like a god o something. He knows everything although nobody tells him and it looks like time has also little effect on him.
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:22   Link #307
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Yoshino Sakura and Sakurai Yoshiyuki eh...and Sakura still hasn't grown up in all those years, wow. I should've figured that out as a possibility, with the tree still there...but who knows if that's the same Yoshino Sakura we know...

I wonder who he's a descendant of. If he's a descendant of Sakura, and he has a proper surname, then I wonder if Kotori, Mako/Moe and Miharu were all single mothers? Or maybe it's indeed just a way of relating them to the characters from the original DC? I have no idea, about this or about other things, but I wanna find out soon enough. Please Circus, you tortured our Kotori enough, give her some happiness.

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloch
Spoiler for Kudou:
Well...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm glad and at the same time envious that you guys enjoyed DCSS. I could never really get into it as much.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-04-12 at 13:38.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:49   Link #308
KBTKaiser

so this time the "Nemu" character is the main person this time, eh? (that is, adopted in)

I'm kinda annoyed that they gave him Junichi's abilities though. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 15:29   Link #309
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sakura just can't grow up.. it wouldn't be DC without the lil' beauty.
Old 2006-04-12, 16:58   Link #310
lommm
l'homme de lommm

someone please tell me there will be a DCTS... 3rd season that is... PLEASE!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:39   Link #311
KBTKaiser

Sakura is also the Principal at school. >>;

EDIT: in other words, this is the Sakura from original DC. Her quote even states that she has been with/in-and-around the school for a long time now.

As for Suginami...I recall a story short in the DC Collaboration comics where Suginami manages to expose Sakura as a mage, who uses a "promise of return" spell on suginami to keep him quiet. In other words, could it be that the writers had Suginami's return in the works even after he graduated? >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:32   Link #312
relentlessflame

*Administrator

From my perspective, this is all really great news. It reinforces the fact that the timeline from the original game and that in the new game are completely tied together, and stays fixed on the "Da Capo" name and theme. Very much a sequel; "repeated from the beginning" indeed... I guess what I'm looking forward to most is seeing how they expand on the theme, using this "new" cast (that is seeming less and less "new" by the day - check out the new CGs on the site)

If I'm reading it correctly, it seems that he was adopted into the Asakura house as a kid and moved to the Yoshino house more recently (couldn't quite grasp the reason), but still has a close relationship with the two Asakura girls because of their time spent together as children. (The fact that he was adopted also explains how they can all be in the same year of school, but he's younger to one and older to the other.) I sort of figured that they couldn't very well have him living in the same house as both of the girls - not only because "it's been done", but also because it'd cause too much drama/complications (maybe I'm wrong, but that was just the feeling I got, anyway).

Incidentally, they've also got a promo video and character intro video up on the site. Summer 2007 - believe!
Old 2006-04-13, 18:14   Link #313
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
(The fact that he was adopted also explains how they can all be in the same year of school, but he's younger to one and older to the other.)
Isn't Otome in HS while the other two are in MS?
Old 2006-04-13, 18:52   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/sakuhin/dc2/ - So cute! >.<

I'm really hoping this game makes it as a anime, even if its gonna end up like how To Heart 2 did to the original series, at least its more Da Capo goodness.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:07   Link #315
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Isn't Otome in HS while the other two are in MS?
Oh... that'd be a good point... I'm blind! So... Yume's one year younger, and Otome's two years older... that makes a lot more sense... And the stupid part is that I noticed that too, but somehow blocked it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I'm really hoping this game makes it as a anime, even if its gonna end up like how To Heart 2 did to the original series, at least its more Da Capo goodness.
Yup, I'd count on it. The only reason we got a second season of D.C. was because of how successful the firsrt anime was, and the second game hot on the heels of the second anime is to keep the franchise ball rolling. So, unless the new game bombs miserably (which I wouldn't expect), I'm sure we'll see a new anime at some point. My vote is still Summer 2007
Old 2006-04-13, 19:09   Link #316
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Oh... that'd be a good point... I'm blind! So... Yume's one year younger, and Otome's two years older... that makes a lot more sense... And the stupid part is that I noticed that too, but somehow blocked it out...
Yeah, if I'm not reading wrong, Otome is in HS 2nd year, the main character should be in MS 3rd year, or 9th grade along with Nanaka, Suginami, Coco and everyone else (though who knows in which class he's in) and Yume is in MS 2nd year (or 8th grade).

Edit: actually, after reading a bit, most likely he's in class 3, since that's where everyone except Nanaka is, and it would make more sense for Nanaka to be from another class, making friends with them and joining the band, than for the guy to be apart from all his friends.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:19   Link #317
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, if I'm not reading wrong, Otome is in HS 2nd year, the main character should be in MS 3rd year, or 9th grade along with Nanaka, Suginami, Coco and everyone else (though who knows in which class he's in) and Yume is in MS 2nd year.
Edit:
Quote:
actually, after reading a bit, most likely he's in class 3, since that's where everyone except Nanaka is, and it would make more sense for Nanaka to be from another class, making friends with them and joining the band, than for the guy to be apart from all his friends.
Haha... yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say Nanaka's in the band, Minatsu's in the same class as Yume... and there's simply no other reason for a character like Wataru if he's not in Yoshiyuki's class. Still going to take a bit of getting used to the overly-obvious pun of the lead's name... but, as you said a few weeks ago, definitely seems like the Sakura connection's going to play a big role in this one.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:22   Link #318
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

If Kotori and the rest are single moms, i just want to where junichi during those 2 years And what kind of durgs was he, it takes a lot stamina to have done what he did.

Edit: i am tired
Old 2006-04-13, 19:24   Link #319
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
If Kotori and the rest are single moms, i just want to where junichi during those 2 years And what kind of durgs where taking thats lot stamina.
Ermm.. did you miss a few words out or something?
Old 2006-04-13, 19:25   Link #320
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
If Kotori and the rest are single moms, i just want to where junichi during those 2 years And what kind of durgs where taking thats lot stamina.
LOL. He always was too nice to the other girls... (Sure would make for an interesting "twist" though... "due to a fluke in the space-time continuum, ALL of the endings of D.C. happened simultaneously, thus making ALL the girls happy in definace of Aisia's lesson... and now 53 years later...")

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen