AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 08:50   Link #81
NeoSam

Anyone knows if there's a fansub group thats going to work on this ?

I liked the first 2 episodes, and I'm waiting for the third
Old 2007-04-15, 11:04   Link #82
martino
makes no files now

At Formula Sub we were looking at this series, however since we don't have a translator we can't really do anything at the moment (apart from relying on joints).
Old 2007-04-15, 11:08   Link #83
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
At Formula Sub we were looking at this series, however since we don't have a translator we can't really do anything at the moment (apart from relying on joints).
After too many joints, you won't be able to sub it even WITH a translator. Say no to drugs!
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 22:22   Link #84
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
By "joints" at this junction, martino means the other group provides translation and Formula does everything else. So none of us are rusting away in a corner.

edit: Oh you meant... ahh... Hm. ["-"];

Last edited by the.Merines; 2007-04-16 at 11:39.
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 16:59   Link #85
Kyuusaisha

Any chance at all of getting this game & the light novels outside of Japan? or do I just have to take a trip there and buy them while I'm there?
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 19:37   Link #86
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Any chance at all of getting this game & the light novels outside of Japan? or do I just have to take a trip there and buy them while I'm there?
Game: www.play-asia.com (PS2 version is being released on April 26th)

Novels: www.kinokuniya.com (you need a Japanese writer and Japanese reading ability for this site, but it's really good)
Old 2007-04-17, 00:24   Link #87
Kyuusaisha

Does this one contain all of the Crimson novels? My japanese reading skills are below abysmal http://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/47973...pf_rd_i=489986
If it does it's a shame it doesn't ship out of Japan then. The game version I'm looking for is the PC one since my PS2 died awhile ago.

Last edited by Kyuusaisha; 2007-04-17 at 00:31. Reason: Grammar
Old 2007-04-17, 01:42   Link #88
Cyprene

it's just a limited edition of vol 4
If you don't even know that what are you going to do with the novel?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 06:40   Link #89
Kyuusaisha

I'm going to get it while it's "easy" to get instead of waiting until I've learned japanese
Old 2007-04-20, 08:31   Link #90
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched ep.3, it looks like this will be a episodic show.
Spoiler for Ep.3:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:51   Link #91
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
Just watched ep.3, it looks like this will be a episodic show.
Spoiler for Ep.3:
I don't really mind for it to be episodic at the start of a series if its 26 Eps... but if its 13 then I do wish they get a move on the main arcs...

Spoiler:
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 13:16   Link #92
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Megami Scan

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 07:08   Link #93
wao
OK.

I'm not watching this, and this is reeeeeeeeaaaallly old news but apparently the original (?) director of the show, Junichi Watanabe (わたなべぢゅんいち) had passed away from cerebral haemmorage on the 25th of January at the age of 44. So maybe that has partly to do with the supposed mediocrity of the actual product? I mean when the director dies (and 44 is pretty young!) it doesn't just affect the production in the obvious ways but in other things like emotions and stuff too perhaps... and they'd have had to drag in someone new at short notice too.

If this got mentioned before in this thread (it doesn't seem to have been) then you can stab me a few times... but not everyone seems to quite know this fact :0
Old 2007-04-30, 19:58   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm not watching this, and this is reeeeeeeeaaaallly old news but apparently the original (?) director of the show, Junichi Watanabe (わたなべぢゅんいち) had passed away from cerebral haemmorage on the 25th of January at the age of 44. So maybe that has partly to do with the supposed mediocrity of the actual product? I mean when the director dies (and 44 is pretty young!) it doesn't just affect the production in the obvious ways but in other things like emotions and stuff too perhaps... and they'd have had to drag in someone new at short notice too.

If this got mentioned before in this thread (it doesn't seem to have been) then you can stab me a few times... but not everyone seems to quite know this fact :0
Oh god please no more production drama. PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 20:34   Link #95
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw the widescreen version on BS-i, which is better than the cropped 4:3 terrestrial version.
Here are comparative screenshots from the OP and ED which obvisouly shows the difference.

Then again, the quality of the show is quite abysmal from the start, so airing a up-converted 16:9 may not necessarily be in the best interests of the studio

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 22:52   Link #96
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post

I really shouldn't laugh considering the grimness of this news, but Wao is so evil for presenting the news such way... (and mixed with my own confirmation of the quality of the show) that I just couldn't help but lol... This show is so bad, but I'm still watching in hope for some romance between the fairy and her master/contractor. Here is also crossing my fingers that I won't be suffering from any ill effect. Can wide screen also make this a better viewing experience, or will it, as Eggplant suggested, only increase the zoom-factor of torments?

RIP Junichi Watanabe!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:09   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can anybody explain to me where the quality issues lie? Is it animation, plot, character or a combination thereof?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 15:03   Link #98
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Basically a combination of all of those factors, most noticeable being the animation of course. I'd really suggest if you want to get into the story to play the game (or demo) and read the books, and forget about this show. If you've already done so, sorry about that, I haven't read this whole thread.
Old 2007-05-03, 11:33   Link #99
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

i just read through the thread and see that some peopl complaining bout the massive amounts of tsun lolis over the past few seasons. i have personally seen most of the anime and can only recall 3 and at most 4 of these tsundere loli characters out of dozens of anime series that has been released over the past 2 years. so i dont really see what the problem is. besides they are usualy very likeable
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:49   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Does this one contain all of the Crimson novels? My japanese reading skills are below abysmal http://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/47973...pf_rd_i=489986
If it does it's a shame it doesn't ship out of Japan then. The game version I'm looking for is the PC one since my PS2 died awhile ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
it's just a limited edition of vol 4
If you don't even know that what are you going to do with the novel?
Incidentally, I just received the box, and, as the specification in fact said, it does contain all 4 novels, and they did ship it out of Japan. For a while Amazon was sold out, though, so if you're thinking about getting it, it might be a good idea sooner rather than later.

And, incidentally, I'm not ashamed to admit that, contrary to all the conventional wisdom both here and in Japan, I actually like this show. I'm not surprised because I was also one of the few who liked Kagihime, which this show sort of reminds me of in some ways. If there were any translators out there interested in translating the show, I'd be more than happy to work on the rest (whatever's needed), but given the minimal interest and abundance of other more popular shows, I'm not holding my breath either. For my part, though, I'm already planning to buy the DVDs; the characters, setting, and music just work for me, not to mention that the OP and ED are really nice. So yeah, +1 fan -- maybe the only one.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, ginga-ya, ocelot, romance, seinen, shounen, supernatural