1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.47%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-18, 02:27   Link #201
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Must we go through the definition of a trainwreck again, S_I?
No. EVERYONE knows the first season of Geass was a trainwreck. It ended in a cliffhanger. Do I need to teach you what a trainwreck is?

Apparently so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trainwreck
Old 2008-04-18, 02:31   Link #202
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
So a cliffhanger is an indicator of a trainwreck then? I'm sure then that many writers of serialized literature would like to have a word with you for dissing such a widely used writing technique.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 02:56   Link #203
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
No. EVERYONE knows the first season of Geass was a trainwreck. It ended in a cliffhanger. Do I need to teach you what a trainwreck is?

Apparently so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trainwreck
You know that No Country For Old Men ends on a cliffhanger (heck, midsentence) and is considered one of the best movies of last year for it's writing and characterization right? Just because something ends on a cliffhanger doesn't make it a trainwreck.

And having actually been up close to a trainwreck in my hometown I can tell you it's not really something to make light of like that. It's pretty gruesome and honestly very unsightly and somewhat scary.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 03:21   Link #204
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You know that No Country For Old Men ends on a cliffhanger (heck, midsentence) and is considered one of the best movies of last year for it's writing and characterization right? Just because something ends on a cliffhanger doesn't make it a trainwreck.

And having actually been up close to a trainwreck in my hometown I can tell you it's not really something to make light of like that. It's pretty gruesome and honestly very unsightly and somewhat scary.
...What's your point? Your little anecdotal statement doesn't apply at all. Sorry for being rude, but I DONT CARE. It's a metaphorical term. Again, read the damn link. Do I have to spell everything out for you?

Fine, since you're too damn lazy to click on the link. A trainwreck METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING, is used "to describe a disaster that is foreseeable but unavoidable". It was pretty obvious that everything was going to go to hell by around episode 20 or so. If it wasn't obvious, then you weren't paying close enough attention to foreshadowing.

And no one ever said it was pleasant. That's the ENTIRE POINT. Just like the ending of the first season of Code Geass was horribly unpleasant. It was the worst ending I have ever witnessed for an anime, arguably ever. I say this because I seriously can't think of any other anime that had an ending I hated as much as the first season. If there was ever an ending to an anime less conclusive than that, please tell me, for I will avoid it like the plague.

And I have not seen No Country For Old Men, and I don't plan to. Do not troll me for saying this, because I will just ignore you.

God I hate explaining stupid stuff like this over and over and over again. No one listens, anyway. It's like talking to a brick wall. Well, actually, a brick wall is probably better because it doesn't criticize you for expressing your personal opinion.
Old 2008-04-18, 03:37   Link #205
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
...What's your point? Your little anecdotal statement doesn't apply at all. Sorry for being rude, but I DONT CARE. It's a metaphorical term. Again, read the damn link. Do I have to spell everything out for you?

Fine, since you're too damn lazy to click on the link. A trainwreck METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING, is used "to describe a disaster that is foreseeable but unavoidable". It was pretty obvious that everything was going to go to hell by around episode 20 or so. If it wasn't obvious, then you weren't paying close enough attention to foreshadowing.

And no one ever said it was pleasant. That's the ENTIRE POINT. Just like the ending of the first season of Code Geass was horribly unpleasant. It was the worst ending I have ever witnessed for an anime, arguably ever. I say this because I seriously can't think of any other anime that had an ending I hated as much as the first season. If there was ever an ending to an anime less conclusive than that, please tell me, for I will avoid it like the plague.

And I have not seen No Country For Old Men, and I don't plan to. Do not troll me for saying this, because I will just ignore you.

God I hate explaining stupid stuff like this over and over and over again. No one listens, anyway. It's like talking to a brick wall. Well, actually, a brick wall is probably better because it doesn't criticize you for expressing your personal opinion.
Good thing it wasn't the ending and was instead a sequence break then wasn't it. Also a good thing that we've already gotten the proper context for what happened then now rendering it mostly moot. If the series hadn't been split nobody would have cared. I consider it no more an ending then episode 15 of Gurren Lagann. That being not one at all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 06:11   Link #206
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The ending of season 1 was one of the worst ever? How is that? Just because you didn't like the ending of season 1 doesn't automatically make the entire show bad. I'm surprised you didn't see it coming actually since itwas apparent in some ways that there was going to be one.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 10:43   Link #207
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
The ending of season 1 was one of the worst ever? How is that? Just because you didn't like the ending of season 1 doesn't automatically make the entire show bad. I'm surprised you didn't see it coming actually since itwas apparent in some ways that there was going to be one.
Again, PERSONAL OPINION. Some poeple like it when series end with a cliffhanger. I. DO. NOT. How many times do I have to explain myself? Ten? Twenty? A hundred?
Old 2008-04-18, 14:24   Link #208
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Again, PERSONAL OPINION. Some poeple like it when series end with a cliffhanger. I. DO. NOT. How many times do I have to explain myself? Ten? Twenty? A hundred?
Just remember that okay? This show doesn't cater to the every whim of one persons opinion, it doesn't have to and doesn't need too because plenty of other people are still watching it
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 14:50   Link #209
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
well you could just say you hate cliffhangers instead of using a loaded word like trainwreck.

If you just reworded what you said to make it clear that it was an extremely displeasing set of episodes for you, instead of writing it in such a way that it could be misinterpreted as "this ending is sucks/is terribly written/etc." you really would get a much better reaction.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 06:53   Link #210
Crontica

Animation Quality: 10/10
Animation Quality is EXCELLENT as expected from clamp nice hair and pose animation a rare thing i see in other animes, the costumes designs are brilliant they dont have alot of looped animations which is good

Voice Actors: 10/10
there wasnt one time a actors voice was out of sync good so far

Music: 5/10
bleh the only opening a liked was the one in episode 25 they should have hired kotoko

Plot: 10/10
the plot is so good it surpasses even deathnote best plot i have seen yet

Editing: 7/10
bleh ([MAD]) does better editing with the OPs

overall score is 9.70/10!!
Old 2008-04-22, 00:01   Link #211
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

This is definitely one of the best?

10/10
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 05:06   Link #212
ArmorClad
The Original AAA Member

Awesome anime, i just finished the final episode this morning.

Animation was superb.
Music was excellent.
Plot was ABSOLUTELY amazing, despite the fact it has me up all night due to the whole, accidental Geas massacre and killing of Euphie.
That just flat out was like slapping me in the face with a frying pan.
I was stoked for the fact that Euphie and Lelouch would rebuild and independant Japan.

ANYWAYS.
Editing was alright.
and the voice acting in my opinion was awesome.

Great anime, that huge turn of events got me into tears nearly.
Stoked for Season 2.

This is my first post ever. =)
ArmorClad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 14:38   Link #213
Shizuka85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketro View Post
Where can I actually see Code Geass, because I cant find it anywhere.
You're not allowed to ask for downloads because Code Geass is licensed.
Shizuka85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 14:39   Link #214
Ketro

Oh, I editted my post, then nevermind.
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 22:29   Link #215
FuzzyWuzzy

My overall series impression of Code Geass Season 1 is that it sucks. It is because my number 1 idol, and greatest character ever Suzaku did not kill Zero thus making him the main character of R2. I first saw Suzaku in the news, and that he is supposed to be executed. However, he is rescued by a mask man named Zero who I thought was a good guy since he saved my hero but it turns out he isn’t. Suzaku shouldn’t be confused with an old man named Shusaku who is very perverted. But like the ture hero and fighter for justice, Suzaku came back and turned himself in so I knew he was innocent and pure of heart since he didn’t turn away from the justice department of my country and I believe that he did this because Suzaku is justice itself and if he can’t believe in the government that dispenses justice then justice is gone in the world but since he turned himself in, we all know that takes a lot of courage, determination and perseverance which is why Suzaku is my number 1 idol and hero but I don’t even know why people call him a hypocrite. All my friends call him a hypocrite. What is a hypocrite? According to the dictionary is a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. Is Suzaku a hypocrite like what most people are saying? No I do not think so, he is more like a cool person fighting against injustice in his own way, Suzaku is a character that is justice so anyone opposing him is unjust and should be punish especially evil masterminds that treat people like disposable pawns(I do not need to say the character’s name since we all know who he is). This person not only is responsible for hundreds of deaths but also responsible for pain and suffering of the people around him. So sometimes, I go to my rooftop and I see the lancelot and it was cool and it had gold and silver and it was evading missiles and everything which makes me wish I could pilot my own lancelot also since my coolest number 1 idol is piloting it and he is making it the coolest vehicle ever but anything that Suzaku pilots is the coolest thing ever since we all know he is the coolest thing ever that he is practically frozen. So I really hate zero so I give my impression of all of this a number called zero since zero is evil and the mastermind of all evil things that ever lived in the earth and took a hold of mankind that I wish he should never have been born in this world to begin with since nothing good will come out of it since evil produces more evil and it will never produce good because goodness is something learned because we all started being selfish and just wanting stuff when we are born so it takes time to learn how to be kind and good.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote