3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-22, 07:01   Link #181
corporeality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
There is something I wonder: How exactly does the world react to the fact, that the UN is attacking and destroying the organization, that declared to exterminate war? Shouldn't this result in protests and uprisings?
Apart from the Trinity actions, there is the fact that the media is controlled by the world's government. It's not like everyone is privy to the inner motivations of CB.
corporeality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:12   Link #182
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporeality View Post
Apart from the Trinity actions, there is the fact that the media is controlled by the world's government. It's not like everyone is privy to the inner motivations of CB.
I don't see how this is a factor at all. I don't think the media in 00 has been shown to be controlled or oppressed in any way. The fact is that even the government bodies and the soldiers in this battle believe that the Gundams and Celestial Being has gone too far in their actions. I don't think there's a single non-CB character in the show you can name that even knows that Trinity and the original team disagrees. To the world, CB is CB.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:17   Link #183
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
There is something I wonder: How exactly does the world react to the fact, that the UN is attacking and destroying the organization, that declared to exterminate war? Shouldn't this result in protests and uprisings?

Somehow I feel sorry for the doctor... only one episode to appear and in the next one he already dies.
while the gundams have gotten good press(azadistan incident) they've also gotten controversial press(taribia seperation) and recently terrible press(trinity's acts) so destroying gundams is a good thing in the eyes of the public.(not to mention you can question what celestial being has been doing since the start of the series.)

@duckroll good point.

yeah i did feel sorry for him, though I felt sadder when patrick and christina died.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:23   Link #184
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think Graham will join the fight against Alejandro. I think Alejandro will try to bring down a space elevator or two or three. Most GN-X's are trashed and most Gundams are out commission. It will be up to Exia and the GN-Flag to stop them.

And the writers are getting nuts, I think the body count will be high next episode with Al, Graham, Sergei, and Tieria going down to keep casualties as low as possible. Someone is going to overload a GN drive and nuke an entire space station to keep deaths low. I see it happening. Hell, even Setsuna might do it.

Patrick could have survived. These suits have ejection seats. He seemed to be pretty close to the "switch." He may survive.

Time jump = Saji time
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:30   Link #185
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Patrick could have survived. These suits have ejection seats. He seemed to be pretty close to the "switch." He may survive.
Eeerh so far, none of the GN-X's have shown any pilot ejection feature (in fact, many mobile suits don't seem to even have this feature). And how would Patrick be closer to the ejection switch than any other pilot?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:39   Link #186
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Where is Nena! I want to know!!!

Looks like she's a no-show again for this ep.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:39   Link #187
Galerian

*Snifs* With Patrick gone, Ali must be alive! If not, I got nobody left to root for. Well maybe Katie, but she doesn't pilot a MS. A shame really.

I require more non-emotionally-disturbed characters!

Edit; Oooh! CB 2.0 in the next series could be Patrick, Darryl and Ali. Left for dead in space, they contemplate the meaning of war and get rescued by the 00V-cast or another sidestory cast. CB would finally have some good pilots and the above have their lives saved.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:45   Link #188
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

So is Ali still alive? I'll be damn disappointed if he's not the mid boss or something.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:49   Link #189
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Chinese sub out for those interested.. find your own, pm request will be ignored
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:11   Link #190
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Chinese sub out for those interested.. find your own, pm request will be ignored
1 seed for 2500+ DLer's.

Going to be a great morning tomorrow as I watch it. It's 2AM in New Zealand now.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:37   Link #191
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Nah, if there are hordes of peers, the DL speed will be pretty damn fast, so don't sleep yet, Hypernova
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:40   Link #192
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

downloading chinese subs now from 贪婪大陆, 1503 seed 9782 peers.

Chinese isn't much easier than japanese hahahaha

PS: "Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum."

Chinese Subs != Raw hehehehe
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:49   Link #193
aris385

We all know when Setsuna is going to hide out at the end of the season 1 at his princess's house.

This all reminds me of gundam wing after the colonies delared the gundams were not part of them and they had to fend for themselves.
aris385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:07   Link #194
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris385 View Post
We all know when Setsuna is going to hide out at the end of the season 1 at his princess's house.

This all reminds me of gundam wing after the colonies delared the gundams were not part of them and they had to fend for themselves.
just what I was thinking...

okay.. so CB is cut down to half the normal operators, and 3/4 of the pilots.. not to mention only one gundam is still intact... + GN Arms.. hmm.. next episode will have a serious one on one... but htis one.. so.. dramatic.. so emotional... so awesome, who ever was saying we can't expect only awesome episodes was so wrong.. atleast for the season finale

if you call this episode cliffhanger.. well.. I really want to know what the next one will be..
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:24   Link #195
hamstar
just passing by

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-22, 09:24   Link #196
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
BTW, what about the Gundams/Gundam Meisters from the sidestories? Shouldn't this be the time to come out and help?
next season maybe?
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:28   Link #197
Ottocycle

Quote:
But there should be a limit to how much he is able to produce to be realistic. After all he is just one of CB's members. If he alone has so much money to build all this stuff, then CB as a whole should have even more and better weapons.
He's not a member of CB. He was but an observer(Menclave: surveyor), who only held, with the others just like him, a collective right to veto CB's actions.

Besides, he did mention his family being waiting for this opportunity, so 1) they should have been preparing all these for a while, and 2) his lineage should be a rather outstanding one.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:36   Link #198
LuMiZu

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Truely similar to Gundam Wing, all the Gundams partly destroyed....
possible set to renew them in 2nd season...
Reminds me I read somewhere 00 was made to be abit like Wing. Not sure how true is this though
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 09:37   Link #199
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
BTW, what about the Gundams/Gundam Meisters from the sidestories? Shouldn't this be the time to come out and help?
They work from the shadows, hidden from view from everybody, even the CB, and always have. (a rather convenient way of explaining their absence in the anime...)

Its not like they can do that much anyway, with their outdated technology and the fact that they can only field one Gundam at a time.
Old 2008-03-22, 09:41   Link #200
Key Board
Carbon

1) Gundam side story characters never cross over to the main anime

2) Side stories are made to fill in certain details. Side stories have to re-align their story in order to match and not contradict the anime. On the contrary, the anime itself does not need to acknowledge that side stories exist.

They're equivalent to Star Wars EU in a way

3) Side stories almost always have a different writer, who, quite frankly, does not have a very clear idea how things are going to progress in the main plot. The most he can do as of now is assign the side characters their own final boss which would explain why they are supposedly preoccupied
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote