AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-02-05, 23:40   Link #1
ion

We Suck Uninhabited Planet Survive

I've got Koepi's latests stable Xvid binary (XviD-1.0-RC1-25012004.exe) but so far both ep 1& 2 of this series is crashing both mplayer classic ans WMP. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

thx

Also I've reencoded it and the bad blocks are gone as well as the crashing but it seems to stutter and is verry annoying to watch. Plus anytime you reencode you loose some quality.

Last edited by ion; 2004-02-05 at 23:54.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 00:19   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

A whole page of the "Fansubs" thread for this show was hijacked because of tech problems. Take a look in the thread, there were various suggestions.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 00:33   Link #3
ion

I think thats more to do with the fact that its in so many different formats. My problem is exclusively with the "we suck" Xvids.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 01:45   Link #4
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion
I think thats more to do with the fact that its in so many different formats. My problem is exclusively with the "we suck" Xvids.
Try the Media Configuration Guide first.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 09:31   Link #5
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion
I've got Koepi's latests stable Xvid binary (XviD-1.0-RC1-25012004.exe) but so far both ep 1& 2 of this series is crashing both mplayer classic ans WMP. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Please use the search functions of the forums before asking for technical support. You would have found a relevant post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion
Also I've reencoded it and the bad blocks are gone as well as the crashing but it seems to stutter and is verry annoying to watch. Plus anytime you reencode you loose some quality.
That's the packed bitstream acting up. Use XviD to decode it, not libavcodec. (Frankly, I hate packed bitstream. Stupid DivX)
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote