AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-02, 05:15   Link #21
Sciel
Etoilé

I'm wondering if this is an action title or will in follow in the vein of the other metal gear games . I noticed Kojima said " I'm bringing an all new metal gear experience" . Moreover , while i only played MGS4 Raiden seems more badass going gung ho and slicing stuff up than probably sneaking around ala Snake .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 07:42   Link #22
Narona
Emotionless White Face

It doesn't seem to be MGS5.

I wonder if it will turn out to be a true MGS game gameplay-wise, or some sort of new action game.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 07:53   Link #23
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I wonder if it will turn out to be a true MGS game gameplay-wise, or some sort of new action game.
How does "Lightning Bolt Action" sounds ? As opposed to "Tactical Espionage Action".
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 17:09   Link #24
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I'm wondering if this is an action title or will in follow in the vein of the other metal gear games . I noticed Kojima said " I'm bringing an all new metal gear experience" . Moreover , while i only played MGS4 Raiden seems more badass going gung ho and slicing stuff up than probably sneaking around ala Snake .
Well it'll probably be a more action paced game than stealth considering the title and that it has Raiden. However I don't expect them to drop stealth all together.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 18:39   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It doesn't seem to be MGS5.
Looks like the true sequel is Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker on PSP. Made by Kojima and the MGS4 team. Considering how hax Raideen is this will probably be something in between MGS and Ninja Gaiden.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 21:04   Link #26
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Looks like the true sequel is Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker on PSP. Made by Kojima and the MGS4 team. Considering how hax Raideen is this will probably be something in between MGS and Ninja Gaiden.
Yea seems like it .
During the Sony Conference , Kojima was emphasizing a lot about how he was going to direct this game , write the script personally, and more importantly that peace walker was the next true sequel and not just a spin off.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 15:00   Link #27
Rias

Famitsu released the full version of that interview with Kojima (the one with all the important keywords taken out)

MGSR on 360 and PS3, MGSPR on PSP. Kojima is not the director nor the game designer for that MGSR...
Old 2009-06-03, 15:11   Link #28
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes. Just checked some sites, and Kojima is the producer and director on Peace Walker.

Anyway, what was disturbing in the trailer was the number of Big Boss Clones.

The "Militaires Sans Frontières" made me laugh. It's based on "Médecins Sans Frontière" as many people already guessed it, I think =P
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 15:49   Link #29
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Yea seems like it .
During the Sony Conference , Kojima was emphasizing a lot about how he was going to direct this game , write the script personally, and more importantly that peace walker was the next true sequel and not just a spin off.
Or spin-off, since it will be before the events of the Solid saga.

I don't know. I didn't liked Portable Ops at all, so i can't help it but feel that this new Peace Maker will be like PO, i hope no. But the Rising one makes my blood boil, just because it's something different from the rest of the MGS. I want to see how is the gameplay of the game...

Kojima is not fully involved with Rising? Well, it can't be helped it, i still think it can be done and done well, hehe. I hope he'll be at least the producer of the game, like in ZOE and ZOE2.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:04   Link #30
Master Mold
Banned

I'm more hype for Peace Walker then Rising.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:33   Link #31
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Metal Gear Rising

From Wiki
Quote:
The main character of the game is Raiden, the protagonist and player character of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, who appears in the cyborg ninja state he was in during the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, although with different armor and eye color. The second teaser depicted Raiden in his Metal Gear Solid 4 armor with sword drawn, crouching on the back of what appears to be Crying Wolf. Although Kojima referred to the game as the "next generation MGS5", no details about the storyline or the chronological setting have been revealed yet.

Personally Raiden looks like a cyborg Kakashi...also said LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION...Truly Raiden is Kakashi.

Spoiler for Kakashi & Raiden:
Old 2009-09-05, 13:41   Link #32
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

As much as Raiden was disliked in MGS2, he proved himself in MGS4 to be quite the awesome character.

I'm quite looking forward to this game, and I'm wondering what the gameplay will be like apart from the (hopefully) usual stealth factors that the predecessors had.

Also anxious for Peace Walker as well. Big Boss is the only character awesomer than Snake himself.~
Old 2009-09-05, 13:50   Link #33
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Rumored the gameplay will be similar to Ninja Gaiden, though it will still have elements of the old Metal Gear Solid series gameplay, possible the weapon system, codec and the equipment.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event_2009/en/?1
Old 2009-09-06, 04:19   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I haven't played MGS4 (no PS3 unfortunately), but the MGS series always struck me as stealth missions, much like Tenchu rather than Ninja Gaiden or Devil may cry...what's the point of having a reinforced battle system when avoiding battles is part of "proper" gameplay?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 04:33   Link #35
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I find it odd that Hideo actually came back after saying he will refuse to make any other MGS game. Saying MGS4 will be his final. But then I hear news about Rising and I was shocked but at the same time very happy. Raiden was sort of a wth character for me in MGS2, but in MGS4 he literally changed my whole opinion of him. So I'm looking forward to some hacking and slashing.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 04:37   Link #36
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I haven't played MGS4 (no PS3 unfortunately), but the MGS series always struck me as stealth missions, much like Tenchu rather than Ninja Gaiden or Devil may cry...what's the point of having a reinforced battle system when avoiding battles is part of "proper" gameplay?
Well probably the first thing you need to consider is that Rising is a spin-off from other Metal Gear titles. (The second canon one story-wise.) It's going to be only natural for it to play a little differently.

Also, Rising isn't so much as about avoiding enemies, but rather asassinating them. Ninjitsu is a very stealthy form of martial arts, so it fits the MGS series to a tee.

On a side note, tis a shame you haven't played MGS4. Piloting REX against RAY in a mech fight is hella fun.
Old 2009-09-06, 08:42   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Maybe here we'll see Raiden Pilot Metal Gear Ray? Who knows? So we'll get the feel how MG-ray feels.

Hideo also said he doesn't want Solid Snake to be handled by a new team, but himself, which is something good imho, but I'll really miss him in this game.
Old 2009-10-01, 03:20   Link #38
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I feel Naked Snake's AKA Big Boss dream sequence on MSG3 will be the gameplay of MGR

Old 2009-10-01, 03:38   Link #39
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Eh maybe, but I really doubt it. This is something a little TOO grotesque for Metal Gear Solid. I mean MGS has blood but this goes even beyond that.

On an unrelated note, I did some digging and found out that Snake's nightmare mini-game is acctually a demo for a Konami game called "Guy Savage", but production of it was cancelled and no reason why was given. I'm guessing it was supposed to be Konami's counter to Devil May Cry, as it sure looks that way.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:30   Link #40
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

well more blood will attract gamers who enjoy alot of blood in there games
7h3 Ru551an is offline   Reply With Quote