AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-23, 08:28   Link #161
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Am I the only one who still thinks that seeing Shana smile at the end still proves nothing?

And even if it did, I sure hope it doesn't become the generic "Tsun beats the shit out of her wussy boyfriend daily" crap that pervades the character relationship archetypes. Then again, Yuji grew a pair of steel testicles after the fail that the was first half of season 2, so I'll be here hoping we get something similar to the awesome that was season 1.
Old 2009-06-23, 08:45   Link #162
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And even if it did, I sure hope it doesn't become the generic "Tsun beats the shit out of her wussy boyfriend daily" crap that pervades the character relationship archetypes. Then again, Yuji grew a pair of steel testicles after the fail that the was first half of season 2, so I'll be here hoping we get something similar to the awesome that was season 1.
I don't think we have a Louise here. Yuji may take his lumps (like practically every male lead ever), but it's never been overblown, and it's been toned down gradually over the series. If they go backwards on that, I'll be . After all, that kind of thing's already been done by these seiyuu. I hope that the only good way to describe Yuji and Shana will be as a Battle Couple. Disclaimer: I am not responsible for time lost while following a tvtropes link.

One off-the-wall reason I want Shana to have actually got the answer she was looking for is now we would get to see whether Ike gets rejected even if Yoshida can't have Yuji (Dude! What a plot that would be, if she said no anyway!)
Old 2009-06-23, 09:16   Link #163
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

ye Louise is just over the top tsun (which I find annoying), in Shana's case, she doesn't get physical unless its really necessary (closet incident anyone?), Shana is more like the dog who will bark, but wont bite unless provoked.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-23, 12:27   Link #164
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

yeah... the anime Louise anyways, the novel Louise isn't like that. XD And, she does this because Saito is more idiot than Yuji...

Off-topic aside...

Does anyone know when a new SnS novel volume will come out?? I'm fed up of waiting to know what'll happen to Yuji and Shana... XD
Old 2009-06-23, 12:45   Link #165
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
yeah... the anime Louise anyways, the novel Louise isn't like that. XD And, she does this because Saito is more idiot than Yuji...

Off-topic aside...

Does anyone know when a new SnS novel volume will come out?? I'm fed up of waiting to know what'll happen to Yuji and Shana... XD
September 10th.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:49   Link #166
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFrank227 View Post
The name of the magazine is Dengeki Bunko, unfortunately I do not have a link to the actual information as I only heard about its official announcement from other people who have read the magazine.
Seems like they're leading you on a little bit.

A new series is not confirmed yet but more information will be announced on the 10th of July according to that page from the magazine.

Seems like the current project is more aimed at merchandise according this part below (3d artbook of Noizi Itou on the 10th of August and an anime information book on the 1st & 2nd season and limited DVD for season 2 only coming this Autumn).

Old 2009-06-23, 14:52   Link #167
Terminator98
*Author

Oh noes!!! You are really dark, truth!
Old 2009-06-23, 15:01   Link #168
darktruth

Well at least there will be a new Shanatan on the limited DVD for the All About Shakugan no Shana II guide book. They say it will have Shana's revenge XD.
Old 2009-06-23, 15:08   Link #169
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

wha...? aimed at merchandize? Shakugan no Shana III - The Informercial
Old 2009-06-23, 15:10   Link #170
blue knight stare

yeah i guess
Old 2009-06-23, 15:15   Link #171
Terminator98
*Author

NOOOOOEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

*Goes weep in the corner*

Well... I wonder what they'll say on July... BUT, IF NO SHANA III, THEN MAYBE ZnT 4 !!! ( 50% chance though.... )

Still, I want this to be more that just a Shana-Tan...
Old 2009-06-23, 15:15   Link #172
darktruth

People, what I meant is that there IS a new Shana anime in the works but it has NOT been confirmed as a 3rd season yet. We will have to wait til the 10th of July for more info on what this new anime project is.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Shanatan though to see what Shana will do to get her revenge on Konoe lol.
Old 2009-06-23, 15:17   Link #173
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

oh well Shanatan is just as good
Old 2009-06-23, 15:19   Link #174
Terminator98
*Author

*reads*

Shana-tan is good, but shana tan usually comes AFTER a season! Well, let's just wait and see.

*dries tears up*
Old 2009-06-23, 15:23   Link #175
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, generally speaking, this glut of merchandising is usually the pre-cursor to a continuation. In particular, releasing the Shana II guidebook would make sense before the continuation, as it's a way of bringing people back up-to-speed on the anime story. We'll see, of course, but I don't think this has really changed all that much re: the expected announcement.
Old 2009-06-23, 19:57   Link #176
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Seems like they're leading you on a little bit.

A new series is not confirmed yet but more information will be announced on the 10th of July according to that page from the magazine.

Seems like the current project is more aimed at merchandise according this part below (3d artbook of Noizi Itou on the 10th of August and an anime information book on the 1st & 2nd season and limited DVD for season 2 only coming this Autumn).
Ah darn so it looks like I've been fooled; it was the 10th of July, not June. Well, I can't wait to hear what they announce on July 10th!

Last edited by FFrank227; 2009-06-23 at 20:09. Reason: No need to quote the pictures to reduce page length!
Old 2009-06-24, 06:07   Link #177
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
oh well Shanatan is just as good
I agree, and the new Season 3 Shanatan episodes will be just as fun
Old 2009-06-27, 05:06   Link #178
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Am I the only one who still thinks that seeing Shana smile at the end still proves nothing?

And even if it did, I sure hope it doesn't become the generic "Tsun beats the shit out of her wussy boyfriend daily" crap that pervades the character relationship archetypes.
Nah. Shana's never been that domineering or abusive towards Yuji, and Yuji's almost never given her much reason to be annoyed (The time where she's most frustrated with him, during the early parts of season one where she's beginning to develop feelings for him, is because he has a positive influence on her). For things to go under that archetype, they would not only have to change their dynamics, but reverse the character development they've already undergone (Shana becomes much more dere, not tsun, during Shana II - her protective streak's a lot more pronounced - and Yuji's been pretty tough and capable since the very beginning). So, I don't think there's much risk of what you're dreading to see.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Shana II's ending was a red herring (Or at least reversed somehow), but I hope it wasn't. I could picture Shana and Yuji pulling a Clannad in that they'll be a couple that's too shy to do relationship things.
Old 2009-06-27, 05:22   Link #179
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Nah. Shana's never been that domineering or abusive towards Yuji, and Yuji's almost never given her much reason to be annoyed (The time where she's most frustrated with him, during the early parts of season one where she's beginning to develop feelings for him, is because he has a positive influence on her). For things to go under that archetype, they would not only have to change their dynamics, but reverse the character development they've already undergone (Shana becomes much more dere, not tsun, during Shana II - her protective streak's a lot more pronounced - and Yuji's been pretty tough and capable since the very beginning). So, I don't think there's much risk of what you're dreading to see.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Shana II's ending was a red herring (Or at least reversed somehow), but I hope it wasn't. I could picture Shana and Yuji pulling a Clannad in that they'll be a couple that's too shy to do relationship things.
100% agree... Shana is no Louise... XD

One thing though... Yoshida is being left out... what wil happen to her? XD
Old 2009-06-27, 08:36   Link #180
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Except if Khamsin returns, Yoshida might sink back into the sidelines. (BTW, I have a hunch this won't happen, anyway. I think the novels don't go that way.) The bad thing is, she dumped Ike, so there's no other possible pair but to pull off a Khamsin x Kazumi. And with her determination to not let Shana take Yuji, she won't use Giralda either.

Shana's relationship will be less painful in Yuji's part in III, that's for sure.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen