AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 14:18   Link #201
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wait, I just realized something, from what I know Tsubasa doesn't remember the time when she was Black Hanakawa so in other words she doesn't know about the existence of her. However, Oshino said in a past that she also paid him a fee, so what I want to ask is what that fee was for? Was it for the cat problem or what?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 14:23   Link #202
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait, I just realized something, from what I know Tsubasa doesn't remember the time when she was Black Hanakawa so in other words she doesn't know about the existence of her. However, Oshino said in a past that she also paid him a fee, so what I want to ask is what that fee was for? Was it for the cat problem or what?
She remembers that Oshino helped her out, just not the details of how he helped her out so she paid him.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 15:50   Link #203
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Heh, never realized that there was a character limit to a post...

Spoiler for subasa Cat chapter 3 and ep12 of the anime part 2:
My speculation and hopes on how Shaft is going to handle episode 12 if they do this particular chapter.

Spoiler for 12:
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:43   Link #204
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
My speculation and hopes on how Shaft is going to handle episode 12 if they do this particular chapter.

Spoiler for 12:
Actually this chapter is probably the longest chapter in any of the novels. The Hitagi Crab arc itself is only about 90 pages and Tsubasa Cat is about 235 pages long. As short as Hitagi Crab was in the novel, they still cut a bit of stuff from it. Reading things makes them go faster since you don't have to account for pauses in between dialogue and periods of silence.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-21, 16:46   Link #205
aulzon

Quote:
Actually this chapter is probably the longest chapter in any of the novels. The Hitagi Crab arc itself is only about 90 pages and Tsubasa Cat is about 235 pages long. As short as Hitagi Crab was in the novel, they still cut a bit of stuff from it. Reading things makes them go faster since you don't have to account for pauses in between dialogue and periods of silence.
Yeah. I really wish they not put an OP (although I could see them putting Staple Stable after the lunch scene) and merge the ED into some of the latter parts (like when they start kissing) so they can get the most out of it.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 01:14   Link #206
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, now that Oshino's gone from the city, how does Araragi deal with Kaii in Nisemonogatari?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 02:35   Link #207
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Yeah. I really wish they not put an OP (although I could see them putting Staple Stable after the lunch scene) and merge the ED into some of the latter parts (like when they start kissing) so they can get the most out of it.
Uh merging the ED is pretty much going to happen 100%, I hope they don't use an OP period.. this should get the "last ep" treatment a lot of shows get.. in that no OP is played and the ED song is played during the closing scenes.

Also after reading that chapter posted by ickem you can see why I said in the ep 11 thread why SHAFT would be silly to debut the Tsubasa OP in episode 12. A Tsubasa OP is completely out of place with the content in the episode and they need that extra 90 seconds period.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 19:21   Link #208
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Argh. I can't stand holding back while people make it seem as if Koyomi's a wishy-washy harem lead. It's not as if Koyomi can't examine his own feelings and declare them himself...

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-22, 20:51   Link #209
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Argh. I can't stand holding back while people make it seem as if Koyomi's a wishy-washy harem lead. It's not as if Koyomi can't examine his own feelings and declare them himself...
It is what they are use to.

I tried my best without spoiling but... I know how you feel.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:53   Link #210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I have always thought about one thing, does Araragi's powers go as far as making him not age? I mean he has accelerated healing, so his body was some sort self maintenance. Also, if he indeed doesn't age what happens after 80 years? I mean would he choose to sacrifice Shinbou and grow old with Senjougahara or would he spend all of eternity in limbo with a chibi vampire?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:37   Link #211
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I have always thought about one thing, does Araragi's powers go as far as making him not age? I mean he has accelerated healing, so his body was some sort self maintenance. Also, if he indeed doesn't age what happens after 80 years? I mean would he choose to sacrifice Shinbou and grow old with Senjougahara or would he spend all of eternity in limbo with a chibi vampire?

Shinobu actually brings this up in Nisemonogatari, but the question is never answered since even she doesn't know what would happen for sure.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-23, 10:51   Link #212
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Shinobu actually brings this up in Nisemonogatari, but the question is never answered since even she doesn't know what would happen for sure.
What is even worse, if Araragi does not become fully human will any children he has with Senjougahara be "normal" ?

Would Hitagi appreciate her kids being 1/20th vampire and possibly full vampire ?

It is certainly an interesting unknown.

In the end Araragi has to give up on Shinobu for his future with Hitagi and their kids... because it is too big a risk to take.

Perhaps Shinobu can take another human as her "keeper"... but it doesn't seem like it would happen given that after 500 years she is due to die from boredom.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:06   Link #213
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
What is even worse, if Araragi does not become fully human will any children he has with Senjougahara be "normal" ?

Would Hitagi appreciate her kids being 1/20th vampire and possibly full vampire ?

It is certainly an interesting unknown.

In the end Araragi has to give up on Shinobu for his future with Hitagi and their kids... because it is too big a risk to take.

Perhaps Shinobu can take another human as her "keeper"... but it doesn't seem like it would happen given that after 500 years she is due to die from boredom.
Sacrificing someone's life for Araragi's own happines is not a step i think Araragi would take. I won't think his nature will allow him to do it this way because he isn't blaiming Shinobu for anything and can't make up a specific reason that would make him start to hate her because she has aided him from the beginning and never tried to kill him.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 15:18   Link #214
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Sacrificing someone's life for Araragi's own happines is not a step i think Araragi would take. I won't think his nature will allow him to do it this way because he isn't blaiming Shinobu for anything and can't make up a specific reason that would make him start to hate her because she has aided him from the beginning and never tried to kill him.
1.Shinobu is a royal vampire. She attracts oddities and hunters.

2.Shinobu is a vampire and her blood is in Araragi. How does he know he won't pass that on to his children. Thus making them mock oddities as well ?

3.Given that his kids could be mock oddities does that mean they won't be safe from all the other oddities that are attracted because of Shinobus blood in them ?

4.How will Shinobu deal with her possible future jealousy ? It is clear she does not like the women in his life.
Old 2009-09-23, 15:55   Link #215
Reekon

I know we're all just hypothesizing here, playing around with a possible future that according to ickem wasn't answered at all...

But let me just put on the "table" the possibility that Shinobu will finally in the end just choose death to end her boredom.

Yes, it's too convenient. Yes, we're not sure if it's in Shinobu's character to be that generous or self-sacrificing.

But for me, that's a win-win situation there. Shinobu gets her peace and end to her boredom. Araragi gets back to a normal life.
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 17:33   Link #216
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:

2.Shinobu is a vampire and her blood is in Araragi. How does he know he won't pass that on to his children. Thus making them mock oddities as well ?

3.Given that his kids could be mock oddities does that mean they won't be safe from all the other oddities that are attracted because of Shinobus blood in them ?

4.How will Shinobu deal with her possible future jealousy ? It is clear she does not like the women in his life.
Actually Shinobu couldn't care less about any human other than Koyomi, let alone be able to feel jealousy over them. She only takes notice of Tsundere Girl and his sisters because they are important to Koyomi, and even then she couldn't differentiate Karen from Tsukihi if I remember right. Also, as she is now she doesn't emit anything that would actually attract Kaii. There are vestiges there, but is most likely not powerful enough to actually be detected unless you are within speaking distance of her.

P.S. I really should reread the novels since I kinda sped through them on the first run and everything seems to have blurred together. Oh well that can wait until after I finish reading Bungaku Shoujo.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-24, 08:19   Link #217
Lummie

Quote:

See Ickem's post above ^^

I can't specifally answer this because i don't know if the possibiltiy exist for that to happen.

Their children wouldn't exist of 100% royal vampire blood, the chance that they "likely" would attract oddities is very slim.

She cares about Araragi and i think she would bear with it even if she disliked it. I think
Btw, Araragi losing his vampire abilities would be a bit dissapointing to me. It makes him interesting.... being a oddity himself fighting against other oddities.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:02   Link #218
mastakilla88

Can I ask you for a Nisemonogatari summary?

I read Hitagi will cut her hair and she'll call Hanekawa master... WHY? I don't really get...
mastakilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 18:02   Link #219
kalbron

I think it was stated earlier in the thread, but she calls Hanekawa "master" because Hanekawa is teaching her how to open up and show her emotions more because Hanekawa herself went through a similar change recently.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 18:23   Link #220
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, now that Oshino's gone from the city, how does Araragi deal with Kaii in Nisemonogatari?
Spoiler for for Nisemonogatari:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastakilla88 View Post
Can I ask you for a Nisemonogatari summary?

I read Hitagi will cut her hair and she'll call Hanekawa master... WHY? I don't really get...
Spoiler for Nisemonogatari:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance