AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-28, 13:16   Link #61
JustRob

Well, Bleach seems to do it sometimes and then sometimes not. For example, when an arm goes off it goes uncensored, like when Tousen cut off Grimmjow's arm or when Ichigo cut off Yammy's arm.

However, it seems that anything bigger then an arm is censored. For example when Grimmjow kills Luppi, in the manga you can Grimmjow's arm going through Luppi's chest and you see his severed legs still standing after the cero, in the anime you just see some blood.

Old 2010-08-28, 13:27   Link #62
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Well, Bleach seems to do it sometimes and then sometimes not. For example, when an arm goes off it goes uncensored, like when Tousen cut off Grimmjow's arm or when Ichigo cut off Yammy's arm.

However, it seems that anything bigger then an arm is censored. For example when Grimmjow kills Luppi, in the manga you can Grimmjow's arm going through Luppi's chest and you see his severed legs still standing after the cero, in the anime you just see some blood.

Actually more uncensoring has been done for instance. In the subed Aizen stabbing Hinamori was taken out, but AS added it back in.
Old 2010-08-29, 20:57   Link #63
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Enjoyed this episode, almost as much as Gin...

No one makes light of the drama than Gin himself. As he says, "One down." I like Hiyori a lot. Unfortunately, I like Gin even more, so..... bye bye Hiyori. I'm sure someone will pick up your legs and keep them in the ice until Orihime-chan makes her DYNAMIC ENTRY. This is where Hitsugaya becomes very useful.

As for the talk of censoring... any shows that air during the primetime where the number of viewers are at its highest, you can bet censorship will play a huge role. Bleach, One Piece, Naruto occupies those time slot, so there always will be censorship. Shows that airs during the midnight time slots have very little to no censorship for the obvious reasons.
Old 2010-08-29, 21:03   Link #64
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

No one makes light of the drama than Gin himself. As he says, "One down." I like Hiyori a lot. Unfortunately, I like Gin even more, so..... bye bye Hiyori. I'm sure someone will pick up your legs and keep them in the ice until Orihime-chan makes her DYNAMIC ENTRY. This is where Hitsugaya becomes very useful.

As for the talk of censoring... any shows that air during the primetime where the number of viewers are its highest, you can bet censorship will play a huge role. Bleach, One Piece, Naruto occupies those time slot, so there always will be censorship. Shows that airs during the midnight time slots have very little to no censorship for the obvious reasons.
Censorship is bad, but it is understandable
Old 2010-08-29, 22:58   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

As for the talk of censoring... any shows that air during the primetime where the number of viewers are at its highest, you can bet censorship will play a huge role. Bleach, One Piece, Naruto occupies those time slot, so there always will be censorship. Shows that airs during the midnight time slots have very little to no censorship for the obvious reasons.
Hmm...I remember when Bleach and Naruto were shuffling around their time slots, it was like a hour difference, but depending if they moved down to a earlier hour meant they were going to be more censored compared to their original time slot.
Old 2010-08-30, 05:16   Link #66
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Orihime-chan makes her DYNAMIC ENTRY.
Such a disturbing image...especially with the green spandex suit
Old 2010-08-30, 05:18   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Such a disturbing image...especially with the green spandex suit
wardrobe malfunction
Old 2010-08-30, 08:37   Link #68
kvi

It was an ok episode. Regarding the Hiyori scene, if someone had not mentioned how it was censored I would have wondered why Shinji was so desperate and why Hachi wasn't able to heal a stab wound. Seriously, how many people in Bleach die from stab wounds? Rukia gets punctured every story arc and a couple of episodes later she's fine and dandy

Last edited by kvi; 2010-08-30 at 19:09.
Old 2010-09-03, 21:04   Link #69
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I really hate it when Aizen talks, sounding all-knowing and all-predictable to the outcome of what's becoming.

It was a nice try of Hiyori's, but she didn't count with Gin's playful intrusion due to her boiling hatred.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-03, 22:33   Link #70
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the censoring was just the frosting on the cake to how bad her charge towards Aizen was done...she looked sluggish when she raised her sword up in comparison to how she was animated in the OP at that particular moment.
Closed Thread