AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-28, 18:38   Link #941
TheFallenxLullaby

God, I hate the fact that I was right that the one of the best, if not the BEST fighting scene in the manga is next week. Not complaining though, more Aika = <3

It almost broke my heart to see Yoshino's crestfallen face when Hakaze said there wasn't any way Aika would be able to live. Like really, I don't blame him or Mahiro for falling for her. She's one of the most well written characters I've ever known.

I love how calm and collected Aika was. This episode made me like Hakaze a bit more, it must suck doing alot for a guy that doesn't return your feelings.

Last edited by Solace; 2013-02-28 at 21:25. Reason: Don't post spoilers!
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 21:16   Link #942
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, it appears the most obvious theory ended up being true!.

What I found interesting was Aika's insinuation that this has all played out multiple times, as if she's got a script, with this iteration being an anomaly. Would certainly help explain her personality in many of the previous flashbacks.

Glad to see the characters thought of the very obvious idea that Hakaze would kill Aika as well.

All in all, next week looks fun, with the preview showing what looks like a fight of sorts between Hakaze and Aika (for some reason, I get the feeling it isn't going to be all that serious of a fight), and Aika apparently talking circles around Hakaze (like she does to everyone, apparently ).

Assuming history can't be changed, it'll be interesting to see how all this results in Aika sitting peacefully in a chair bleeding out all over the floor (assuming that's how she was actually found; the flashbacks have been a bit confusing with other images that don't match).

Also, Hakaze's comments about how Aika fully embodied the Mage of Exodus makes it increasingly likely that the Mage of Exodus really has been split into multiple people in the present, so Yoshino may still yet be an aspect of the Mage of Exodus.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-02-28 at 22:11.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 21:27   Link #943
garbage

ah ah, so it's finally let out , Aika really is the true Mage of Exodus. It's actually pretty cool how they met, especially that surprise from hakaze when they amet at the roof. In retrospect I wonder why the gang never thought that Aika could be the MoE seeing how much she can affect events even while dead,but then again they don't have the perspective that we the viewers have.

Yoshino you...MoE on one arm and Princess MoG on the other

And that's one big helluva of a sword....

cliffy >.<
Old 2013-02-28, 22:41   Link #944
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Aika was indeed the mage of exodus. So either Hakaze kills her or she kills herself, which as what i thought all along. Though there may be an unknown option there as well.
Old 2013-02-28, 22:41   Link #945
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ah finally the truth (part of it) comes out. At this point it would have been shocking if Aika wasn't the Mage of Exodus. I mean constantly at the center of all major events, her fate gathering everyone's around her and just being really suspicious. I think they tried with the last few flashbacks to make you think she really was just a girl in love.

Now the question is what happens next. How deep does this consiracy go and how does someone that powerful end up dead? Did she end up faking her death somehow? Was it all just a ploy to get Mahiro and Yoshino wrapped up in these events?
Old 2013-02-28, 23:01   Link #946
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice episode. As expected, Aika was the complete Mage of Exodus, and it's easy to see why: she's the same as Yoshino and Mahiro, really dangerous. Looking forward to next week's episode, the fight looks to be really good and seeing those two talk will be most interesting. I wonder what Aika's reaction to finding out that Mahiro was in love with her (if Hakaze mentions it) and Hakaze being in love with Yoshino will be?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 23:24   Link #947
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm will hakaze accidentally kill while defending herself or will aika actually kill herself?

My bet is on hakaze being owned, making it physically impossible for hakaze to save her....
Old 2013-02-28, 23:44   Link #948
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Another perspective about this is how much has Aika controlled in all of this. If all her cryptic subtle messages to Yoshino about the Tempest and Hamlet were in regards to future events, then it could be possible that everything that has happened up til now(in the present) was all calculated by the ToE(and in turn, its Mage as well) instead of the ToG, like we were led to believe. Even her relationship with Yoshino could be all a sham, propagated only to further whatever intent the ToE had harbored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ah finally the truth (part of it) comes out. At this point it would have been shocking if Aika wasn't the Mage of Exodus. I mean constantly at the center of all major events, her fate gathering everyone's around her and just being really suspicious. I think they tried with the last few flashbacks to make you think she really was just a girl in love.
True, though, you have to admit, though it was known by us for her to be the MoE, you have to give credit for how they made it seem like she was just an ordinary girl. But the moment Hakaze used such a daring escape method after meeting with Aika, right at that moment, I knew the truth, even before Aika revealed herself. I mean, jumping onto the roof was just too much for simply escaping out of Aika's range.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 00:01   Link #949
Forever
Revealing the truth

Since she is the mage of zetsuen, then that there is a chance she might be alive after all. (those who saw stein gate might know how). Magic can do a lot of things like illusions....
Old 2013-03-01, 00:32   Link #950
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So Aika is the true Mage of Exodus. While it was painfully obvious that all the clues were pointing to her especially during episode 12/13, the wonderful misdirection made me think it was Mr. No Spine instead. And the best part? Still had an inkling that it was Aika still all along, so when this revelation came, it didn't feel it was cheap nor that it came out of nowhere.

So yeah, again, all I can do is towards Okada. Brilliantly done!

But yeah, Aika is now getting loads of screentime. Which is awesome, as I LOVE HanaKana's take on Aika's voice.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 01:21   Link #951
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Another perspective about this is how much has Aika controlled in all of this. If all her cryptic subtle messages to Yoshino about the Tempest and Hamlet were in regards to future events, then it could be possible that everything that has happened up til now(in the present) was all calculated by the ToE(and in turn, its Mage as well) instead of the ToG, like we were led to believe. Even her relationship with Yoshino could be all a sham, propagated only to further whatever intent the ToE had harbored.

True, though, you have to admit, though it was known by us for her to be the MoE, you have to give credit for how they made it seem like she was just an ordinary girl. But the moment Hakaze used such a daring escape method after meeting with Aika, right at that moment, I knew the truth, even before Aika revealed herself. I mean, jumping onto the roof was just too much for simply escaping out of Aika's range.
Yeah, I give them full credit on this. At times I really doubted whether my belief about her being the MoE was accurate. So many sweet moments that made you not want to be right. Even that first conversation made me think "very nice misdirection on the preview." Right before Hakaze made her extreme escape .

Even she thought that escape was over the top, but I guess her instincts were sharp enough to feel the need to go overboard. Then came the moment of truth.

But the speculation has not ended yet. Now was all this a plan to get Hakaze to come back in time? I've got my extreme guesses ready to go as well. Cause the awakening of the ToE and then bring Hakaze back in time for some reason (maybe to help fake her death). If she somehow gave her powers to Hanemura that might go against her being dead here. In the end how far does Aika's plans go? At this point I'm completely able to believe her behind everything that has ever happened...ever .

I guess the real question is what was real about Aika? Did she gain her powers after getting involved with these guys or more likely did she get involved with them for the sake of her own plans? Only needing to attract Mahiro to set him off after her 'death', but going the extra mile to get into a relationship with Yoshino to direct his actions as well. Was everything genuine, everything a lie, and if it was a mix in which direction does the scale tip?

Aika's identity is out, but we still have plenty of questions to be answered. Frankly it makes me nervous with Hakaze out of communication with the others so anything could happen while they are in the dark.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:03   Link #952
ginger02

Wow Aika being the Mage of Exodus was really shocking! Wasn't really expecting it, although once she got to the roof it was obvious. I was thinking she killed herself, which may still be the case. I admit, it kind of takes the mystery of her out, well partly. I thought she was a normal person like Mahiro or Yoshino who just knew more than either of them. In fact, she's a mage.

The manga is ending soon, so are we not going to get the whole story, or is the manga told pretty completely in the anime?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 04:14   Link #953
j4c06

Maybe it was obvious to some that Aika is the Mage of Exodus, but with the amount of orchestration on her part I kind of expected her to be above the picture, not a part of it. I still have a feeling that MoE is just a front, and there is more beyond that.

But if Aika is "just" a Mage of Exodus, then of course it looks like Hakaze walked right into a trap, perhaps set to leave her behind in the past and resurrect Aika instead? Aika is indeed the girl who dumped Hanemura, too. Her MoE powers got thus split between Yoshino (the heart) and Hanemura (blobs of scary red energy), which she will claim when she rises again.

Oh, and one more thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the mysterious design from the temple that Evangelina found has three snakes in it, not two. Should there be yet another Tree, and its Mage?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 06:19   Link #954
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

What a big sword she got
So Aika is she really the *complete MoE* or Yoshino can be a part aswell. Well there are still some unanswered questions.
Dat cliffhanger can't wait for *Femme fatale*
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 07:14   Link #955
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not sure which is sexier, a girl in a loincloth with a rocket launcher on her shoulder or a schoolgirl in uniform with a really big sword. But either way, it's fun having to think about it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 08:17   Link #956
whitecloud

One thing for sure....if aika, yoshino, and hakaze ever meet and hakaze start with her antic with yoshino, a city or two will be destroyed and yoshino gonna be a shaved ice...and eaten by aika being a yandere girlfriend....
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:18   Link #957
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not sure which is sexier, a girl in a loincloth with a rocket launcher on her shoulder or a schoolgirl in uniform with a really big sword. But either way, it's fun having to think about it.
Yeah its a tough question. Both have that confident sultry air about them yet one plays more into that whole wild girl angle while the other at least fakes the whole yamato nadeshiko thing to an extent. One has a nice body that the loincloth shows off but I like girls with hime cuts and that little bow thing with the standing leg cross Aika did near the end was just plain unfair.

I'm gonna say the first to do a sassy hair toss next episode takes it. Barring that whoever does the best pose. There both just too equally incorrigible and difficult at this point to decide.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:32   Link #958
ookamigirl

Hakaze doing some time traveling again.
This time to try and find Aika's killer.
She's really determined to solve the mystery of Aika's death.
Hakaze probably wants it resolved so Yoshino could get over it.
Looks like Aika wasn't just an ordinary girl.
So she was the mage of Exodus. Now I get why she's dead.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 15:17   Link #959
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This show is quickly back to it's awesome self. It was actually easily predictable but Aika's reveal was still packed full of sheer awesomesauce.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:59   Link #960
molitar

Damn.. I was not expecting her to be the Mage of Exodus. Of course when she shows up on the roof all calm and collected we knew she had to a mage.. Just not the Mage of Exodus.

Now that makes me wonder was she killed by Hakaze? After all she was found at home in her chair with numerous cuts. She isn't a nice person either she immediately attacks Hakaze not even caring why Hakaze spoke in past tense about her. That makes it seem she really has no interest in Yoshino or Mahiro at all as if someone spoke about your boyfriend in past tense you would want to know why but she doesn't even blink an eye and instead just attacks Hakaze.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen