AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-24, 00:01   Link #1561
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
Remember the girl in miyu's world angra mainyu was a little girl. While miyu is the mirror image of illya in the other world. Then who is the angra mainyu in the illya's world version? The only suspect I can point is shirou due to his ambiguous adoption of kiritsugu right before they stop the HGW in their world. Avenger has the ability to shape shift or shirou might be the angra mainyu himself without him realizing it that's why kiritsugu and iris adopt him and seal him to give him a normal life without the use of magic so the seal won't break.
We haven't been shown an Angry Manju in either world yet. There is some speculation that Erika is the MiyuVerse Angry Manju, but there's also speculation that she's Pandora. Chances are there is some kind of Angry Manju equivalent in MiyuVerse at least, due to the presence of the Grail Mud, but that might be no more than just what Julian said it was: the regrets of all the failed Servants who came before, given form.

And while Miyu and Illya are arguably each other's parallel world counterparts, they are different enough that you can't really call them "mirror images". Illya is half-homunculus, while Miyu is fully human, only "special". The way they're integrated into their respective HGWs are quite different. Illya's was built around her in that she was born as a Lesser Grail (being a daughter of a Lesser Grail) to fit into an eventual Grail ceremony as such. Miyu, by quirk of birth, just happened to have the qualities that would allow her to function as a Lesser Grail in her verse's quite different version of the ceremony. Both have the ability to grant wishes, but for quite different reasons.
Old 2016-06-24, 00:41   Link #1562
dere_lover21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
We haven't been shown an Angry Manju in either world yet. There is some speculation that Erika is the MiyuVerse Angry Manju, but there's also speculation that she's Pandora. Chances are there is some kind of Angry Manju equivalent in MiyuVerse at least, due to the presence of the Grail Mud, but that might be no more than just what Julian said it was: the regrets of all the failed Servants who came before, given form.

And while Miyu and Illya are arguably each other's parallel world counterparts, they are different enough that you can't really call them "mirror images". Illya is half-homunculus, while Miyu is fully human, only "special". The way they're integrated into their respective HGWs are quite different. Illya's was built around her in that she was born as a Lesser Grail (being a daughter of a Lesser Grail) to fit into an eventual Grail ceremony as such. Miyu, by quirk of birth, just happened to have the qualities that would allow her to function as a Lesser Grail in her verse's quite different version of the ceremony. Both have the ability to grant wishes, but for quite different reasons.
Can I hear your thoughts about the ambiguous nature why shirou was adopted right after they stop the HGW. Just want to know your thoughts about shirou's origin. Sorry about the mirror image it was supposed to be counter parts forgot the word.
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 04:19   Link #1563
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
Can I hear your thoughts about the ambiguous nature why shirou was adopted right after they stop the HGW. Just want to know your thoughts about shirou's origin. Sorry about the mirror image it was supposed to be counter parts forgot the word.
No problem. I do the same all the time. I keep a link to an online thesaurus handy, because I often have a specific word or term that I want to use but can't remember it. Always been like that. Some people stutter when they speak. I do when I'm trying to write... ^_^

As for the adoption of Shirou, I don't really know what the situation behind that is, but here is my headcanon:
Spoiler for massive speculation:

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-06-24 at 04:38.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 04:47   Link #1564
dere_lover21

Quote:
No problem. I do the same all the time. I keep a link to an online thesaurus handy, because I often have a specific word or term that I want to use but can't remember it. Always been like that. Some people stutter when they speak. I do when I'm trying to write... ^_^

As for the adoption of Shirou, I don't really know what the situation behind that is, but here is my headcanon:
Spoiler for massive speculation:
Nice.. d(-_^) the speculation is nice it fit the story how shirou was adopted by the kiritsugu and iris. We have to wait for the real thing of how shirou was adopted. Personally i want illya's shirou to be a badass one with guns, long black jacket/coat and a red scarf not just swords and bows.
Old 2016-06-24, 06:09   Link #1565
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

I think its quite obvious that whatever happened was at least partially due to Kerry and Iris, hence why they would adopt Shirou in the first place(despite already having a child) due to guilt. There's a lot of potential for the plot after Miyu world stuff now. Especially with the amount of revelations Illya, Rin, etc got about Sakura, Shirou and so on.

---------------------------------------------------
Chapter 42
HOLY HELL
OH. MY. GOD.
Spoiler:

BEST. ROUTE.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2016-06-25 at 03:05.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 05:54   Link #1566
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Shirou x Angelica OTP confirmed.

Sorry lolis.
Old 2016-06-26, 06:10   Link #1567
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm getting bored with this arc, they should hurry up and go back to the present and move the plot forward.
Old 2016-06-26, 06:12   Link #1568
Twi

Quote:
Shirou x Angelica OTP confirmed.

Sorry lolis.
I thought the same thing. That's why he brought her from the castle, right there.

All those Gil x Archer shippers, there you go.
Old 2016-06-26, 06:17   Link #1569
Klard
The cilvilain

So we have the third UBW and chant now
And Shirou is being invaded by EMIYA, i could see Heaven's feel here
I repeat this is a magical girl spinoff
Old 2016-06-26, 06:40   Link #1570
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I thought the same thing. That's why he brought her from the castle, right there.

There's also nice parallel to Kerry/Iris in that too.
Old 2016-06-26, 10:26   Link #1571
dere_lover21

I hope illya's shirou becomes like this and bring the emiya family to the miyu's world.

And like this when he save's the girls and his other self.

Last edited by dere_lover21; 2016-06-28 at 12:21.
Old 2016-06-26, 10:44   Link #1572
The Green One

A different UBW, nice to see. Emiya and Angelica are really going at it with all the trash talking. Time for the climatic final battle of the flashback arc. Lets end this overly long flashback with a bang.
Old 2016-06-26, 11:47   Link #1573
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just freaking awesome. Best Shirou just being outstanding in this one. Standing his ground and finding the strength to keep on fighting. Basically trapping Angelica and keeping her away from Miyu as she left that world.

Now set up for him to unleash some hell on her and leading to the Gilgamesh card being sent along as well.

No surprise he could get this far either. Taking advantage of the arrogance of both the Ainsworths and the Gilgamesh card. Could have killed Shirou by going all out before he could really tap into his strength or unleash UBW. Now it's going to get fun .

And certainly makes sense. Using his own card over and over again lead to this result.

If the previous chapter was a touching moment of saving his sister, this was just pure awesomeness. Should be fun to have one more big fight and then transition to the present.
Old 2016-06-26, 21:05   Link #1574
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

The reverse is also true. Shirou was captured, right? Meaning that he probably pass out after stalling or something. Now, the logical, practical and pragmatic thing to do would be to just kill him. I fully expect Julian to do so. Yet he's alive and in the Ainsworth prison? Methink Angelica asked Julian to let him live on the pretense of "interrogate him on Miyu's whereabout".
Old 2016-06-26, 22:35   Link #1575
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
The reverse is also true. Shirou was captured, right? Meaning that he probably pass out after stalling or something. Now, the logical, practical and pragmatic thing to do would be to just kill him. I fully expect Julian to do so. Yet he's alive and in the Ainsworth prison? Methink Angelica asked Julian to let him live on the pretense of "interrogate him on Miyu's whereabout".
Honestly I think that is reaching. The card is gone by the end of this fight and Shirou is down. I think he takes down Angelica and the card is sent along and Julian decides to keep Shirou alive. In order to get Miyu back, Shirou could be a useful tool and bargaining chip to secure her cooperation.

Looking back at when we see Angelica in the prison....I see zero interest in Shirou's well being. No hesitation to hurt him in order to shut him up.

I think anything is possible in terms of where things go from here. Maybe she develops some interest in Shirou now that she's with the good guys. But, I don't think she was secretly hiding a crush all this time or secretly trying to protect him.
Old 2016-06-27, 11:55   Link #1576
tuckersister

I just remembered that Ruler is summoned by the Grail which mean Miyu or Illya are able to summon her.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 12:19   Link #1577
Wandering Soul

Miyuverse Shiro continues to prove himself to the best
Shirou. Had a new chant, some pretty cool lines, and even has time to flirt.
Old 2016-06-27, 18:37   Link #1578
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I just remembered that Ruler is summoned by the Grail which mean Miyu or Illya are able to summon her.
We don't know if it is inbuilt into the card war.
Old 2016-06-29, 06:10   Link #1579
tuckersister

I wonder which one looks better in Ruler's outfit?

Rin as Rider is still one of my favorites.

===07/06===
If Ruler is a Saint, does that mean she is also protected from other gods? How well would Ruler do against Thor/Beatrice?

Last edited by tuckersister; 2016-07-06 at 20:13.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 19:39   Link #1580
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
===07/06===
If Ruler is a Saint, does that mean she is also protected from other gods? How well would Ruler do against Thor/Beatrice?
I'm not Catholic, so I don't know everything about what makes a saint a saint, but they're not gods. Of course, Nasuverse gods don't really appear to rise to the level of gods as they are in their myths, particularly as Servants, while originally mortal Servants tend to rise quite a bit above their legends. So I'd figure they'd be on pretty even footing. Frankly, if you've read the manga to this point, you know that Thor/Beatrice's biggest weakness is Beatrice. That's where you'd need to focus your strategy. Taken from that perspective, Thor is just a weapon you can steal.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-07-08 at 16:47.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/kaleid liner, magical girl spinoff