AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 21:38   Link #16561
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Keep changing the name and you might have to change it to "Bouncy", Satashi.

This is good. I want to see more.
lol sorry. I'm going to leave it as AlternativeS now, I promise <3 Hope you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
*SQUEAL*

That was AWESOME, Satashi! I like 'What If' fanfiction. Please post more soon!
I'll probably have an update tomorrow, but nothing really long since I'm going out to eat lunch with my brother and his girlfriend tomorrow, so no lunch time post ><

I'm glad you like it. this story was just randomly written and wasn't really expecting it to be well accepted since I didn't take it seriously ^^;;

[EDIT] Page claim for... For Vivio :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:40   Link #16562
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
And... I think my inspiration for "Sisters" is coming back!

Ah, wait, no, it just died on me...

Damn, that was close, too. I actually managed to get about two pages done before I had to stop.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2009-10-07 at 23:45.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:58   Link #16563
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Damn, that was close, too. I actually managaed to get about two pages done before I had to stop.
*waves little flags* Go RadiantBeam, go go!
Old 2009-10-07, 23:22   Link #16564
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

@Keroko: I vote C, too. I still don't see what the point of shooting Mid-style shooting magic at an AMF-equipped drone would be (unless the PC is Nanoha ), so I'd say, pitch in to help out Megane and then let the Belkans tag-team the drone on Quint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
lol sorry. I'm going to leave it as AlternativeS now, I promise <3 Hope you're enjoying it!

I'm glad you like it. this story was just randomly written and wasn't really expecting it to be well accepted since I didn't take it seriously ^^;;
I think the most interesting part is that Fate is actually some time ahead in her own timeline from where this reality appears to be. Which gives her greater knowledge about what's going on and the "good guys" a head-start on dealing with the problem. Of course, the next question is, with Fate not there, did Erio ever get adopted, or was he left in the experimental lab? Was Caro ever able to find a home? Is the answer to both questions, "Yes, with Jail Scaglietti?" And with Nanoha crippled and Fate vanished, did Subaru and Ginga ever get rescued from the airport fire? If so, by whom? And if not, then is Tea anything like her usual self without Subaru around to be her red oni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Damn, that was close, too. I actually managaed to get about two pages done before I had to stop.
Keep the faith! I can positively state that there are simply too few ambiguously sistercesty investigation-of-serial-killer-propped-up-by-conspiracy stories out there.

Actually, I don't recall there being any with that particular combination of elements, now that you mention it, in or out of MGLN. Certainly none worth remembering. So go for it!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:24   Link #16565
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

I think the most interesting part is that Fate is actually some time ahead in her own timeline from where this reality appears to be. Which gives her greater knowledge about what's going on and the "good guys" a head-start on dealing with the problem. Of course, the next question is, with Fate not there, did Erio ever get adopted, or was he left in the experimental lab? Was Caro ever able to find a home? Is the answer to both questions, "Yes, with Jail Scaglietti?" And with Nanoha crippled and Fate vanished, did Subaru and Ginga ever get rescued from the airport fire? If so, by whom? And if not, then is Tea anything like her usual self without Subaru around to be her red oni?
I have no idea whatsoever, I'm gonna send you a PM
Old 2009-10-07, 23:28   Link #16566
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
Yeah, those ideas are right on, I am so excited

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:31   Link #16567
GlancingReverse

Quote:
You have manage to make me feel something that's a mix of "This sounds interesting" and "I don't want to know."
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 01:40   Link #16568
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
May I ask what, exactly, was the shitstorm that made people afraid to post debates in the Magic Tech thread and make them instead post them here?
It was relevant to the recent fic discussions wasn't it? That was why I posted here, rather than in OCT.

You see, Tech thread has been shredded to bits for "well-supported" CANON discussions. I'd rather not bring a FANON theory in there. Especially when Railgun World ESPers in the To Aru/Nano crosseover are essentially, I quote Keroko, saying "Screw you!" to Physics and the laws of nature. That's so much more magical in nature than what Nanoha World magic is doing, which attempts to explain and design things to work with more consistency (though I admit that fails in many places too. )

So once again, whoever was so happy to defame me again, thanks a lot for being so closed in mind. >_>

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-10-08 at 01:52.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:27   Link #16569
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It was relevant to the recent fic discussions wasn't it? That was why I posted here, rather than in OCT.

You see, Tech thread has been shredded to bits for "well-supported" CANON discussions. I'd rather not bring a FANON theory in there. Especially when Railgun World ESPers in the To Aru/Nano crosseover are essentially, I quote Keroko, saying "Screw you!" to Physics and the laws of nature. That's so much more magical in nature than what Nanoha World magic is doing, which attempts to explain and design things to work with more consistency (though I admit that fails in many places too. )

So once again, whoever was so happy to defame me again, thanks a lot for being so closed in mind. >_>
So in other words, its because of the idiots of the fandom being more vocal than anyone else.

Well, to be fair, if the tech you're discussing is meant to help build up a fic, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed in this thread.

I'd rep you to make up for the defamation you got, but it seems I can't do that yet.
Old 2009-10-08, 06:06   Link #16570
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
You could still post in OCT. Only people INTERESTED in it would discuss it and others will just not give a shit. I don't see how it is different from when others brought up Kamen Riders, Code Geass, TTGL or Gundam again.

Quote:
Again, it would have belonged in magitech thread. And what I said about OCT applies to Magitech as well. What you were doing not too long ago in FFT was bordering on hijacking. Think about it.

Quote:
Sure, play the victim to gain sympathy if it makes you feel better about it. But do remember AGAIN that Asuki have a strong policy against talking about this "issue".
Old 2009-10-08, 06:19   Link #16571
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You could still post in OCT. Only people INTERESTED in it would discuss it and others will just not give a shit. I don't see how it is different from when others brought up Kamen Riders, Code Geass, TTGL or Gundam again.
I chose here over OCT because it was the topic a while back. Since it involved people who frequented here rather than there, and the OCTers who were interested were also following the thread here, FFT was a more obvious choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Again, it would have belonged in magitech thread. And what I said about OCT applies to Magitech as well. What you were doing not too long ago in FFT was bordering on hijacking. Think about it.
So adding some food for thought to a crossover plotbunny is hijacking? Continuing this discussion about where that post should have went, now that is hijacking.
Old 2009-10-08, 06:39   Link #16572
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm agreeing with Kha here, posting a bit of food for thought for a crossover fanfiction is... well... posting fanfiction in a fanfiction thread. Hardly off-topic.

Speaking of the subject, I just realized the biggest problem. In a similar vein to the Negima problem, magic in the To Aruverse is the direct oposite of the Nanohaverse magic in that anyone bar psychics can learn magic in the To Aruverse.

Of course, there are ways around it, such as making earth magic unique or since the setting is focused around psychics ignoring the magic side of To Aru altogether, but it merrits some thought.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:42   Link #16573
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
In addition: how has Signum changed without a Worthy Opponent? Was Yuuno more badass to make up for the loss of significant firepower on the TSAB side in the BoD incident? Did he live through the strain? How about Chrono? Zafira without Arf? What Enforcer does Shari work with, if any?
Old 2009-10-08, 07:22   Link #16574
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
In addition: how has Signum changed without a Worthy Opponent? Was Yuuno more badass to make up for the loss of significant firepower on the TSAB side in the BoD incident? Did he live through the strain? How about Chrono? Zafira without Arf? What Enforcer does Shari work with, if any?
XD Good points, I'll try and touch on some of them when writing the next. I love it when you guys ask questions like that, it gives me something to write about in a fic I previously was blank it ^_^ Thank you!

Quote:
Just ignore the rep thing. I was derepped for saying "Thank you" when the thread wished me a happy birthday D:
Old 2009-10-08, 07:25   Link #16575
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
XD Good points, I'll try and touch on some of them when writing the next. I love it when you guys ask questions like that, it gives me something to write about in a fic I previously was blank it ^_^ Thank you!
It's what I do . If only my muse would come back, then I could be soliciting questions from you!
Quote:
Just ignore the rep thing. I was derepped for saying "Thank you" when the thread wished me a happy birthday D:
Old 2009-10-08, 08:53   Link #16576
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Speaking of the subject, I just realized the biggest problem. In a similar vein to the Negima problem, magic in the To Aruverse is the direct oposite of the Nanohaverse magic in that anyone bar psychics can learn magic in the To Aruverse.

Of course, there are ways around it, such as making earth magic unique or since the setting is focused around psychics ignoring the magic side of To Aru altogether, but it merrits some thought.
I do have a solution, but that entails a "fanon" theory more in line with the To Aru forums though...

Spoiler for Railgun World only information:
Old 2009-10-08, 09:30   Link #16577
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

However the theory becomes flawed when you remember that users of psychic powers literally destroy themselves when trying to use magic. Add to that the point that unlike psychic powers, magic does allow the learning of multiple abilities, and the theory falls apart completely.

I'm probably going to ignore the magic part of To Aru where my work is concerned. It doesn't have a role in the story, so there's no need to mention it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 10:01   Link #16578
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I know there are some flaws, but while exact wording is a problem I'm sure the general theme is correct.

Of course we need a lot more from the franchise before I can be fully wrong.

In the meantime, yes I will be doing the same. As I said in IRC, Teana and Fate as disguised as teachers in Tokiwadai are the frontrunners of the mission, with Kaprika vindi Touareg as a supporting actress. They all will be dealing with solely the science side of things, Railgun. If I am that bored, I'll reactivate Belkaneus and Karlheim's role with them to handle the magic half of things, but just from Kaprika's perspective you won't see much of the magic half.

The most is Touma.
Old 2009-10-08, 10:16   Link #16579
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Spoiler for AlternativeS part 1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS part 2:
Spoiler for Alternatives Part 3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS part 4:
Old 2009-10-08, 10:55   Link #16580
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Oh dear... Erio, Caro and Lutecia on the same side against Section Six?

This is shaping up to be good.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha