AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 162 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 8.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 10 2.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 40 11.20%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 16:14   Link #1001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Emotional investment of the audience...best thing any writer or actor wants during a scene.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:20   Link #1002
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Emotional investment of the audience...best thing any writer or actor wants during a scene.
Yea,

I think i must have seen 500 threads over about 10 boards in the hour after endless eight ended.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:21   Link #1003
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
When we were in the live stream for the last episode...We had 10000+ people screaming in chat DO IT KYON MAN DO IT.

The feeling of relief, joy, sadness just could not have been done without the 8 repetitions.
Exactly! One of my many, many points as to why Endless Eight was a smart, intelligent decision, not some Kyo-Ani-girlfriend idea or any such condescending nonsense.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:23   Link #1004
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaOtotsuiAsatte View Post
Exactly! One of my many, many points as to why Endless Eight was a smart, intelligent decision, not some Kyo-Ani-girlfriend idea or any such condescending nonsense.
Well,

I think the main reason for all of the hate is the fact that we don't know if anything is coming after this.

I guarantee if this rerun was announced with another season to air after it EE would have gotten a MUCH better reception.

The main problem is that we are afraid it will be the last Haruhi they do, and it's somewhat of a waste because we want to see more.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:31   Link #1005
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
I think the main reason for all of the hate is the fact that we don't know if anything is coming after this.

I guarantee if this rerun was announced with another season to air after it EE would have gotten a MUCH better reception.

The main problem is that we are afraid it will be the last Haruhi they do, and it's somewhat of a waste because we want to see more.
That, to me, is a sign of impatience. I am a very patient person. Kyo-Ani has all but stated Disappearance will be made SOMEday. It's all a matter of when.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:32   Link #1006
Tornadium

Quote:
That, to me, is a sign of impatience. I am a very patient person. Kyo-Ani has all but stated Disappearance will be made SOMEday. It's all a matter of when.
They did?

Where?

I never saw anything about that.

Besides Patience is a good thing, However when it is still very possible they will just give up on a franchise and move on to somthing else it's still a very terrifying thing.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:35   Link #1007
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
They did?

Where?

I never saw anything about that.

Besides Patience is a good thing, However when it is still very possible they will just give up on a franchise and move on to somthing else it's still a very terrifying thing.
The website going down on the date of the novel? The official Kyo-Ani artwork of Nagato and Asakura?

I see no reason why they won't make it in the future. If anything, the opposite.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:36   Link #1008
OkamiNoKaze

I think that was part of it too, with each episode of endless 8, people grew more and more worried there wouldn't be any of the Disappearance storyline, I think if they had known from the get go what was included in this reairing ( granted they always did call it a re-airing of "Season 1") that it might have been better received.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:36   Link #1009
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I don't see how putting Haruhi on the cover of the last two Newtype issues is a sign of abandoning the anime franchise.

But I agree it's mostly impatience. It goes for anything that isn't out yet but people are waiting for, such as novel 10.

I think we're going a bit off-topic , though lol

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:37   Link #1010
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I think that was part of it too, with each episode of endless 8, people grew more and more worried there wouldn't be any of the Disappearance storyline, I think if they had known from the get go what was included in this reairing ( granted they always did call it a re-airing of "Season 1") that it might have been better received.
Don't people have trust that the production company knows what they're doing?
Old 2009-09-13, 17:39   Link #1011
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
... And people say that it's the Endless Eight critics that are the ones who refuse to let this go...

Quite frankly, it seems to me like it's the Endless Eight defenders that simply refuse to move on and accept the fact that many people hated E8, and for perfectly legitimate reasons.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:41   Link #1012
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I don't see how putting Haruhi on the cover of the last two Newtype issues is a sign of abandoning the anime franchise.

But I agree it's mostly impatience. It goes for anything that isn't out yet but people are waiting for, such as novel 10.
Exactly. That's exactly what Endless Eight is. As I said in my essay, when Haruhi is 50-60 episodes and everything's been adapted, no one's going to complain that there are seven extra episodes.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:42   Link #1013
Tornadium

A lot hated it, A lot loved it.

That's fine. Justification is the problem. Absolutely no one is correct. Endless Eight had it's good points and it's bad points.

As long as people rabidly attack it and defend it no one will be able to move on from it which is sad really.

As for Disapperance...It was hinted i'll give you that. No where was it ever said "Yea we are definately going to do it eventually".

They could have abandoned the idea (Doubtful and i really hope that's not the case but just trying to prove a point).
Old 2009-09-13, 17:42   Link #1014
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... And people say that it's the Endless Eight critics that are the ones who refuse to let this go...

Quite frankly, it seems to me like it's the Endless Eight defenders that simply refuse to move on and accept the fact that many people hated E8, and for perfectly legitimate reasons.
Well, it's a lively discussion and healthy debate.

So what are those reasons? I'll be happy to discuss.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:43   Link #1015
OkamiNoKaze

Granted I haven't been around since the beginning of the series like alot of people here, but from what I understand, the creators of this series like to play little games with the audience, that to some stretches that trust, and to alot of them the Endless 8, and possibly this whole re-airing, strained it past the breaking point.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:43   Link #1016
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
A lot hated it, A lot loved it.

That's fine. Justification is the problem. Absolutely no one is correct. Endless Eight had it's good points and it's bad points.

As long as people rabidly attack it and defend it no one will be able to move on from it which is sad really.

As for Disapperance...It was hinted i'll give you that. No where was it ever said "Yea we are definately going to do it eventually".

They could have abandoned the idea (Doubtful and i really hope that's not the case but just trying to prove a point).
I don't think it's "sad." Healthy and intelligent conversation is good.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:44   Link #1017
Tornadium

Quote:
I don't think it's "sad." Healthy and intelligent conversation is good.
The sad comment was that as long as Haruhi is around, People are going to dwell on Endless Eight.

People remember the bad not the good.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:45   Link #1018
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Granted I haven't been around since the beginning of the series like alot of people here, but from what I understand, the creators of this series like to play little games with the audience, that to some stretches that trust, and to alot of them the Endless 8, and possibly this whole re-airing, strained it past the breaking point.
They don't need to though have it past the breaking point though. Games are fun...
Old 2009-09-13, 17:45   Link #1019
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

As long as new viewers to the series ask how to watch Endless Eight there won't be anyway to 'move on' from it lol. These types of discussions will pop up each time in some fashion, I think.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:46   Link #1020
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
The sad comment was that as long as Haruhi is around, People are going to dwell on Endless Eight.

People remember the bad not the good.
Unless you think it IS good. Rewatching the series, I say Endless Eight has a tremendous pull and draw to it.
Closed Thread