AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-06, 03:40   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& it's funny that it'll probably take you the same amount of time to catch up with One Piece, as it would to watch the other 16 shows in that list.
Old 2010-07-06, 03:55   Link #22
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& it's funny that it'll probably take you the same amount of time to catch up with One Piece, as it would to watch the other 16 shows in that list.
I would never ne able to watch an ongoing show with 400+ ? episodes as of now when I even struggle to finish 24 episode animes I actually don't dislike at all but am not completely sold to (like Durarara atm). With this long shows I resort to reading the manga, as I do with 'One Piece', which is less time consuming. And most of the time the manga is even better than it's counterpart anime.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:03   Link #23
God of Peace

I was totally engrossed with the Berserk manga (although the anime, which is also good, led me to it).

I third Code Geass, Baccano! and also Gundam Seed, a few of the anime I watched literally non-stop.

God whispers in our pleasures, but shouts in our pain. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. We cannot learn without pain. Because a man of pleasure is also a man of pains.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:55   Link #24
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
I would never ne able to watch an ongoing show with 400+ ? episodes as of now when I even struggle to finish 24 episode animes I actually don't dislike at all but am not completely sold to (like Durarara atm). With this long shows I resort to reading the manga, as I do with 'One Piece', which is less time consuming. And most of the time the manga is even better than it's counterpart anime.
I feel the same way BUT there are weird exceptions for me (like Maison Ikkoku) that I could probably continue watching even if it were 1000 episodes. Which is why I created this thread, I'm hoping some of these series will be engrossing enough to hook me like that.
Old 2010-07-07, 09:06   Link #25
Qwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
I think it'd be difficult for just about anyone to sit and watch 400 episodes of anything and not get sick of it. The trick with one piece is get a bunch of episodes and just leave them on your HDD. When the mood hits you, watch a few episodes. Slowly but surely that 400 episode number dwindles, and if you hit an especially enjoyable arc, you may end up watching more then you thought possible. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything, but if you haven't at least watched the first 5-6 episodes to see what its like, you should because Luffy is absolutely hilarious. Its one of the only shounen animes I've seen where the main character is actually completely confident and not obnoxious about it.
Old 2010-07-07, 09:18   Link #26
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I would recommend Code Geass. One of the only series where I would stay up late every Saturday to hear about the upcoming episode(This was for season 2). I think anyone would like the plot and will have an character or two to like.
Old 2010-07-07, 10:13   Link #27
signorRossi

@Qwey
I have actually already seen quite a few episodes of the 'One Piece' anime (even watched one today :-) ), but as I said I am following the manga atm and don't plan to stop, even though shounen is a genre I have outgrown of. ;-)
Closed Thread