AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 16:58   Link #81
Migs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirachira-Pandora
...Canada, where everybody wears skijackets and are ugly.
I resent that! I don't wear skijackets!

Last edited by Migs; 2004-10-06 at 17:14.
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 22:15   Link #82
Chara
Digidestined

None of the Canadians I know where skiijackets either. :/ Thats a bit of a rasicst comment. Toronto is actually in the same latitute as California.

Munich 1921... Does anyone see that there might be an animated version of Hitler in this movie? Amazing that a Japanese animation studio is as daring as to create something about the Word Wars, I'm sure its a sensitive subject to a few older Japanese viewers.

Isn't it interesting to think that if he were real, Ed could still be alive here in our world? Though he'd be like... in his eighties... =) Anyone know an old German man missing an arm and a leg?
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 12:47   Link #83
Whisky

Dude, he was born 1899.. that would make him 105 now..

But, if someone still wanna see him.. just search for the smallest grave
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 13:47   Link #84
muramasa007

Talking Full Metal Alchemist

For people who like FMA did u guys watch the last episode? if ya did then it might give a clue on wut the movie is about!!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-07 at 17:02. Reason: Threads merged
muramasa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 13:53   Link #85
muramasa007

NEW INFO (on the movie)

the last episode of FMA gives us a clue on wut the movie is about!!! the last ep wuz the best one out of all!!! and u might wanna download to see for urself!
muramasa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:01   Link #86
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
Munich 1921... Does anyone see that there might be an animated version of Hitler in this movie? Amazing that a Japanese animation studio is as daring as to create something about the Word Wars, I'm sure its a sensitive subject to a few older Japanese viewers.
I don't think it's that big a deal, it should be even more daring for Germany but it hasn't stopped them. (Well not necesarily animated movies.)
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:08   Link #87
KevLar
ir

Send a message via AIM to KevLar
zOMG
teh zeppelins r attack
KevLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 00:40   Link #88
Chirachira-Pandora

Clarification.

Ahoyhoy,

Yer friendly neighbourhood anti-christ here. I'd like to clarify on my prior stereotyping of Canadians. I did not mean to offend anyone, despite the twisted sense of vengeful satisfaction that would entail for me, and if I have, I friendlilly appologise. But, you see, I'm Canadian. (Note the spelling of neighbourhood above, you can't deny my Canadianess!) So I can do that. Bwahahaaha. Eitherway, I'm being cryogenically frozen till 2005. See you all then. Tata.

Chirachira Pandora
P.S. How 'boot them polar bears, eh?
Chirachira-Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 03:37   Link #89
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
None of the Canadians I know where skiijackets either. :/ Thats a bit of a rasicst comment. Toronto is actually in the same latitute as California.
Now you offend californians with that and your EVEN WRONG the northern most border does not share the same latitude with any bit of canada I checked. Also dont assume all of california is perfect sunny weather. Above San Fran the weather is various and very moist it rains alot and it even snows. How ever the southern part has nice weather. You would be better off saying only northern canada is cold all the time like alaska's interior. the rest of it is similar to the american northern midwest. 4 seasons and not all are cold.

The reason for toronto and some of the costal citys is the water regulates the temperature during the day it warms up and during the night the retained warmth keeps the land warmer than inland citys. The coldest places will be northern latitudes where they are not near water. Also the flat ness of the land matters if it is flat windswept the bone chilling cold of -73 windchill will exist makes me want to bust out my winter coat just thinking about it....

In california the thing i miss the most is seeing the rocky mountians all the time i really miss the mountians....

The Movie takes place 2 years after the show ends...so were talking 1923...So they will be dealing with Hyperinflation and famine.
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:13   Link #90
Bulle

Name of the FMA Movie

Hello,

The name of the movie : "Fullmetal Alchemist : The Conquerer of Shanbara"

What is Shanbara ? => if you say shanbara in japanese, you say "shamballa" ,
What is Shamballa ? = > Google

=> From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.

This places seem to be The Door , no ?

More information on Shamballa : The Centre where the Will of God is Known

Edit : I forget to mention one thing
I receveid the name of the movie yesterday, by the official mailing list of Fullmetal Alchemist
The mail :
2005年夏、松竹系にて劇場版「鋼」、ロードショー!
完全オリジナルストーリーで展開する待望の劇場版の、
サブタイトルが遂に決定!!!

「劇場版 鋼の錬金術師 シャンバラを征く者」

2005年夏、あなたは劇場で「鋼の錬金術師」史上最大の錬成を目撃する。
Bulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 04:17   Link #91
seissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle
あなたは劇場で「鋼の錬金術師」史上最大の錬成を目撃する。

ooh. i like the way it sounds.
seissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 05:35   Link #92
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas
Now you offend californians with that and your EVEN WRONG the northern most border does not share the same latitude with any bit of canada I checked. Also dont assume all of california is perfect sunny weather.
How is that an offence? I'm confuse. I'm guessing it must be the fact Chara got his/her facts wrong...

Anyways, yay for movie-sequels! O_o Ed really looked like he grew 2-3 feet in that promo movie website...hehe, but I bet everyone else grew as well so he probably will be considered short.

Who's so short that he can be compared to an atom?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle
The name of the movie : "Fullmetal Alchemist : The Conquerer of Shanbara"

What is Shanbara ? => if you say shanbara in japanese, you say "shamballa" ,
What is Shamballa ? = > Google

=> From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.

This place seem to be The Door , no ?
Wow, that makes it sound so interesting altogether. Now who will be the conquerer of Shanbara? Ed or Al? Someone else?

It does sound like the Door, the ability to travel between the two dimensions with ease sounds fun. (then again, there probably are certain rules that are invoked with dimension hopping)
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 08:24   Link #93
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

There's a small scene where Hohemheim was joining the magic believers in the last episode.
May be magic will be conpared to Alchemist in the movie.
Whatever, it sounds fun!
devilpim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 08:55   Link #94
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

ALL so interesting and I want the movie now seeing as Naruto sucks

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie FMA Movie NOW!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 07:49   Link #95
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Unfortunately if a reunion should occur there will be a drawback. Something like Ed wont be able to use alchemy anymore. Which would really suck cuz I would love to see the Elric brothers rippin it up in the other world. Although, The Law of Conservation would need a sacrfice if his return had anything to deal with alchemy. I think that his return will have something to do with that group they show hohenheim with at the end. I think it was in the last episode. Perhaps that plays into the movie more. It would make sense.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 02:29   Link #96
sakura_wingz

Send a message via ICQ to sakura_wingz Send a message via MSN to sakura_wingz
there is no law of conservation
sakura_wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 17:05   Link #97
garu

The movie is going to be either one of three things:
1) a summary of the movie with alternate events (i.e. Escaflowne)
2) a summary of the movie leading to a similar ending as the series except maybe slightly more gratifying (Ed and Al together, maybe)
OR
It will take off from where the series left off. I am putting a probability of this at about 70% BECAUSE of a few things (i feel another list coming on)
1) The last episode ended VERY STRONGLY IMPLYING that there was 'work left to be done' by the brothers.
2) There is a WHOLE LOT of hype over the movie, especially in Japan (where the FMA movie is getting Star Wars level pre-release attention).
3) The name of the movie, implying that there may be presence of characters at the gate, leaves me to think that Ed, or even Al finds a way to cross between the gate (and an even stranger path being that Ed builds something that reaches 'heaven' where he finds the gate. See previous posts by other people to understand).

I put ALL MY HOPE AND FAITH in the movie being a continuation AND conclusion to the series. It is quite ironic because I will be arriving in Japan for my 3rd year of study about the exact time the movie releases. I'm just wondering if I should witness it all the way through without knowing fully what's going on.

what do you all think?
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:16   Link #98
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm
That'd be cool if the movie had Hohenheim in it. I really like his character. You can't go wrong with good ol' Paracelsus. I swear, the first time I heard Hohenheim's name way back in the beginning of the anime I was like, OMG I KNOW WHO THAT IS!! Haha, and the movie could be about Hohenheim trying to create a human the way he thought he could in real life (it's really nastly, involving some fermented semen and a horse's womb and lots and lots of blood but hey, it could work..) And Hohenheim was pretty gosh darn important because he shifted away from herbs and all that fruity stuff and focused more attention on chemicals. =P So yeah, that'd be cool if the movie kind of followed Hohenheim doing what he actually did in real history.
Bremm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 12:53   Link #99
Demus

Well I just finished watching FMA yesterday. I'd have to say, I was not impressed with the ending. I don't care about happy or sad endings, I care about a good story. The ending was intentionally left open so they could make truckloads of money off of the movie. That's crap.

As far as the movie goes there's a few things I figured I'd throw out there. A few name drops at the end of ep. 51 were obviously intentional. The Thule society and Karl Haushofer. The both of which were very involved with Hitler and his rise to power. 1921, the date given in the movie, just so happens to be the first time Haushofer and Hitler meet. Hitler was a member of the Vril Society (The Luminous Lodge) and the Thule Society. The NAZI party conducted many expiditions to find men with god-like powers, considered to be higher beings and direct decendants of the Aryan family. They also claimed to have found these men, and where in contact with them. Which leads to the whole NAZI UFO thing, if anyone's framiliar with that.

Anyway, as far as that relates to FMA, well the Philospher's stone requires lives, does it not? With hitler being so close to Hohenheim (as ep. 51 would imply), I don't think it's far fetched to assume they'd blame WW2 on the philosphers stone.

Last edited by Demus; 2004-11-18 at 04:06.
Demus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:27   Link #100
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

Is there seriously gonna be an FMA movie?

Is there really gonna be a movie for Fullmetal Alchemist? If so...when?
jo_jo14_6 is offline   Reply With Quote