AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 00:18   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Haganai which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2011-10-31, 13:04   Link #2
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

How does this forum judge which series deserves a sub-forum (like this one)? Is it base by request, popularity (Japan Magazine) or on a staff whim?

Cause I might reconsider watching this again (dropped episode 1).
Old 2011-10-31, 13:13   Link #3
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

For the answer to both of your questions, look here: Anime Sub-Forum Principles and Guidance

Any more questions on this will be deleted on sight and the persistent ones will be given an infraction.

Thank you.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:47   Link #4
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I don't have many friends. If I get several girls to join a club just like Kodaka, will I finally have friends?

Edit:
*looks at friends list*

It does work! I'm just as crazy as the Neighbors Club, and I have a considerable amount of e-friends! Thanks so much, Yozora!

(Please don't hate me Crow) :P
Old 2011-11-06, 03:32   Link #5
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Were all the pop-culture references - Oreimo, blacksmith, index, etc. - in the original novels or were they updated/changed in the anime to what are popular now?
Old 2011-11-06, 03:44   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Were all the pop-culture references - Oreimo, blacksmith, index, etc. - in the original novels or were they updated/changed in the anime to what are popular now?

They were all there, except the Maria 'cosplaying' Index reference.

In the original, Maria fell asleep right before character creation so she never participated in the game.
Old 2011-11-18, 07:08   Link #7
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

how many eps is this? i hope its not 12, all the good series are getting 12 eps instead of 24

eg. mayo chiki
Old 2011-11-18, 07:38   Link #8
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
how many eps is this? i hope its not 12, all the good series are getting 12 eps instead of 24

eg. mayo chiki
Unfortunately, at the start of the season this said 12. Even now it says 12 so it is just about final. (sometimes at the start of the season those tv listings aren't final, but I say from experience that site has never let me down.)
Old 2011-11-18, 07:41   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If it's not 12 it's 13, these kinds of light hearted comedy hardly ever needs more than 1 cour.

Leave 2 cours for the more serious business shows.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:31   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Speaking of 12 episodes. Am I correct if I say that they make a manga into an anime ( usually 12 episodes only) to use it as a promotional, I mean, advertisement to make it more sales in the manga version?

By the way I guess it'll be twelve.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:53   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The show will indeed be 12 episodes, which was confirmed by the Blu-Ray solicitations. Of course that doesn't preclude OVAs or future seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Speaking of 12 episodes. Am I correct if I say that they make a manga into an anime ( usually 12 episodes only) to use it as a promotional, I mean, advertisement to make it more sales in the manga version.
Well, they typically call this sort of project "media mix". They use the anime to drum up attention for the entire franchise and support it with releases across as many different kinds of media possible: novels, manga, music CDs, DVDs/Blu-Rays, figures, console games, and so on. The companies that fund the anime are the very same as the ones selling these various goods. A show like this is likely to get decent sales across all the various media, but some other shows are more weighted to one form of a media or another. But it's certainly true that just because an anime doesn't sell well on DVD/Blu-Ray doesn't mean it's a failure -- they have to consider the franchise on the whole as part of the Return On Investment calculation. Some shows do indeed result primarily in an increase in novel or manga sales (or increased circulation for the magazines that run it), and that's certainly good for the producers as well. A show getting selected for an anime can be seen as a way of separating the wheat from the chaff, so it helps people choose what franchises to pay attention to in an otherwise crowded market.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:59   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Speaking of 12 episodes. Am I correct if I say that they make a manga into an anime ( usually 12 episodes only) to use it as a promotional, I mean, advertisement to make it more sales in the manga version?

By the way I guess it'll be twelve.
It's originally a Light Novel that has a very successful sale even before the Anime, very much comparable to the likes of Index, Baka-Test and OreImo.

The reason why these shows are 1 cours is because you don't see alot of RomCom stories hitting double digits in volumes.

In other words, not enough material.

But more importantly RomCom stories aren't usually 2 cour material because they tend to drag on.
Old 2011-11-26, 15:46   Link #13
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I see that Funimation picked this up, but why was it called "Haganai?" Is it a short term for the name?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-11-26, 18:34   Link #14
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I see that Funimation picked this up, but why was it called "Haganai?" Is it a short term for the name?
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Apparently when 'wa' is on it's own it becomes 'ha' -> Haganai.
Old 2011-11-27, 12:50   Link #15
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Apparently when 'wa' is on it's own it becomes 'ha' -> Haganai.
Yep. If you're wondering why those words were specifically chosen, it's because they were the only words written in Hiragana, not Kanji (Chinese characters).
Old 2011-12-23, 17:18   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How many volumes of the Light Novel does the anime cover? How much content would you say the anime has cut out (like a rough percentage)?
Old 2011-12-23, 17:30   Link #17
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How many volumes of the Light Novel does the anime cover? How much content would you say the anime has cut out (like a rough percentage)?
It covers up to the beginning of vol. 4. It cuts out a few chapters of vol. 1 (Momotarou and Cell Phone Novel). Out of volume 2, it cuts out the trio telling jokes, Romance of Three Kingdoms, Kodaka telling Maria his "jokes", Short Story Relay. It didn't cut much from volume 3 or the couple of chapters from volume 4. I'd say a little less than half of volume 2 got cut out, and very little of volume 1 got cut out. Half the show was volume 1 & 2, and the other half was pretty much volume 3.

Hope this helps! I didn't read the earlier volumes of the novels, but I read the manga so I hope I didn't mess up.

EDIT: For anyone who's curious, here's how the anime covered the novels.

Episode 0: Prologue and Character Introduction is a Lot like Clamping (vol. 1)
Episode 1: Kodaka Hasegawa, Yozora, Sena Kashiwazaki (vol. 1)
Episode 2: The Hunt, Welcome to the World of Galgame (vol. 1)
Episode 3: To the Tainted Sadness, Hasegawa Family Affairs, Swimming Pool, Past (vol. 1)
Episode 4: Takayama Maria (and Kobato Joining Flag 1), Underling, Shiguma Rika, Rotten (mix of vol. 1 & 2)
Episode 5 (didn't watch this episode so I may miss a chapter): Romancing Saga, Little Sister, and ? (vol. 2)
Episode 6: Karaoke, Consolation Party, (vol. 2) Prologue: Farewell (vol. 3) <--not completely sure on this one
Episode 7: The Feeding of the Little Girl, History, The Silent Phone (vol. 3)
Episode 8: Sealing Technique, Release!, Saint vs Vampire, Jaws, Everyone at the Pool (vol. 3)
Episode 9: Demon Astaroth's Arrival, A Visit to Kashiwazaki's Abode (vol. 3)
Episode 10: The Sea, Ghost Stories (vol. 3)
Episode 11: Summer Festival, Epilogue: Reunion (vol. 3)
Episode 12: Recap + Renuion Part II, The Neighbor Club's Reaction (vol. 4)

I didn't rewatch the episodes, so this isn't 100% accurate.

Last edited by LC; 2011-12-23 at 18:00.
Old 2011-12-24, 08:01   Link #18
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The skipped chapters made Yukimura and Maria's less contribute by the way.

And some of details were also changed or cut, mostly Kodaka's inner thought/narration about trivial things so it didn't really important.
Like on the episode 2, on the end of the galgame part, Kodaka actually tried to play the game Sena gave. Though he didn't go to any girls route, he always go to any event with Masaru (or whatever the name of Semoponume/main character's close friend), he got bad ending but he felt satisfy XD

The important narration that was cut was from the end of episode 9.
Old 2012-03-04, 19:35   Link #19
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I wanted to know which parts of the novel the manga covers; i watched the anime, and can say it pretty much is identical to the manga(i'm currently reading volume5, when they are going all together to the swimming pool) up to vol5.

But after i finish reading the chapters of the manga(Itachi's one) that cover the story shown in the anime (and as far as i could see, it would mean the first 3-4 volumes of the novel), how much far will it go? Does it cover the story that comes after? How much of the novel does it cover? Are there any important differences between the novel and the manga, or they are just alike(perhaps the manga cutting some part) ? If it doesn't fully cover the novel, from where should i start reading the novel, after i finish the manga? Try not to spoil anything

Thank you for your attention.
Old 2012-03-11, 01:52   Link #20
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

from what ive seen the manga is covering all of the novel, but changing the order of the events so no big thing, but the anime didt adapted a couple of things, like the relay novel and the story of momotaro, that if you read the manga, are already adapted, though in some of the last episodes of the anime they mention the acting wich should be the momotaro part, so maybe those parts will appear as the extra episodes en the DVD/BDs.

Tags
q&a