AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-28, 12:25   Link #1221
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Harurun is leading in the first hour! Come on idols, you can pull this off (but then again I wouldn't mind SUBARA winning; she's one of my favorite characters in Achiga hen after all)
Old 2012-09-28, 14:45   Link #1222
Hachiko
The Akita

Oy, Kirame, I'm giving you the keys to my Subaru. Don't crash it.

Spoiler for すばらっ!!:
Old 2012-09-28, 17:45   Link #1223
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-0 (11-7, 65-49)
Predictions: 1-1 (15-3, 86-28)

Wow, what a delightful surprise! Sakuno-chan's through to R3! Yes, her matches have been relatively easy ones and she has the least votes among the chars who are through to R3, but... she's there! URYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picks: Yayoi, Haruka
Predictions: Yayoi, Haruka

Yes there's an im@s combo, but it's still difficult matches for both Yayoi and Haruka against Sanya and SUBARA. I'm really fine with either in both matches, although since Yayoi's in my top10, I'd be a little bit happier if she pulled through. Do your best, Yayoi!
Old 2012-09-28, 18:13   Link #1224
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Oy, Kirame, I'm giving you the keys to my Subaru. Don't crash it.

Spoiler for すばらっ!!:
That'd be a problem if WAHAHA gets the keys.
Old 2012-09-28, 18:13   Link #1225
ion475
にこにこにー

So, with Yumi losing, my record drop to 16-2.

For today, 1st match is another boring one. 2nd match is a premier Saki-Idolm@ster matchup, with Subara taking on Haruka. Kanna is also there to stir things up even more...

Picks: Sanae, Kirame
Prediction: Yayoi, Kirame

すばらですの!
Old 2012-09-28, 21:02   Link #1226
RJ TAYLER

Subaru: Proud fleet sponsors of Saimoe since 2007, drive the car the competitors catch!

Looks like a headliner's delight, a ''Marvellous Strike" might be in the offing today. So I'll wait and see how this pans out, gold (real or fool's) awaits.
Old 2012-09-29, 06:57   Link #1227
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
That'd be a problem if WAHAHA gets the keys.
Wahaha will never get the keys. Over my dead body. Wa Ha Ha!

Nyaruko feeling the pinch.

Spoiler for PINCH!:
Old 2012-09-29, 09:10   Link #1228
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

●第一試合
1位 283票 サーニャ・V・リトヴャク@ストライクウィッチーズ劇場版
2位 229票 高槻やよい@THE IDOLM@STER
3位 103票 長月早苗@侵略!?イカ娘

●第二試合
1位 280票 花田煌@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 224票 天海春香@THE IDOLM@STER
3位 135票 谷川柑菜@あの夏で待ってる

Picks- Hibiki and Nyaruko
Prediction- Hibiki and Nyaruko
Old 2012-09-29, 09:20   Link #1229
Team Rocket Elite

The idols put up quite a fight but even with a combination they fall short of winning. Sanya and Kirame end up doing about as well as I thought they would. Sanya is going to make things very tough for the character that comes out of the other side of E Block. Should Kuro fail to make the Block finals, Kirami looks good enough to try and be a backup winner for the Saki fanbase.

First match is a battle between midcarders to try and advance to Round 3. To me, Rin looks like the strongest of the three but you can't really discount the Idolm@ster character here. Hibiki has a pretty good chance to take out Rin and they need to make up for the double loss they just took. I don't really expect much from Charlotte. While she's not that weak, she's probably going to get left behind. The second match is a vicious match between the winners of preliminary groups 9, 10 and 11. The worst part is, winning this match isn't enough to cruise into the Top 8. A strong opponent awaits the winner in Round 3 as well. In terms of base strength, Kuro should be the strongest. She should be Saki's #2 and arguable the second strongest character in the tournament. The problem is Ryuuka. Ryuuka is one of the stronger Saki characters will split the Saki fanbase a bit with Kuro. This give Nyaruko a great opportunity to steal the win. While Ryuuka is likely to get thrown under the bus she'll hurt Kuro at least a bit and every vote may count in Kuro vs Nyaruko. I think Kuro will come out on top still.

Votes:
Charlotte Dunois
Matsumi Kuro

Predictions:
Toosaka Rin
Matsumi Kuro
Old 2012-09-29, 09:27   Link #1230
broken270
Defying gravity

F3 is going to be fun to see. Will Saki sacrifice one for the other, or will Nyaruko win via split vote? Also, picture for today's match is here.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-29, 09:38   Link #1231
timbits
Harem Lead

and now, for one of, if not the biggest matchday this year. Interesting to see how the saki faction will deal with this split.
Old 2012-09-29, 09:45   Link #1232
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I usually don't get into the prediction game with Saimoe competitions, but I'm going to predict a Nyaruko victory in the hopes of jinxing it.

No offense to Nyaruko, but as a big Saki fan, my preference would definitely be either of the two Saki girls.

And in all seriousness, I really think this could be a very nasty split for Saki allowing Nyaruko to come up the middle and take it. I could definitely see Ryuuka's supporters being pretty hard votes - Many of them probably aren't just fans of Saki, but are also big fans of the Toko-Ryuuka pairing in particular. I'm not sure if they'd be willing to abandon Ryuuka to support Kuro (while they likely would support Kuro against almost anybody else).

Plus, Saki faction voters haven't struck me as being particularly well-organized in this tournament. What I mean by that is that I haven't seen much evidence of them trying to snipe the top competitors, or "play" J-SaiMoe in general. For good or for ill, they seem to be voting with their heart.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:08   Link #1233
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

^^ actually Saki's fairly organized as a faction(or at least vote rushes in the end always save them). In fact, this isn't even the first time they've dealt with splits (Nodoka-Tacos-Maria back in 2010) and prevailed. And if someone's gonna prevail here, it's probably Kuro (Ryuuka didn't get that much airtime afterall even with the awesome pairing). Kuro's like, Class A Saki. This is gonna be a real toughie though.

Most of the time though Saki fans just vote for Saki characters (period) which is partly the reason why they chocked in both 09 and 10 but they have TOKI this year (who is the clear favorite Saki girl) and Toki has a lot of momentum (which is what most Saimoe champions have //besides Mami perhaps) so Saki literally has a good chance of winning this year's tourney.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:20   Link #1234
Wanderer
Goat

For yesterday's match this is my prediction. Trust me that I didn't look at the results first, but it's a 1-1 result so it's pretty believable anyway.

E2
1st 283 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
2nd 229 Yayoi Takatsuki @ The Idolmaster
3rd 103 Sanae Nagatsuki @ Squid Girl

F2
1st 280 Kirame Hanada @ Saki
2nd 224 Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster
3rd 135 Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru

which, including the round before (also 1-1) as well, puts me at:

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (9-11), Predictions (16-4)

And for today:

E3
Hibiki Ganaha @ The Idolmaster: <<我那覇響@THE IDOLM@STER>>
Rin Tousaka @ Fate/Stay Night: <<遠坂凛@Carnival Phantasm/Fate/Zero>>
Charlotte Dunois @ Infinite Stratos: <<シャルロット・デュノア@IS -インフィニット・ストラトス- アンコール 恋に焦がれる六重奏>>

A really hard pick. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised at any of the 3 winning.

F3
Kuro Matsumi @ Saki: <<松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Nyarlathotep @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san: <<ニャル子@這いよれ!ニャル子さん>>
Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki: <<清水谷竜華@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>

My guess is that it'd be a pitched battle between Kuro and Nyrarlko without Ryuuka involved. So I'll give it 50/50 if -Saki- is organized, and a sure win for Nyarlko if not.
Old 2012-09-29, 10:48   Link #1235
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...Rin and ...Nyarlko.

Good luck predicting either match. Anyone could win today.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:22   Link #1236
ion475
にこにこにー

So far, 0-2 in Group E, dropping me to 17-3 in Round 2.

Guess Sanya's win over Hina is no fluke...

For next round. E2-3 is b/t Charlotte and Rin, while F2-3, well, Ryuuka is likely be abandoned, but Nyaruko herself is fairly powerful either way...(Just look at Kuuko)

Pick: (aka Double Hanazawa vote)
E2-3: <<シャルロット・デュノア@IS -インフィニット・ストラトス- アンコール 恋に焦がれる六重奏>>
F2-3: <<松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>

Prediction: Charlotte, Nyaruko
Old 2012-09-29, 11:28   Link #1237
stormtrooper

Ryuuka would sacrifice this match for Kuro so Kuro would be an easier pick for me.

Picks - Rin, Kuro
Predictions - Rin, Kuro
Old 2012-09-29, 11:51   Link #1238
seemmeriast

Kuro - 95
Nyaruko - 94
Ryuuka - 5

Saki fans know what to do very quickly.
Old 2012-09-29, 12:03   Link #1239
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
Kuro - 95
Nyaruko - 94
Ryuuka - 5

Saki fans know what to do very quickly.
Yea but it seems like they are suffering from the split vote still since Nyaruko is close enough to steal 1st place from Kuro
Old 2012-09-29, 12:04   Link #1240
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
^^ actually Saki's fairly organized as a faction(or at least vote rushes in the end always save them). In fact, this isn't even the first time they've dealt with splits (Nodoka-Tacos-Maria back in 2010) and prevailed. And if someone's gonna prevail here, it's probably Kuro (Ryuuka didn't get that much airtime afterall even with the awesome pairing). Kuro's like, Class A Saki. This is gonna be a real toughie though.

Most of the time though Saki fans just vote for Saki characters (period) which is partly the reason why they chocked in both 09 and 10 but they have TOKI this year (who is the clear favorite Saki girl) and Toki has a lot of momentum (which is what most Saimoe champions have //besides Mami perhaps) so Saki literally has a good chance of winning this year's tourney.
I hope you're right. I'd be quite pleased with a Toki victory this year. I was kind of disappointed by what happened to Shizuno, but maybe that was more of a special case than anything.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament